Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tired of struggling with the Nexon Launcher

FenlyFenly
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited July 18, 2018 in Technical Support
Post has been cleaned up. Please do not use profanity on the forum.

Mabinogi has been constantly unable to start, due to the "product in use" bug, when the program has not been started, nor has the program opened any processes for mabinogi. It is unable to be repaired because it says it is in use, can not be removed because it is "in use", and no matter how many times I restart my computer, or nexon launcher, or attempt to reinstall Mabinogi, the thing still will not start. Nexon launcher is a joke in comparison to the simpler old launcher that actually worked in comparison to the current nexon launcher. I've had to re-install the entire launcher as well as mabinogi many times just to get it to work even once. This is infuriating to deal with the nexon launcher not working, and I can't run the account that I want on steam. I'm so tired of struggling with this launcher over and over.

Comments

• GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I recommend you use the steam launcher then. A friend of mine was having issue with the launcher so I made them a steam account and downloaded the game from there and it launched fine. The only downside is that you have to download the entire game again, but it should let you get around the Nexon Launcher. If that fails, you may have to look for fan developed launchers. I don't recommend the last option since its against the ToS, but the option is there if you really want to get in.

• BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Fenly wrote: »
    Post has been cleaned up. Please do not use profanity on the forum.

Mabinogi has been constantly unable to start, due to the "product in use" bug, when the program has not been started, nor has the program opened any processes for mabinogi. It is unable to be repaired because it says it is in use, can not be removed because it is "in use", and no matter how many times I restart my computer, or nexon launcher, or attempt to reinstall Mabinogi, the thing still will not start. Nexon launcher is a joke in comparison to the simpler old launcher that actually worked in comparison to the current nexon launcher. I've had to re-install the entire launcher as well as mabinogi many times just to get it to work even once. This is infuriating to deal with the nexon launcher not working, and I can't run the account that I want on steam. I'm so tired of struggling with this launcher over and over.

Have you tried killing it + the hackshield via Task Manager?
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Have you tried to uninstall the launcher and re-installing it without restarting the computer?