Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Alt abuse on Attendance Event

GretaGreta
Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
edited June 30, 2018 in General Chat
Title.

Everyone knows what i'm talking about.

P.S: Stop ninja deleting threads and instead delete comments.
ImaizumiHelsa

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, whoever's doing that sure is fond of the easy way out, when it comes to moderating.
    Jazmyn
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I'll calm down for it this time. Was getting too spicy. I'll still leave my tldr here though

I don't really care if we had 10,000,000 bone dragons enter the economy or not, I do care that nexon seems to be so loose with their rules. This COULD be a slippery slope to something much worse, AKA combat arms where there's more cheaters than legitimate players. No I'm not talking about alt abuse either, I'm talking about packet editing/spawning items etc.
    Veylaine
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited June 30, 2018
    Maybe if people could have civil conversations it wouldn't have been removed the first time. But no, we have people accusing others of being botters, we have people accusing those who multi computer, to be multi-clienting, we have people saying nexon doesn't care when it's been stated in the rules that multi-accounting (Which is two different things) Isn't against the rules, we had others attack people who provided good points on both sides, we had people attacking Toon in the second thread.(I bring this up because 2-3 pages later people were still quoting him and being stupid) I could go on, but you get the point.

It's better to delete the thread than the posts because 98% of the posts in the thread were ones that should have been deleted.
    Dheme
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited June 30, 2018
    @FayeKaiba you do realize neither one side is innocent right? I don't like the bat*** crazy witch hunts these threads create either but people like KelpSoda,Pan,Animemabi and Nearvoush came and trolled the thread long before Toon ( I'm NOT saying Toon trolled either he actually took time to make critques other than "y'all sjws").

If you're going to critize one side for being toxic you have to critize both.
    Greta
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    edited June 30, 2018
    Trythis wrote: »
    @FayeKaiba you do realize neither one side is innocent right? I don't like the bat*** crazy witch hunts these threads create either but people like KelpSoda,Pan,Animemabi and Nearvoush came and trolled the thread long before Toon ( I'm NOT saying Toon trolled either he actually took time to make critques other than "y'all sjws").

If you're going to critize one side for being toxic you have to critize both.

And if you read my post you would have noticed that I said "we had others attack people who provided good points on both sides".
    Edit- I'm aware both sides were toxic. Which is another reason why the threads were removed. And same with the witch hunts.
  • TrythisTrythis
    @KayeKaiba you did but your bias is showing by not elaborating for the pro multi account side just said "on both sides" while you went into detail for the FUD forumers
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    edited June 30, 2018
    I pretty much just summed up what happened in each of the threads. No real need for elaborating. I support multi-accounting, but that side was also being toxic. Both sides went back and forth. There should never have been a second thread, there shouldn't be a third thread. This thread is going to be deleted, and it's going to come to the point that if it's continued, warnings will be handed out to those making the threads, and the threads will become "delete on sight" It's clear no rules are being broken.Yes a mod can come in here and be like "No rules are being broken, stop making these threads" but then that opens the mod up for attacks, (On both the fourms and in their PM's) opens people up to say stuff like "nexon doesnt care" etc etc. Someone even provided a screenshot from CS saying that multi accounts are allowed.
  • TrythisTrythis
    edited June 30, 2018
    @FayeKaiba
    They can just lock the thread if they're going to get attacked. As for pms nothing to remedy that I suppose other than blocking but that's not a forum feature

Secondly you won't satisfy the other side with that it was only for TWO accounts, the other side would want verification for 7+ probably for the images of those 7 or more characters. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/376450742405431306/460909546886660125/suck_it_sjws.png

Here's the link that nearvoush provided only after making 3 posts of just trolling
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Not trying to be rude here but are you calling me trolling? I hope not because I'm not trolling at all. (I am honestly asking here, my brain is half dead from working and I still have another 6h hours to go)
    Also the image says "no more than 5 or more in a month" (but yes it also says 2)
    Anyway back to work for me.
  • TrythisTrythis
    edited June 30, 2018
    @FayeKaibi the only person who I acused of trolling in my last post was near

Making 5 or more accounts and playing 5 or more at the same time are NOT the SAME if you want to rebuttal the other side you have to think what they're trying to say
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Not trying to be rude here but are you calling me trolling? I hope not because I'm not trolling at all. (I am honestly asking here, my brain is half dead from working and I still have another 6h hours to go)
    Also the image says "no more than 5 or more in a month" (but yes it also says 2)
    Anyway back to work for me.

They're talking about the person who originally posted it in the previous thread.
    Of course that was deleted so you can't go back and check that they didn't post that image until they had made 3 posts of just trolling.

Not you, don't worry.

That screenshot is just too vague, which is a big issue in this whole thing.
    It says it's fine to do so as long as you're playing by the rules.
    So it's basically saying it's fine to play by the rules as long as you play by the rules.

I mean until there's a post that bare-bones at least has a GM saying "Yes, it's alright to log in on multiple accounts for the express purpose of increasing the amount of rewards you can get out of an event." there's just too much gray area.
    And gray isn't good, when everything's looking at things in black and white.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Remaking a thread to continue a removed or locked discussion is not allowed. The previous threads had been placed into a hidden section for the Nexon staff to review; they were not deleted.

Please contact Support to report any in game abuse. I know it sucks. I hate it too. Unfortunately, the forum is not the place to report in game abuse, plus the topic becomes to heated.

You're welcome to contact me or the other VFMs through the PM feature if need be, though I'm not sure of much help we can be on the issue.
    VeylaineIyasenuLeinei
This discussion has been closed.