Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Most Desired Revamp Poll

Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
edited April 4, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hey guys, welcome to yet another year of lackluster old features that still need improvements and no word whatsoever from Nexon itself!
Which of these topics do you want to hear the GMs speak with the NA and KR dev teams about on a Twitch Stream the most?
#CommunityGoals are at the very least a total of 200 votes.

Notes

Please read before posting in the comments section, there's a chance that a topic(s) you wanted was summarized into one description.
-Dressing Room=Save Face Feature, Crappy Old Character models and Beauty Coupon Discussion, Possible Coupons to Pons options, Possible old premium models to free models until Tir NPC revamp quality, Possible Coupon as an alternative to buying a Pon option without having to spend Pon, Additional Slots Discussion, Removal of Hair Dye Sales and implementation of those colors into the Dressing Room for Pons or Free Options
-Unisex Items= Addition of more unisex set options for those who wish to rebirth by genderbend more ease of access on a low budget ($10 on average), Possible addition of Unisex reskinned versions of old popular sets
-Main Inventory System= Discussion of possible remodel of the UI, transferring all the style options into the main tab, Discussion of bag exclusive tabs, Discussion of an additional tab as an alternative to players without the VIP service while giving VIP service two additional tabs
-Cash Shop Remodel= Everything from modernizing Mabinogi's Cash Shop, option to gift an item to a player directly from the cash shop, and removing junk items from gachapons while placing those items directly in the Cash Shop for purchase at a low price in bundles, discussion of the return of new and favorite outfit sets as a permanent Cash Shop Outfit Set Bag Lineup
-Homestead Housing= Homestead Interior, similar to the VIP housing but as an alternative to free players to decorate their own house on the inside. A topic widely discussed for well over 3 years, and something that widely confuses new players for having a Homestead House as just a decoration.
-VIP Housing= you can find discussion of why this revamp is needed in NA from other forums, and just look at the dead fanbase, the inactive guilds, the lack of houses on auction, the lack of houses built, and the lowered amount of VIP Service purchases as a result. It's very clear that the VIP Service needs drastic changes as well.
-VIP Service Change Discussion= Everything from VIP housing changes to the Advanced Service Items, these are the changes that players want to see to make supporting Mabinogi through VIP service feel like an actual VIP Service rather than a Very Important Flop. Additional VIP service tabs can be discussed, however I would prefer that be discussed with the Main Inventory System.

Comment Separation Links
Server Merge Poll (New!)
This is a new Server Merge Poll based off an old one that was deleted due to unforeseen circumstances. Please check it out here.
Opinions of Skill Uncapping:
Also, visit this Poll if you would like to discuss your opinions of uncapping skills.
Opinions on Unisex Items
Please post any rants, raves, or requests for Unisex items here.
Heated Opinions on Race Balancing Based On Lore (Heated Debate Ahead!)
I will not accept the Statistical Debate Forum Regarding Race Imbalance to be filled with lore opinions, so this thread was created not to gather statistical data, but the opinions from a lore perspective.
Probability Of A Racial Rebirth System Discussion
Before commenting into the current thread about how much work or tech it would take to make such a system possible, please post here instead. Thanks.

Recommended Comment Separation Links
The Beauty Coupon Poll
To improve our conversation with the Devs about the topic of Beauty Coupons, make sure to post your opinions in this separate poll.
Appearance Summary Thread Of Links
Please check here before posting any new feedback for appearances, and take the discussions to this thread. I was not the OP, so the links may not be as up to date as you might wish them to be.
Old Skills Revamp
To improve our discussion over the Old Skills Revamp with the devs and figure out as a community what type of a skill change is needed the most, please make sure to leave your comments in this separate poll. It will also show us which of the Old Skills are in most demand of a Revamp.
Master Titles For Uncapped Old Skills Discussion Thread
Please place any discussions on Master Titles for old and uncapped skills here to better improve localization and discussion with the KR dev team.
VIP Service Improvement Discussion
To further discuss the ways that the VIP Service can be improved upon to make it a more marketable and appealing product, please post here.
VIP And Homestead Housing Discussion
post here in order to discuss ways for VIP Housing to be improved, as well as ways Homestead Housing can become a new improvement in Mabinogi.
Link to Race Statistics and Calculations of Imbalance:
*Please post all Racial Balancing rants and raves here instead of in the Most Desired Revamp Poll forum, it'll free up some space to answer any questions.
All Racial Marriage Banter
Please post any rants, raves, and opinions on letting other races marry into this thread please. Thank you.
Discussions on How To Improve Current Features:
-Partners
-Pets
-Spirit Weapons

Did you pick Something Else?
Wanted to discuss the Engine Mabinogi runs on. Click Me
The NA Community's Desire For Staff Change
If you wanted to talk about getting the Staff More Active In the NA Community, check here instead.
The Note System
Perhaps you just wanted a subtle change in the Note System, discuss that here.
SherriGoldtiger01
  1. Which Revamp do you want the Devs to see from the player suggestions the most?137 votes
    1. All Racial Marriage and Race Rebirth System with Race Balancing
       15% (20 votes)
    2. VIP and Homestead Housing with VIP Service Change Discussion
       9% (12 votes)
    3. Partners, Pets, and Spirit Weapons
       7% (10 votes)
    4. Dressing Room and Unisex Items + Fanart Contest Announcement/Fanart Showcase
       7% (9 votes)
    5. Server Population and Solutions
       16% (22 votes)
    6. Old Skills, New Skill Caps, and New Master Titles
       9% (13 votes)
    7. Cash Shop Remodel and Possible Gachapon Replacement Discussion
       1% (2 votes)
    8. Reforge and Upgrade System
       2% (3 votes)
    9. The Main Inventory System: Additional Tabs and Loss of Style Tab Discussion
       1% (2 votes)
    10. Suprise Us with new mysterious Concept Art
       0% (0 votes)
    11. All of the above
       26% (35 votes)
    12. None of the above, they'd never get on a Twitch stream.
       1% (2 votes)
    13. Something Else... (Post Below)
       5% (7 votes)

Comments

• LiyenLiyen
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    Uncap everything so I can finally master all skills.
    Darkpixie99MeySylviaWolfeGoldtiger01
  • CaileanCailean
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Reforge.
  • NeynaNeyna
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,140
    edited January 6, 2017
    Hopefully they buff fighter (make Drop Kick splash range bigger or bring in new fighter skills- more aoe) or at least lower the CD so it can be more useful in missions. :c
    KagaHiroki05
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    KR is supposedly working on revamping spirit weapons already. When they will release information and have it for testing is another story. It's a long sit and wait game period for a lot of things.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    I've never really thought of reforges as a code red needs to be revamped within 2019 type of thing, but maybe they could be revamped next year just to switch things up. Eh, the supposed spirit weapon revamp was talked about years ago on the forums too, but it's still just a rumor with no photos, no proof sort of deal.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Darkpixie99

I've never really thought of reforges as a code red needs to be revamped within 2019 type of thing, but maybe they could be revamped next year just to switch things up. Eh, the supposed spirit weapon revamp was talked about years ago on the forums too, but it's still just a rumor with no photos, no proof sort of deal.
    Actually when the new developers came in, it's one of the things they said they were looking at to see what can be done. wish I had a link to that interview they did where they mention it.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited April 6, 2017
    Oh, and in case you're confused about the Dressing Room Revamp, it'll cover everything about the Save Face feature, discussions about Beauty Coupons, and the hideous old styles that still remain costing Pons despite not receiving the same revamp as the Tir NPCs. Obviously we can beg the devs to add Beauty Coupons as a permanent Cash Shop item until we receive word on the Save Face feature. The unisex items topic was for those who desire more Unisex items to wear as an ease of utilizing the rebirth system to genderbend on a low budget. We might be able to ask them about making new reskinned versions of old and popular sets and having them sold on the Cash Shop as the first stand alone items since rebirth costume sets. Although it might end up in the form of a costume bag containing the set, rather than in the form of something new and modernized such as directly purchasing a costume item in a Cash Shop.

*edit*
    I just realized that I left out the topic of Gachapons. It's something that goes with a Cash Shop remodel discussion topic, maybe I should redo the poll?

Okay, I have added a few more options to the poll, as there's far more that needs to be done to regain Mabinogi's position as a modern MMO. Please make sure to recast your votes.
    Kaga
  • MeyMey
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    edited January 10, 2017
    I want the option to wear a wig/headgear + glasses pls

I mean, they made a new slot for tails, so what's stopping them from making separate slots for headgear/wigs and face gear? ; ;
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 10, 2017
    @Mey That kinda goes into the main inventory topic, as most players want additional features to add into the VIP Style Tab while others want it removed altogether. The lack of slots in the main inventory that the style tab has is the cause of both sides of the same coin, and until we discuss this with the Devs, we will never know if Wigs can receive a separate slot of their own. It may come down to the 'They're programmed in as headgear, and it's just not possible with the current technology behind Mabinogi' lame sentence we all dread and pray not to hear. If it is possible, we may have to wait for all headgear to be reclassified as either face accessories, wigs, or headgear. There may be limitations to this as well, such as unable to wear a wig with face accessory if you equip a hat.
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    edited January 12, 2017
    all of the above :V keeping player bases happy is always nice, even if it's not necessarily stuff I want
    SylviaWolfe
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    @minitiel

I agree, all of the above :D
    Crimsọn
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    How come there's no Advanced Play Service (Premium Pack) revamp :x
    Let us select these Adv Play Items as KR server instead of just getting bunch of remote coupons from random roll.
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    Remove reforges (no more premium absurd doubling damage/range upgrades). Remove Advanced Heavy Stander, instant-aggro, multi-aggro, two-hit-kill monsters. Fix Belvast's all-negative-commerce-items. Remove or update Guild Halls. Give us the last third of the Belvast Island. Update the Iria dungeons. Make exploration quests worth it. Remove the massive horde of monsters that appear with the raid bosses, the game client can't handle it and needing to reduce graphical settings to a minimum and removing name tags and chat for a somewhat tolerable slideshow is not acceptable.
    -breathes-
    Can we go back to "fight smarter, not harder" game content?
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 16, 2017
    Best reforge revamp = remove all reforges from the items and they are no longer obtainable from the cash shop. Would be best thing to ever happen on Mabinogi. Oh and also server merge maybe? Because i bet all reforge gamblers will rage quit the game so we will be forced to merge servers lol.
    Aeolys
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited April 6, 2017
    @Ellisya I believe Advanced service would go along with VIP Service Change Discussion, as it is a part of VIP Service.

@Greta I'm not sure how players would feel losing the gold and real money they invested in extra cooldowns and small stat boosts, but we could ask the devs to make a PvP arena revamp where reforge stats no longer apply in PvP arenas such as Alby for example. The reforge revamp was just there because some players wanted a better way of upgrading the stat level without having to go for broke.

Incase you missed it, a large amount of information and a few friendly links have been added to the OP.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Well i hate reforges because you need to waste millions and millions for it and i'm not planning to waste my hard earned gold or especially irl money for it. And because of that i don't have reforged gears. So most players don't want me in Rabbie Phantasm which is so sad. I bet everyone saw that ridiculous requirement lists before... lol.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    @Greta Well, it's the player's fault for setting the bar so high if they can't get enough members. I don't usually spend more than the 5k Gold on reforges, just because the system is so random when it comes to stats and upgrading the stat levels. A revamp to fix this randomness would be nice, but again Nexon NA can only forward our complaints and requests to Nexon KR.
  • CapnReconCapnRecon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    Fixing Pleione kek.
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 16, 2017
    @CapnRecon And that would entail? If you're not really specific, I can't understand what you want. *edit* If this is about the engine, it would be a very hardcore and money demanding situation that only Nexon KR would know how to improve.
  • CapnReconCapnRecon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    edited January 16, 2017
    @Darkpixie99 The slew of problems Pleione has has been mentioned many times on the forums. Didn't think I'd have to go into detail.

TL;DR Engine is dated and needs to be re-written. But we know Nexon'll never do that, so just take my post as being a butt head.
    -Edit- Regardless of that, it's still my most desired revamp. ;P