Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G21 Final Deathless

XypixXypix
Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
edited August 11, 2018 in General Chat
I did this thing. Am I good at the game yet? And yes, of course I'm reposting this everywhere I can think it apply to boost my tiny ego.
This would be in Fan Creations but I didn't really 'create' anything; it's just raw footage.

This was done on Ruairi with a level 2,000 character.

Also it's in glorious 480p because the Sanctum eats my resources.

Edit: I did it again on a 4k character, in 720p.

strategy guide in the description
BlissfulkillYorozuya
  1. did i git gud21 votes
    1. yes u pro
       43% (9 votes)
    2. no scrub
       57% (12 votes)

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited July 26, 2018
    Divinityless is actually easier at this point. Your natural damage output and all combined with the camera angle made Nascent Divinity a liability, as I suspect it did for most.
  • XypixXypix
    edited July 26, 2018
    Perhaps for a stronger player, but weaker players (like my character) would get a massive damage boost from Divinity due to guaranteed crits and Nova.

at least in my case, i melted through talvish with divinity on my alexina character (who was even weaker)
    edited July 26, 2018
    Xypix wrote: »
    Perhaps for a stronger player, but weaker players (like my character) would get a massive damage boost from Divinity due to guaranteed crits and Nova.

at least in my case, i melted through talvish with divinity on my alexina character (who was even weaker)

I see. My damage output was about the same with the slower chains, but one needs to be in Divinity for a significant and continuous duration to build up charges, which not only had camera issues to prevent one from seeing some of Talvish' skills, but also prevented the usage of of Crisis Escape, Hide, and anchor rush spam, among others.

The clincher was using Spike to build charges, which basically had me relying on Blink to avoid Crusader blocks.

I think what you did is certainly worth boasting of, but I think we are overestimating the power of Nascent Divinity.

Edit: People really need to git gud at Talvish. Your video shows it is fairly doable if you play smarter, not harder.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    TIL if you don't have text bubbles hidden then it's much more doable to react to Tally chan spiking you...
  • XypixXypix
    indeed, most people dont even know you can counter "tHe PrOpHeCy" with judgment blade
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    On the sentiment of Nascent Divinity, you're thrown into a battle against a boss that you would have trouble fighting normally with your normal skill set, but is given, and told to use a transformation that locks you out of your normal combat style using skills you've never used before, on a fundamentally movement and control scheme. I think I just dropped out of Divinity after dropping a Nova as it was far better to just use my regular combat fighting style since I know how to dodge, defend, and other things. I've since gotten used to using it, but honestly for something like this they should've just made it into a 2 stage fight where you're given the form, Talvish is "powering up" and you're allowed to just use the skills for a bit without the worry of retaliation until you get a handle on how the transformation works, how the skills interact, what effects they are given.
    Blissfulkill
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    GG EZ
  • YorozuyaYorozuya
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    Congratz, nice to see people having fun with this.

And heh, I forgot icespear doesn't freeze you with Defense... welp, I lived anyway.

Thanks for posting the video, regardless of the sub-par quality - It'll likely help others who won't be able to just power through it. Maybe less rage...
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    didn't people were still talking about this. Grats on your personal achievement
  • XypixXypix
    edited July 31, 2018
    <3 thank you all

also renamed thread
  • XypixXypix
    edited August 11, 2018
    I did it again, except this time I recorded it in actual 720p, at the cost of butchering the game quality.
    (smacked it in op too)

edited August 12, 2018
    GTCvActium wrote: »
    On the sentiment of Nascent Divinity, you're thrown into a battle against a boss that you would have trouble fighting normally with your normal skill set, but is given, and told to use a transformation that locks you out of your normal combat style using skills you've never used before, on a fundamentally movement and control scheme. I think I just dropped out of Divinity after dropping a Nova as it was far better to just use my regular combat fighting style since I know how to dodge, defend, and other things. I've since gotten used to using it, but honestly for something like this they should've just made it into a 2 stage fight where you're given the form, Talvish is "powering up" and you're allowed to just use the skills for a bit without the worry of retaliation until you get a handle on how the transformation works, how the skills interact, what effects they are given.

I remember in the olden days where you had to restart difficult boss fights or an entire series of segments from the very beginning, and how halfway one has to learn best how to do this or that at a moment's notice. The most devastating part is that one is unable to familiarize themselves with the new control scheme of of Part B of this entire fight or this level, because it requires multiple tries, each of which is preceded by already difficult content to even try again.

Ex. Takeshi's Challenge late game segments, such as the parasailing portion.

Good thing this is over.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

I remember in the olden days where you had to restart difficult boss fights or an entire series of segments from the very beginning, and how halfway one has to learn best how to do this or that at a moment's notice. The most devastating part is that one is unable to familiarize themselves with the new control scheme of of Part B of this entire fight or this level, because it requires multiple tries, each of which is preceded by already difficult content to even try again.

Good thing this is over.

Trying to get fire cape in runescape as a kid and spending hours watching guides only to panic and die time and time again
    GretaBlissfulkill
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Good thing this is over.

Trying to get fire cape in runescape as a kid and spending hours watching guides only to panic and die time and time again

And some people managed to get Fire Cape in Oldschool Runescape Mobile...
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Greta wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Good thing this is over.

And some people managed to get Fire Cape in Oldschool Runescape Mobile...

Off topic, but doing the caves with blowpipe and dragon darts is brain dead easy. You don't even need to do anything about healers because he dies so fast, and you only need to switch prayers a handful of times.
  • XypixXypix
    edited August 13, 2018
    how did we go from mabinogi to runescape