Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Should Fighter skill be buffed?

MrKaisirMrKaisir
Mabinogi Rep: 975
in Feedback and Suggestions
Fighter skills has been untouched since its release? I feel like its lacking a lot of potential and god knows how much AP it cost in total just for that. I personally feel fighter is only good for beginners and drastically falls off during mid to end game. Other skill tree can simply out dmg it in the long run and fighter only have 1 AOE skill which isn't even good enough... making fighter only good for 1v1 situation.

also ITS SO BUGGY

1. BUFF?67 votes
    1. Needs major rework
       73% (49 votes)
    2. Nah its balance
       7% (5 votes)
    3. noob
       19% (13 votes)

Comments

• xDerpxxDerpx
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    I haven't seen people use fighter in a long time to be honest. So yes? ^^"
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm more concerned about that 3rd option in that poll at this moment lol...
    ZephyrmaruGoldtiger01Radiant DawnUkraineyArdawnstarkiller1286
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Seems like in many end-game instances, the big thing is either AoE or dogpiling on a single Adv Heavy Stander enemy.

Fighter has almost nothing in the way of AoE (oh boy, Drop Kick Splash!) and against Adv Heavy Stander, they can't use their 2nd combo finisher (Pummel), so they mostly end up as "Use Uppercut for Debuff and switch to something else".

Maybe fighter could use some more Combo skills.
    Like one or two more each of a step 1, 2, and 3 combo set, hopefully also gaining some kind of AoE specific attacks, rather than the one they have where the AoE seems like an afterthought.

Also, their non-combat skills are lackluster.
    Tumble could stand to give invincibility frames, like Anchor Rush.
    Respite could benefit from scaling with an increase in the user's stats. And aftereffect could be changed to a pure buff status effect.
    Say... boost Combo damage for a set time, and just forget the whole penalty for using magic/alchemy afterwards.
    Twelie
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,760
    edited July 23, 2018
    Here's an idea, I don't know if you noticed it yet...
    Erg gives fighters a massive buff, but there is a bit of a problem.
    Fighters CANT get past the lvl 30 break almost at all.
    The new update threw new patterns for the signed clothing at all other classes, that drop almost every run.
    Meanwhile, Fighters working on knuckles have to find almost non-existent passes for a secret mission Guardian of Parthenon and play a game of chance at a low rate.

All of this comes after fighter being broken almost 2 years.

All I could see being buffed normally would be respite, its minimal healing and cooldown are way out of date.

• ZephyrmaruZephyrmaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,430
    MrKaisir wrote: »
    Fighter skills has been untouched since its release? I feel like its lacking a lot of potential and god knows how much AP it cost in total just for that. I personally feel fighter is only good for beginners and drastically falls off during mid to end game. Other skill tree can simply out dmg it in the long run and fighter only have 1 AOE skill which isn't even good enough... making fighter only good for 1v1 situation.

also ITS SO BUGGY

Fighter skills has been untouched since its release? That has 0 bearing on if it's good or not. Almost no skillset gets touched after release.

I feel like it's lacking a lot of potential and god knows how much AP it cost in total just for that. 1920 AP. Found out how much in 60 seconds.

I personally feel fighter is only good for beginners Facts =/= your feelings.

Other skill tree can simply out dmg it in the long run By that logic all skillsets are irrelevant and we should all pick up a chain or lance.

fighter only have 1 AOE skill which isn't even good enough You have two equips for a reason. I don't see archers complaining about not getting a charge move.

making fighter only good for 1v1 situation Fighter/Monk by RPG nature is meant to excel at 1v1.

If you're a newer player hoping to get into fighter, imo just go for it and you'll find its better than you think. Don't listen when someone tells you ___ is better, because there hasn't been an MMO where the elitists don't brag about how superior their choice is. Fighter has a lot of synergy in this game if you're versatile.

If you're a vet wanting to be "hip and unique" compared to the rest of us and need a fighter buff instead of learning, well good luck I suppose.
    SebastianTheNyanCatHellkaizerBronzebreakvioletkittLialin
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited July 23, 2018
    Just fix the bugs, and it should stand well enough as is.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm more concerned about that 3rd option in that poll at this moment lol...

Yes, can't seem to figure out if it's noob to the game or noob to the skills.

On the other hand, they keep coming out with new skills and talents that overpower the older ones without upgrading the older ones, so yes, there should be steady improvement of all skills in a way.
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    edited July 23, 2018
    Im an endgame fighter in Mari, and I can tell you the damage is fine. There could be some more neat passive skills added, and some tweaks to Respite recovery.
    I would like to see something like human/elf version of Taunt. Or damage absorption while wearing knuckles for a brief 5 second period. Maybe Elemental nullification? Like Advanced and Intermediate magic resistance buff to surrounding members for a brief period of time

But MAINLY make Erg lvl 30 obtainable. Geezuz, its not fair atm.
  • MrKaisirMrKaisir
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    Zephyrmaru wrote: »
    MrKaisir wrote: »

also ITS SO BUGGY

Fighter skills has been untouched since its release? That has 0 bearing on if it's good or not. Almost no skillset gets touched after release.

I feel like it's lacking a lot of potential and god knows how much AP it cost in total just for that. 1920 AP. Found out how much in 60 seconds.

I personally feel fighter is only good for beginners Facts =/= your feelings.

Other skill tree can simply out dmg it in the long run By that logic all skillsets are irrelevant and we should all pick up a chain or lance.

fighter only have 1 AOE skill which isn't even good enough You have two equips for a reason. I don't see archers complaining about not getting a charge move.

making fighter only good for 1v1 situation Fighter/Monk by RPG nature is meant to excel at 1v1.

If you're a newer player hoping to get into fighter, imo just go for it and you'll find its better than you think. Don't listen when someone tells you ___ is better, because there hasn't been an MMO where the elitists don't brag about how superior their choice is. Fighter has a lot of synergy in this game if you're versatile.

If you're a vet wanting to be "hip and unique" compared to the rest of us and need a fighter buff instead of learning, well good luck I suppose.

Ok so you're saying fighter is fine on its own.

1. "By that logic all skillsets are irrelevant and we should all pick up a chain or lance". I didn't say anything about picking a specific talent and saying others are useless but it would make more sense to pick a talent that would be more beneficial because honestly there are talents out there that can easily throw fighters off the chart. So that is why I am implying on buffing it. If I can bash my way through a boss or chain impale without the pesty long CD and deal more dmg than fighter at the end its a obvious choice of which ill pick.

2.If you're a vet wanting to be "hip and unique" compared to the rest of us and need a fighter buff instead of learning, well good luck I suppose. "hip and unique... need a fighter buff instead of learning," what are u even talking about. Are u implying that I only use fighter skills and wont learn other skill talent? Or don't know how to use fighter skills properly. If you got tip and tricks on fighter skills along with combing it with other skill talents please teach me because I find no real reason to use that skill at all.
    Only useful skills that fighter give is Somersault Kick which can can apply Daze effect but why would I go through the trouble when i can just equip a Chainblade and use Chain Crush with a higher rate of success. Only skill ill rely on is Spinning Uppercut. Also erg system.... um yeah no.

Overall it needs a buff

kthxbyeouttahere
    EvielickyTwelieLialinUkraineystarkiller1286
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    edited July 23, 2018
    Tatsugi wrote: »
    But MAINLY make Erg lvl 30 obtainable. Geezuz, its not fair atm.

Honestly, almost all the Erg Level 30 is nearly unobtainable unless you hoarded all the old patterns from nearly 6 years ago or farm from where ever it comes from... the only easiest one I see is shurikens with their High-Class Leather Armor
  • TatsugiTatsugi
    Im not sure how they expect some of these patterns to be found when passes are almost non-existant... Ive spammed so many int/adv missions and never gotten one. -_-

• EvielickyEvielicky
    Mabinogi Rep: 970
    would not say major rework but it needs some fixing here and there
  • rawrnyahrawrnyah
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    I would just be happy if they let us load the skills above chain 1 without needing a target. It feels so clunky when you kill a mob with a chain 1 or 2 skill and then need to click another target to use the skill after but end up autoattacking it instead and getting aggroed.
    Dragoolfire
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Major rework? Nah but like some other members have been saying here, it need some tweaking to make it actually be more useable. I barely see anyone using Fighter for a long time now, lol.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    something like a second ninja talent that ties in with fighter chain combos would be cool. like focused fist, uppercut, then a ninja skill could be used like breath fire as the third combo as a additional option for a finishing move. these new ninja skills could be used completely separately as well but combining them with fighter talent chains could make them quite stronger and encourage players to use both talents. I have always thought ninja should have a second talent focusing on some elemental skills and summoning skills as there is more to ninja then just a shuriken and tools. so this combining a new ninja talent with fighter would almost create a fighter mage kind of talent. but maybe I just watch to much Naruto.
    Zephyrmaru
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Wouldn't it be great if we could use fighter skills with our bare hands? It would make for a great life skills supplementary combat style.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Zeo wrote: »
    Major rework? Nah but like some other members have been saying here, it need some tweaking to make it actually be more useable. I barely see anyone using Fighter for a long time now, lol.

I only ranked it for the stats. lol.
    ZeoDragoolfire
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Gaea wrote: »
    Zeo wrote: »

I only ranked it for the stats. lol.

Same though.. I never touched it after getting everything in Fighter done, lol.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    It could definitely use a major rework, having been nerfed/borked since the defense and protection revamp. It has great utility, but its use against higher-tier enemies is virtually nothing due to pummel not working, and tumble has zero secondary use and no invincibility frames whatever.

I’ve basically converted over to chain blade because it offers pretty much the same benefits but more offense, especially against single targets. When I can do 13k-18k+ a good majority out of 15 attempts with a lower-class weapon with either of Chain’s single-target skills, versus dropping from 27k drop kicks to nearly 9k with crit, that’s just sad.
    ZeoTwelieCDMarilLialin
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 24, 2018
    The cooldown need to be offset by a third set of a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd chain move at this point, or be shortened in endgame overall. I'd argue alchemy could use perhaps a DPS boost, given how slow Flameburst is, and Watercannon being rather impotent.

While I agree with Zeph that shouldn't be a consideration of just DPS, fighter is laughably weak with a lack of AOEs and its high single target damage paling in comparison with Bash, Final Hit, Magnum Shot, Chain Impale, Firebolt spam, etc....

I can use the set reasonably well in Elite, and it is better than I expected as an elf with just 800 Will. What I noticed most is the cooldowns being of great inconvenience, and think that fighter needs to be high rewards, high risk if we are going to have resets be so long.

The bugs seemed fixed, and I began using it after I read a patch note detailings fixes regarding such, if I recall.
    Dragoolfire