Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Constellation Event

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
in Vault
Independence day is almost here and what better way to spend it than by collecting lost constellations. The Constellation Event is back with everyone's favorite stars!

00Ipn-f2e3ed3b-de4d-4d08-8535-edeeed3a0152.jpg

Constellation Event
Event Dates: Thursday, June 28th, After Maintenance - Thursday, July 19th, Before Maintenance

How to Participate:

• Visit the Night Watcher in Dunbarton to designate a main character for the event. Only one character per account can be selected.
  • The Night Watcher will ask you to restore the nine lost constellations by entering dungeons throughout Erinn. Each Constellation Dungeon will require a Fomor Pass to enter, and participating characters will get two Fomor Passes per day. Completing each quest will reward:
  • 20,000 EXP per dungeon
  • An Astrologer's Box
  • Standard dungeon rewards
  • A Mobile Homestead prop specific to the rescued Constellation
  • Once all nine Constellations have been restored, return to the Night Watcher to collect the grand reward:
  • 10,000 EXP
  • Nine Constellation Transformation Medals
  • Including 5,000 EXP from the intro quest, a total of 195,000 EXP can be earned through the Constellation Event.
  • Each dungeon will reward a different amount of Star Fragments:
  • Alby Dungeon: 3 Star Fragments
  • Ciar Dungeon: 3 Star Fragments
  • Barri Dungeon: 3 Star Fragments
  • Fiodh Dungeon: 4 Star Fragments
  • Math Dungeon: 4 Star Fragments
  • Rabbie Dungeon: 4 Star Fragments
  • Rundal Dungeon: 4 Star Fragments
  • Coill Dungeon: 6 Star Fragments
  • Peaca Dungeon: 6 Star Fragments

00Ipn-b014a5c4-905b-4369-9a16-66472ae93b94.jpg

Astrologer's Box Rewards:

Opening the Astrologer's Box will randomly reward one of the following items:

• Ancient Magic Powder
  • Antidote Herb (Quantity: 5)
  • Aquamarine (5cm)
  • Base Herb (Quantity: 5)
  • Blessed Magic Powder (Quantity: 5)
  • Bloody Herb (Quantity: 5)
  • Blue Upgrade Stone (Event)
  • Diamond (5cm)
  • Elite Magic Powder (Quantity: 5)
  • Emerald (5cm)
  • Garbage Herb (Quantity: 5)
  • Garnet (5cm)
  • Golden Herb (Quantity: 5)
  • Holy Water of Lymilark (Quantity: 5)
  • Homestead Cabbage Seeds (Quantity: 5)
  • Homestead Eggplant Seeds (Quantity: 5)
  • Homestead Pumpkin Seeds (Quantity: 5)
  • Homestead Strawberry Seeds (Quantity: 5)
  • Homestead Tomato Seeds (Quantity: 5)
  • Jasper (5cm)
  • Magic Powder (Quantity: 5)
  • Mana Herb (Quantity: 5)
  • Mandrake (Quantity: 5)
  • Poison Herb (Quantity: 5)
  • Red Upgrade Stone (Event)
  • Ruby (5cm)
  • Spinel (5cm)
  • Star Sapphire (5cm)
  • Sunlight Herbs (Quantity: 5)
  • Topaz (5cm)
  • White Herb (Quantity: 5)

Constellation Transformations and Homestead Props:

Earn the Homestead Prop by completing the Constellation's Dungeon, and the Transformation by completing the full quest chain!

• Lost Arachne
  • Lost Golem
  • Lost Ursa Minor
  • Lost Aries
  • Lost Vulpercular
  • Lost Monoceros
  • Lost Serpens
  • Lost Lynx
  • Lost Draco

00Ipn-cce05b05-2003-4660-b51b-b5df38c2adcc.jpg
NegumikoNyunaMizukiHayamaSherri

Comments

• Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    For some reason I thought you could get the constellation pets from this event, but it was a gacha :o I don't remember buying the gacha but I must have. I completed the event in its entirety last time, I wonder if I should do it again in case there is anything new?
  • ThanaturgistThanaturgist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    I'm pretty happy this one's back. I had just come back from a 6 year hiatus when this event was almost over the first time, so I missed out then, so it's nice to have a chance to do it again.
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited June 28, 2018
    Are the constellation medals tradable or bank between characters-able? (Not sure the best choice in word for the latter action. xD)

And, are the dungeons solo? Yes..

According to the wiki, you need 12 star fragments per constellation. Is this correct?
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    these dungeons may be solo but the first time we got this event was before the dungeon update. the special passes we get are very specific and take us into dungeons the way they were before the update. Alby is super short like it used to be with these passes, only thing that is different is you fight the constellation you are collecting as the boss.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Does anyone remember which is the least tedious dungeon for this? I made the mistake of going into Coill lol. Two floors, what a bore.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Eralea wrote: »
    Does anyone remember which is the least tedious dungeon for this? I made the mistake of going into Coill lol. Two floors, what a bore.

Alby cause it is super short. it is only about 4 or 5 rooms then boss. as long as you don't miss any of your days you could only run Alby and get all the rewards from this event.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 28, 2018

You must be joking... Coill before revamp was easy, just 2 floors and all the mobs die within one or two hits. Now Coill monsters are way more tedious to kill. Takes like 2-4 hits to kill. Thankfully, these event passes bring you to old Coill dungeon where monsters are weaker. Completed the dungeon pretty quickly, second floor has a lot of rooms with four orbs so i just spam hit them all until doors open. You can run Coill dungeon two times a day for nine days and be done with it pretty quick or do Alby dungeon runs everyday until event ends and hope that you won't miss a day.
  • EraleaEralea
    Yes I said it's tedious, not difficult. I don't wanna run through 50 rooms of one-shot mobs okay
  • GretaGreta
    Yes I said it's tedious, not difficult. I don't wanna run through 50 rooms of one-shot mobs okay

Well... Your choice. Event Coill is easy since i can one shot monsters in there, would be way more tedious to do revamped Coill. Gonna be done with this event in 9 days and just chill again instead of running Alby daily.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    They didn't revamp rewards for this. :C

Guess I'll just collect a second copy of the mobiles and transformation medals...

Why are the gift box and quest EXP rewards so bad!? :weary:
  • EraleaEralea
    Come to think of it, I don't really need a second full set of mobiles...

I might just get a copy of my favourite ones and ignore the rest of the event. The box rewards are about as exciting as the dungeons.
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135

then run peaca. otherwise you should have just picked a weak alt if you want a challenge
    Greta
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Have to wonder, what's the point of any of the dungeons not having 3 or 6 star fragments?

If they're not the 6 fragment dungeons, then they take 2 days to complete, so you may as well just do Alby.
    Not like you can do three 4 fragment runs, and go back to the event NPC to exchange the pass you have leftover for the next Constellation you need.

And if they're 6 fragment dungeons, Peaca or Coill, you may as well just do Coill, because it's the easiest. (and just as boring to do as back in the day)

So this event is basically Alby or Coill, with the rest being useless fluff.
    Then again, there's nothing to this event other than running normal-difficulty versions of dungeons with altered boss spawns.
    Its only draw is the homestead mobiles and transformations.
    It really could've used a revamp before being rereleased.
    Yoriden
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    This event is actually rather convenient for me. I do the daily dungeon quest (from Eavan) as part of my daily routine and normally that can take some time depending on the dungeon in the quest scroll. However, with the passes provided here I can save time, effort, and even repair money! For example, today I had to run Rundal. Rundal (normal?) generally takes me around 30 minutes to solo even with my master mage talent, whereas with one of the passes provided by this event, I was able to cut it down to less than 10 minutes and kill everything in one shot with dual guns. =D

It's good for the convenience, but for the challenge and rewards, maybe not. I'm pretty much in it to cut time on my daily dungeon run, so everything else is just a bonus to me. :D
    JazmynMizukiHayama
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Fluorette wrote: »
    This event is actually rather convenient for me. I do the daily dungeon quest (from Eavan) as part of my daily routine and normally that can take some time depending on the dungeon in the quest scroll. However, with the passes provided here I can save time, effort, and even repair money! For example, today I had to run Rundal. Rundal (normal?) generally takes me around 30 minutes to solo even with my master mage talent, whereas with one of the passes provided by this event, I was able to cut it down to less than 10 minutes and kill everything in one shot with dual guns. =D

It's good for the convenience, but for the challenge and rewards, maybe not. I'm pretty much in it to cut time on my daily dungeon run, so everything else is just a bonus to me. :D

when this event is over you can also do back room dungeons and they still count for your daily dungeon count. the back room Rundal dungeon is far easier then the normal mode dungeon we have now. this is cause the dungeon update did not effect back room dungeons, castle dungeons, or Iria dungeons.
    Fluorette
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Negumiko wrote: »
    when this event is over you can also do back room dungeons and they still count for your daily dungeon count. the back room Rundal dungeon is far easier then the normal mode dungeon we have now. this is cause the dungeon update did not effect back room dungeons, castle dungeons, or Iria dungeons.

Whoa, did not know that. Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. :)
  • EraleaEralea
    nevyn25 wrote: »

then run peaca. otherwise you should have just picked a weak alt if you want a challenge

Excuse you Peaca is like 100 rooms of one-shot mobs, that's even more boring. I can't run boring dungeons, I have the attention span of a
  • GretaGreta
    nevyn25 wrote: »

Excuse you Peaca is like 100 rooms of one-shot mobs, that's even more boring. I can't run boring dungeons, I have the attention span of a

Span of a? :D

• FluoretteFluorette
    Probably a goldfish? I've heard the saying before.

I just ran through Peaca today with one of the passes and I was not one-shotting mobs... at all. Actually had a bit of a scuffle soloing that (but it was fun to test my skills regardless). I'm definitely not one of the strongest players out there, but I wouldn't say I'm totally weak either...
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    Peaca is just tedious with 3 floors though it is quite a bit of gold.
    The astrologer box is just plain garbage.