Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Merlin, Please.

Comments

• TeasesTeases
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,630
    Blankeye wrote: »
    Petition to give Treasure Hunter a darn name >.>

I want Treasure Hunter's real name to just be 'Hunter'. It would be priceless.

G R O A N S.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    I pretty much hate all the aces.... except culinary artist I guess. all he ever does is ask me to get food for him when he has a cart full of it, but at least he's not intolerably annoying like some of the others and he makes me chocolate steak. Professor J is ok too since I guess he does basically nothing. ever....
    fennixfox
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Arjune wrote: »
    I pretty much hate all the aces.... except culinary artist I guess. all he ever does is ask me to get food for him when he has a cart full of it, but at least he's not intolerably annoying like some of the others and he makes me chocolate steak. Professor J is ok too since I guess he does basically nothing. ever....

the problem I had is in saga 2 I actually felt like I was baby sitting a group of morons, hey people we're dealing with the world potentially ending, can you stop trying to steal ancient artifacts? And merlin take it seriously for a second, again the world could be ending *although he does later on, so it's not too bad. Starlet you're supposed to have healing magic and can't even save a hurt dog why are you here again? Culinary artist just flies around in his truck while the world around him is on fire and baby sits the guy who tried to summon an ancient god (albeit poorly because they lose him). It's just a mess.

Although I personally dislike altam he's not bad, and at least he has character. Really wish
    Talvish
    just smited him for suggesting he takes relics from a divine sanctuary of a god.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited July 14, 2018
    I knew he got lucky with the player that night
    I adored Merlin's role in this generation. He has grown up and became abit more mature since Saga 2. He clearly genuinely cares alot about the player. He completely grew on me this generation and shot himself up to number one NPC for me <3. I really hope him (and the other Aces) come back again. I love Merlin ;_; It warmed my heart with how much he cares.
    fennixfox
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 14, 2018
    He still seemed like a clown of G21 for me. He's so out of place lol.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »

the problem I had is in saga 2 I actually felt like I was baby sitting a group of morons, hey people we're dealing with the world potentially ending, can you stop trying to steal ancient artifacts? And merlin take it seriously for a second, again the world could be ending *although he does later on, so it's not too bad. Starlet you're supposed to have healing magic and can't even save a hurt dog why are you here again? Culinary artist just flies around in his truck while the world around him is on fire and baby sits the guy who tried to summon an ancient god (albeit poorly because they lose him). It's just a mess.

Although I personally dislike altam he's not bad, and at least he has character. Really wish
    Talvish
    just smited him for suggesting he takes relics from a divine sanctuary of a god.

Lol I said the same thing about them potentially smiting Treasure Hunter on the first page. XD

Glad to know I'm not alone in that mindset.
    Hellkaizer
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited July 14, 2018
    wrong thread
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Trythis wrote: »
    wrong thread

Huh?
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    TNinja wrote: »
    Trythis wrote: »
    wrong thread

Huh?

I'm guessing their un-edited post was in the wrong thread, so they edited it to say "wrong thread"? :)
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited July 14, 2018
    Wrong thread again kill me
  • LongSlyLongSly
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Merlin hurts me mentally... TH is a lesser extent (he's like a wannabe Lora Croft or something!)
    Gretafennixfox
  • HaruHime20HaruHime20
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    edited July 16, 2018
    I did not like that text at all

Wow I can finally post. Okay I did not like this text at all because it implies that my character bedded with Merlin which is wrong on so many levels because Merlin is the worst of all the aces. But whats worst is the game didnt take into consideration that SOME PEOPLE don't like guys. Uh I am female who likes females but my character was forced to bed a male, why not a female? I would like liked that choice.

It could have been like this:
    Meet The aces in Iria, they have to talk to you
    So you go there and you have a choice as to what ace you go talk to in the tent. Or you can choose the option to talk with everyone.
    Then everyone talks about the knights and whats going on.
    That makes it so much better

Why did we have to go into the tent alone anyway? Why not two people go with you. And WHY MERLIN Of all the aces. Merlin isn't even attractive looking....
    (Yes I can like girls and STILL know what is attractive or not)
    Merlin doesn't even have a good personality. He shouldn't have been in the gen. They could have included the other aces as well. I LOVE this gen I really really do, But why couldn't we have had the choice of who the spend the night in the tent with? Thats my only only issue with the gen.
    fennixfox
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    salt
    Aigis
  • KattheAzureDragonKattheAzureDragon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Haruhime20 it astounds me that you failed to grasp what the situation really was. Merlin's whole intention at inviting to that tent was to mine you for information on the current state of affairs not to "bed" you. But clearly a topic like a secret order of knights that serve Aton Cimeni can't be talked about in Dunby square. Hence he used the romantic excuse to not raise any question from his peers or onlookers. He was teasing Treasure Hunter on this event he clearly wasn't going to say real reason as that would defeat the purpose of keeping it secret. He might have also enjoyed messing with Treasure Hunter that way as well as a form of revenge from the constant bullying.

Now as to why your idea of having them all get involved wouldn't work it is quite simple, none of the other Aces even know the Knights exist. Merlin is involved because he met Talvish in the past due to his bunny experiment and so he is actually involved in the plot. Having the others would be pointless as I am sure they have other things to do, and honestly the Knight Illuminati is probably a joke to them.

tl;dr You never had intimate relations with Merlin, and the decision to include him on the story was deliberate regardless of "looks."
    TweliefennixfoxAigis
  • Karin_TaoriKarin_Taori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    I'm just waiting for TH to find out the artifact he stole was cursed by Aton Cimeni or 'his sword' for his thievery and that now not only does he have terrible luck or something but he can't get rid of the darn thing until he brings it back.

But I like to dream...
    fennixfox
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    I'm just waiting for TH to find out the artifact he stole was cursed by Aton Cimeni or 'his sword' for his thievery and that now not only does he have terrible luck or something but he can't get rid of the darn thing until he brings it back.

But I like to dream...

I'd just like it if the knights beheaded him for stealing from their sacred grounds.

Hell, I'd like to do it myself.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    Haruhime20 it astounds me that you failed to grasp what the situation really was. Merlin's whole intention at inviting to that tent was to mine you for information on the current state of affairs not to "bed" you. But clearly a topic like a secret order of knights that serve Aton Cimeni can't be talked about in Dunby square. Hence he used the romantic excuse to not raise any question from his peers or onlookers. He was teasing Treasure Hunter on this event he clearly wasn't going to say real reason as that would defeat the purpose of keeping it secret. He might have also enjoyed messing with Treasure Hunter that way as well as a form of revenge from the constant bullying.

Now as to why your idea of having them all get involved wouldn't work it is quite simple, none of the other Aces even know the Knights exist. Merlin is involved because he met Talvish in the past due to his bunny experiment and so he is actually involved in the plot. Having the others would be pointless as I am sure they have other things to do, and honestly the Knight Illuminati is probably a joke to them.

tl;dr You never had intimate relations with Merlin, and the decision to include him on the story was deliberate regardless of "looks."

I actually like the inclusion of Merlin in this gen. Merlin serves as a foil and an outside force to the Knights. Remember this, the Knights stood by while you were being sacrificed to summon out worldly gods because they could not dispute Talvish's argument of his actions being the will of Aton. Merlin, an outsider, who does not know the significance of such an argument is the force that pushes enough doubt and discontent within Altam to make him take action. This ultimately proves that Talvish's actions were not the will of Aton and these events lead him to realize that fact.

Merlin is powerful enough to stand toe to toe with the Knights, he has knowledge of ancient history, and he's revealed to have met Talvish at a younger age. At the same time his personality makes him a raving madman so the Knights are more confused and baffled then anything, except one thing, Altam shares a bit of a kindred spirit in Merlin. So Merlin's inclusion into the story is used to drive some of the characters to break their own molds.
    violetkittKattheAzureDragonLialinfennixfox
  • HaruHime20HaruHime20
    Mabinogi Rep: 205

No, I know that the idiot Merlin was sadly important to the Story. I'm just saying that they picked the wrong character. The game didn't appeal to the entire player base. There is hundreads of NPC's but they settled for the least important, least wanted character. Maybe if Merlin didn't act like he is 13 and seeing a girl for the first time, his character would be better, but I swear the whole time it seemed like he was hitting on my character.

And if there was never any intimate relations with Merlin, why would he act like there was? Why say anything at all. It was uncomfortable because it wasn't a girl saying Jokes like that. I just don't like Merlin, and I don't know anyone who does!
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

r/whoosh? I very highly doubt anyone really thought merlin was trying to get into their pants.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    LOL....