Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

is there a way to block forum members?

KedaruiKedarui
Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
edited July 12, 2018 in Town Square
i'm not going to name names, but i keep seeing this person in a multitude of threads and they're just so snarky and kind of rude for no reason so i'm getting anxious just by seeing them. is there any way to block forum members so i don't see their replies/posts? i'm to the point where i don't want to come to the forums anymore because this persons presence is enough to make me uncomfortable and nervous. also i'm very sorry if this is in the wrong section, i'm not really accustomed to making threads.
MizukiHayamaGreta

Comments

• ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    This is probably the wrong section, I think it'd be under help to be honest. But I doubt anyone minds too much.

To answer your question, not that I know of. If there is, it might require the mods to flip on a hidden blacklist or something. Personally all I can suggest is asking yourself "am I enjoying it here outside of this certain individual?". If you really enjoy posting, or even just lurking, and the one person's posts are just a rotten egg in the middle of every conversation, then you'll have to endure it for the sake of the site. If you kinda just enjoy checking up on this place once in awile, and when you do check in its "oh god there they are again, nothings changed x_x", then I'd suggest just finding an alternate place for mabi information.

There are multiple discords devoted to mabi and their servers that are fun to hang out in, and if you're in a guild, your guild leader might have a discord set up. Mine does, and I check it for information and game talk. Guild chat itself might be a better place where you can cultivate a positive environment around you as well. But thank you for making the forums a cleaner place and not just lashing out at said individual every time they post, or trying to shame them. Good luck o/
    Greta
  • KedaruiKedarui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,860
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »
    This is probably the wrong section, I think it'd be under help to be honest. But I doubt anyone minds too much.

To answer your question, not that I know of. If there is, it might require the mods to flip on a hidden blacklist or something. Personally all I can suggest is asking yourself "am I enjoying it here outside of this certain individual?". If you really enjoy posting, or even just lurking, and the one person's posts are just a rotten egg in the middle of every conversation, then you'll have to endure it for the sake of the site. If you kinda just enjoy checking up on this place once in awile, and when you do check in its "oh god there they are again, nothings changed x_x", then I'd suggest just finding an alternate place for mabi information.

There are multiple discords devoted to mabi and their servers that are fun to hang out in, and if you're in a guild, your guild leader might have a discord set up. Mine does, and I check it for information and game talk. Guild chat itself might be a better place where you can cultivate a positive environment around you as well. But thank you for making the forums a cleaner place and not just lashing out at said individual every time they post, or trying to shame them. Good luck o/

thank you for the reply!! i see ;;... well that sucks. i really like it here but they're literally in every post trying to start some type of fight and they're always talking about how edgy everyone is while they themselves are being edgy. they're just so rude and annoying, i don't know how they haven't been banned.

well... considering i'm my own guild leader i don't think that option would work, aha. i'm in a few mabi discord servers but i don't really look in them cuz the conversation topics aren't interesting and are very rarely mabinogi related, which is why i always just come here. i'm not a very confrontational person, so even if i wanted to i wouldn't go and yell at the person in question, i'd rather just vague them in a forum post lol ^^;; thank you again though, i hope either they just stop being a jerk or i learn to put up with it.
    MizukiHayamaZephyrmaruGreta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    A way to block others in forums? Would be nice, but i don't think that we will ever get such feature. We can't even get Custom Avatars for some reason...
    Just look at Discord. You can block people in there, but it's still awkward seeing blocked messages in a server you are in and you are already aware that a blocked person is still there and you can even READ what they are saying by opening blocked message. It's so annoying and unfinished in my opinion.
  • ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    One thing you can do is try to stick to/create threads that are mostly positive. Town Square is generally comfy, and non political. If said person trolls your thread/the threads you are in, then they're highlighted because the thread was meant to be positive to begin with and there's a slightly higher chance they'll be reprimanded/punished.

I cant speak for everyone, but if you begin a thread with "trying to have a peaceful conversation, no arguing/rude comments", I'll at least promise I won't go full Phoenix Wright/Edgeworth mode in it and make it rude. XD
    Greta
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    This section is totally fine for forum-related questions. While there doesn’t seem to be an ignore function, if you feel that a post is crossing the line, you can report it.
    ShoogGretaKedarui
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    Back then people just had to deal with it, nowadays if someone doesn't like a certain someone, they rant and rage requesting to block them. The fact is, you can't hide from it so get over it.
    Greta
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    i wish, there's this one particular pest that keeps following my posts around to call me names, instead of contributing to threads and the mods don't do anything about it, i could really do without seeing his posts
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 15, 2018
    I really start to think that this thread shouldn't exist in the first place, because it's literally turning into some kind of inflammatory, hate and even slandering comments towards players that are getting mentioned here. Pretty sure half of people who read this thread already figured it out what is OP talking about after a certain sentence that was mentioned there. This is not nice and if you want to talk about forum-related questions then you should focus on that topic without even trying to talk about a person that you are holding a silly grudge on.

@Shoog @Aquasol I don't know if you guys have noticed that or not, but it would be a good idea to edit out these texts which are giving the description of a person they are having a grudge at. It's unnecessary and very rude. People can easily discuss this matter without trying to talk about people they don't like in these forums. Thanks for understanding.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 15, 2018
    I don’t think any names or clear descriptions have been posted here, however the question posted by OP is a valid one.

Now, since the question has been answered and there no other real directionto go, I will close it. Any further questions or concerns can be relegated to PMs.
    JazmynKedarui
This discussion has been closed.