Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

you can cheese Tagar with hydra

3rdy3rdy
Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
edited July 12, 2018 in Help

HAIL HYDRA!

you can lure her out of the ruins and away from the other npc's and then get away from her. when you come back she shouldent aggro you anymore and you can just hydra her to death

:P
pawcalypseRayka

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Hit the pillar with the red circle around its base, but with her near it. That debuffs her.
    CrimsọntreasurehuntyImaizumipawcalypseSeddie
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I just wish the boss hurt a bit less.

It made me feel rushed when I kept getting hit for hundreds of damage while figuring out what constituted as "close enough" to the collapsing pillars to bring Tagar down.

Thank goodness when I just caved and made use of Anchor Rush's invulnerability frames.

Heh, though I didn't win without first getting a mission failed due to running out of pillars. :p
  • CiriCiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    RIP no hydra tho someone told me that using defense with a shield helps mitigate most of her damage with her aoe so it makes bating her under the pillar easier. Haven't tried it since I'm not a warrior, I used hit-n-run tactic with my pet on her.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE! She has little to no injury rate. Makes the fight easier than Hasadim's.
    Imaizumi
  • DonPatchDonPatch
    Mabinogi Rep: 850
    Damn, it only took like 2 pillars for me to bash her face in without any problems. hella people struggling for some reason. rip.
    Neroy
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    Ciri wrote: »
    RIP no hydra tho someone told me that using defense with a shield helps mitigate most of her damage with her aoe so it makes bating her under the pillar easier. Haven't tried it since I'm not a warrior, I used hit-n-run tactic with my pet on her.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE! She has little to no injury rate. Makes the fight easier than Hasadim's.

If you're a giant and have Vales Shield it reduces all damage to 1 and none of her attacks will knock you out of defense. Since all of her moves telegraph it's not hard to read her and quickly throw up your defense.
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    yeah this wasnt that hard for me once i looked around and saw the red circle
    LeineiCrimsọn
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Neroy wrote: »

That part confused me "Drop the pillar on it" No no, not that pillar just THIS pillar here.
    LeineiPolicroma
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

That part confused me "Drop the pillar on it" No no, not that pillar just THIS pillar here.

dude ik xD i was hitting 1 pillar for 5min like what going on here until i moved the camera for better vision and i saw the red circle and was just like Oooooohhhhhhhh
    Leinei
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    i cant even seem to get her to be hit by the piller no matter what D:
    Jazmyn
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

dude ik xD i was hitting 1 pillar for 5min like what going on here until i moved the camera for better vision and i saw the red circle and was just like Oooooohhhhhhhh

glad I'm not the only one. first time I was like, why doesn't it drop? then (after I died) I moved the camera and saw the red circle
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    3rdy wrote: »

HAIL HYDRA!

you can lure her out of the ruins and away from the other npc's and then get away from her. when you come back she shouldent aggro you anymore and you can just hydra her to death

:P

did you drop a piller on her before hand? because i couldnt get your metord to work
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    My way of getting a pillar on her was standing on one side before she went underground and then going to the other side of the pillar. Timed right she should go where you were previously standing leaving her open for dropping a pillar on her.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    it was fairly easy to get Tagar near the pillars, after that I just kept my distance and spammed final hit. a nimbus mount can easily outrun that boss then you can rest all you want. demigod and mana shield also help reduce the damage you take.
  • Atheist42Atheist42
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,680
    Leinei wrote: »
    Hit the pillar with the red circle around its base, but with her near it. That debuffs her.

OK. Dropped the pillar on her. Did some serious damage for a couple of minutes. But now attacks have reverted to only doing 1 damage and she's still at 60% health. No further pillars are getting the red circle around them and I can't topple any more pillars. Do we only get one short period of lower defence? The only things doing more than 1 damage are hydra and life drain, and they are slow work.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited July 13, 2018
    The problem I had with the pillar was the timing. I couldn't figure it out for the longest time. The slightest displacement is enough to make the pillar do nothing. If you have a laggy connection it's even worse.

That was the real problem with this fight imo. As a human though, yes the damage hurt a lot, and I just bum rushed it and go through via brute force and my army of full restores, and a few naos.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 13, 2018
    I was running and hitting pillars like a dummy. After destroying 6 or so pillars i realized that something is not right and then i realized that you actually need to lure her on them LOL.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Greta wrote: »
    I was running and hitting pillars like a dummy. After destroying 6 or so pillars i realized that something is not right and then i realized that you actually need to lure her on them LOL.

You know what the biggest pain about the luring is. She kept focusing her attention on the knights instead. I was like oh come on, follow me, ignore the stupid knights. What are you doing, you stupid knights, can you at least try and head in the direction of the correct pillar. For the love of god....

Half the mission I was screaming at the knights, the other half I was screaming as I saw from my angle that she was in the red circle but the game was all, you didn't do it at the right time so nope, that didn't count.

*flips table*
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

You know what the biggest pain about the luring is. She kept focusing her attention on the knights instead. I was like oh come on, follow me, ignore the stupid knights. What are you doing, you stupid knights, can you at least try and head in the direction of the correct pillar. For the love of god....

Half the mission I was screaming at the knights, the other half I was screaming as I saw from my angle that she was in the red circle but the game was all, you didn't do it at the right time so nope, that didn't count.

*flips table*

Oh i guess i was lucky then. She really was after me, i would poke her once with something like Smash and she would keep following me with her ridiculous teleport. After i realized what i need to do, i completed it within minute lol. Was expecting her to have bigger HP, but nah few FH hits killed her, the only problem was her damage and teleporting.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes

*flips table*

Oh i guess i was lucky then. She really was after me, i would poke her once with something like Smash and she would keep following me with her ridiculous teleport. After i realized what i need to do, i completed it within minute lol. Was expecting her to have bigger HP, but nah few FH hits killed her, the only problem was her damage and teleporting.

Problem is I don't have any good 1 handers so final hit isn't a good option for me. It was a slow process of using chain skills and dual guns. Then activating demi god and trans cause I was getting so annoyed with taking lots of damage and not making much of a dent.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 13, 2018
    I was going to ask for a nerf, but then I realized we were fighting some lady named Tagar, and not Mike Haggar from Street Fighter. Boy, would that have ended in a butt kicking for me. :(
    Problem is I don't have any good 1 handers so final hit isn't a good option for me. It was a slow process of using chain skills and dual guns. Then activating demi god and trans cause I was getting so annoyed with taking lots of damage and not making much of a dent.

Chain seems to work consistently well, and I imagine a bow and arrow would too.