Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thoughts On G21? (Content And Story)

Comments

• WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited June 30, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    It's pretty clear that Talvish isn't a good guy at this point (or he's not entirely honest with his actions at the least). Which is a shame because I do like him.

What makes you think that Talvish isn't a good guy? The guy has saved our butts multiple times. I have nothing but respect for him. If Talvish was a bad guy he wouldn't have saved us in G20 or G21. He's just a bit of an enigma, but he's perfectly reasonable.

I think talvish is the BBEG because he's never actually there when we need him, but he's always there juuuuuust before things go too far. He's a higher rank than the other knights (or at least the leader) but sometimes it feels like he knows a little too much. I feel as if he's acting based on a script, not who he actually is. Or maybe that really is his personality and he thinks he's doing the right thing but isn't. He seems very determined to keep us alive, but as we know the power of a millitian is needed for a whole lotta stuff, including old rituals so we may just be an irreplaceable chess piece and by saving us we trust him.

Yeah....
    And how Talvish coincidentally happen to come across you stuck in the crystal. And how the Elder suggested maybe the crystal had been tampered with, right before the Elder was suddenly cut off from communicating with you (with TALVISH right THERE). And how he says that the prayer didn't work for getting you out of the crystal, but since you never see him attempt the prayer it's impossible to know if he's telling the truth or not. I felt like this was really fishy, and the most suspicious thing he did in this gen.
  • RoyRedRoyRed
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,140
    edited June 30, 2018
    Since G21 part 2 is gonna be out next month,what I experience at G21 part 1 is I slap Altam in the face for calling himself mentally powerless&self threatening person even I am a male person who will bring back someone to there senses like "Get over yourself Altam!"then after I slap him I make the serious look telling him that "Mistakes happen&I forgive for your actions."the reason I slap him cuz,I am not a big fan of depressing stuff&it could affect on me so,I use Shield of Trust skill to have faith of himself again,for Avelin when she about to use Judgement Blade to end herself about that she can't save her brother from that succubus's lightning strikes when her brother is on the ground defenseless&the succubus's reason of her action that is Avelin's fault to become a Alban Knight then,I stop her of her skill when I use my Shield of Trust skill&Avelin can now shed tears to press forward,what I learn of that story is very enjoyable&I can't wait until to be the Super Milletian God next month.I give 5 stars of G21 part 1!
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    It's pretty clear that Talvish isn't a good guy at this point (or he's not entirely honest with his actions at the least). Which is a shame because I do like him.

What makes you think that Talvish isn't a good guy? The guy has saved our butts multiple times. I have nothing but respect for him. If Talvish was a bad guy he wouldn't have saved us in G20 or G21. He's just a bit of an enigma, but he's perfectly reasonable.

I think talvish is the BBEG because he's never actually there when we need him, but he's always there juuuuuust before things go too far. He's a higher rank than the other knights (or at least the leader) but sometimes it feels like he knows a little too much. I feel as if he's acting based on a script, not who he actually is. Or maybe that really is his personality and he thinks he's doing the right thing but isn't. He seems very determined to keep us alive, but as we know the power of a millitian is needed for a whole lotta stuff, including old rituals so we may just be an irreplaceable chess piece and by saving us we trust him.

Yeah....
    And how Talvish coincidentally happen to come across you stuck in the crystal. And how the Elder suggested maybe the crystal had been tampered with, right before the Elder was suddenly cut off from communicating with you (with TALVISH right THERE). And how he says that the prayer didn't work for getting you out of the crystal, but since you never see him attempt the prayer it's impossible to know if he's telling the truth or not. I felt like this was really fishy, and the most suspicious thing he did in this gen.

So the micro site kinda spoils it now, but
    called it, even since end of g19 I thought he was a little bit too perfect. Almost in an unsettling way.
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    In other news, I couldn't defeat the final boss on my first try, but it wasn't because I died or anything.

It's because Hasidim thought it would be cool to get himself stuck in one of the ruin pillars.

Which apparently is the secret to the paradise of Avalon in that it renders you immortal. I couldn't attack him at all.

#HasidimIsACheater

Now I know why there are ghosts around. They, too, must have stuck their bodies into the pillars.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    In other news, I couldn't defeat the final boss on my first try, but it wasn't because I died or anything.

It's because Hasidim thought it would be cool to get himself stuck in one of the ruin pillars.

Which apparently is the secret to the paradise of Avalon in that it renders you immortal. I couldn't attack him at all.

#HasidimIsACheater

Now I know why there are ghosts around. They, too, must have stuck their bodies into the pillars.

This bears reminiscent to the Human Pillars in Japan, where remains were interned inside them, as well as living individuals.

de8lzui.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=640

Well, now I am chilled to the bones. :p
    WolfandWolf
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf

#HasidimIsACheater

This bears reminiscent to the Human Pillars in Japan, where remains were interned inside them, as well as living individuals.

That....is really rather creepy...Are those....Are those the names of the people carved in the sides...? O_O

#HasidimIsACheater

That....is really rather creepy...Are those....Are those the names of the people carved in the sides...? O_O

Let me attempt translate the characters.

The one in uppermost front is " Shibata Katsutoyo". The one behind it translates to....

*Squints Eyes*

Wolf...AndWolf?

Well shi- :p
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited July 2, 2018

The one in uppermost front is " Shibata Katsutoyo". The one behind it translates to....

*Squints Eyes*

Wolf...AndWolf?

Darn, my secret has been found. Now the whole world knows I'm secretly a ghost.

Quick question completely unrelated to the topic, Bliss:

Do you like being haunted? ~ <3
  • RukiasakuraRukiasakura
    Mabinogi Rep: 520

#HasidimIsACheater

*Squints Eyes*

Wolf...AndWolf?

Hate to break it to you guys but...
    "Each of the torii at Fushimi Inari Taisha has been donated by a Japanese business." No ghosts involved. :p

Anyways, yeah, Hasidim is horrible to battle against when he gets stuck in a pillar. XD
    WolfandWolf
    Darn, my secret has been found. Now the whole world knows I'm secretly a ghost.

Quick question completely unrelated to the topic, Bliss:

Do you like being haunted? ~ <3

Only by apparitions as cute as you. ;)
  • rjk10123rjk10123
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    Nexon needs to get themselves together and fix g21 part 2 face to face quest, its impossible to beat and they need to nerf the enemies or something because I can already say there will be A LOT more people complaining about this in the future if it dosent get fixed..
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    rjk10123 wrote: »
    Nexon needs to get themselves together and fix g21 part 2 face to face quest, its impossible to beat and they need to nerf the enemies or something because I can already say there will be A LOT more people complaining about this in the future if it dosent get fixed..

Yeah, I'm stuck on Face to Face. The thing with Creag was nuts too (unless you're Elf, you need speed boost) as the circle Creag summons isn't actually the true range, it's just beyond the circle.
    rjk10123
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    All I can say is, Gdi Merlin.

qO27EMH.jpg
    IyasenuKingofrunesSollChizuki
  • rjk10123rjk10123
    Mabinogi Rep: 890
    edited July 12, 2018
    Hopefully it will get fixed soon -_-
  • animegeekanimegeek
    Mabinogi Rep: 450
    I hate part 2 already. I can't beat the 2nd mission at all. The boss keeps spamming underground attacks and leaves literally no way for me to attack her, her attacks nearly 1 shot me as well. I say they made this too difficult and I am giving up. Have fun!
  • LeineiLeinei
    The thing that gets me is that there's no hint to it. I tried to do Shadow Spirit thinking that might do something, but nothing.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I'm currently stuck on trying to keep a certain someone alive during a mission.

Here's what I did to make it past certain missions:

Tagar - Use as much armor/prot items as you can and use defense whenever she tunnels to you. Depending on how strong you are, I took about 100 or so dmg per port which I could just cloud spam for the most part to heal up from.

Creag - I used March Song and Shield of Trust with Guarded Footsteps subskill rank 11 as a Human. I made it to the end dandily within two or three circles.

Doppels - FH and spam A LOT of HP pots... Idk how you're supposed to beat this design wise other than brute forcing it. Which is just plain dumb for now.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Imaizumi wrote: »
    I'm currently stuck on trying to keep a certain someone alive during a mission.

Here's what I did to make it past certain missions:

Tagar - Use as much armor/prot items as you can and use defense whenever she tunnels to you. Depending on how strong you are, I took about 100 or so dmg per port which I could just cloud spam for the most part to heal up from.

Creag - I used March Song and Shield of Trust with Guarded Footsteps subskill rank 11 as a Human. I made it to the end dandily within two or three circles.

Doppels - FH and spam A LOT of HP pots... Idk how you're supposed to beat this design wise other than brute forcing it. Which is just plain dumb for now.

THANK YOU! Regarding the dopples part, that is crazy hard. Creag you should be able to beat with Speed Walk Pots I think.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Dopple took me 11 mins to beat, wasted 5 dura of my chains on it, that is one tanky boss for a solo battle
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited July 12, 2018
    Regarding G21 Part 2, I'm not done with all of it as it's particularly infuriating, but I have to say it. There is an RP battle that I love in it. Good work, Dev Team. It's difficult, but it fits beautifully.