Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Grey Screen Appears During Loading Screens

Comments

• Evan933Evan933
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    A small fix would be to turn off Focus assist.
  • Evan933Evan933
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    I found a semi fix still happens but not as bad (blames Microsoft for the windows 10 1803 update) basically need to wait for Nexon or Microsoft to fix it. It is the Focus Assist thing in the options turn ALL OF IT OFF. https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-april-2018-update-common-problems-and-fixes#fix_alttab_problem_windows10_1803 got lucky and found this.
    Mrl33tastic
  • MoroaicaMoroaica
    Mabinogi Rep: 805
    edited July 31, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    This is caused by resolution.

Change your resolution.

Thank you... I already tried this as this was one of Nexon Tech Support's first of many suggestions. :(
    Evan933 wrote: »
    I found a semi fix still happens but not as bad (blames Microsoft for the windows 10 1803 update) basically need to wait for Nexon or Microsoft to fix it. It is the Focus Assist thing in the options turn ALL OF IT OFF. https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-april-2018-update-common-problems-and-fixes#fix_alttab_problem_windows10_1803 got lucky and found this.

Thank you for posting this and turned off the settings as suggested:

JSmurgu.jpg

Additionally, I've turned off all settings for Notifications & Actions just to make sure nothing is popping up.

As for testing it out, I got through running the game on Steam for a couple hours... just switching back and forth between monitors, playing, changing channels and opening up Options as I normally do. It was working great and thought this suggestion was finally going to be one that works - until the last time I attempted to change channels. It hung on the load screen (no grey screen this time!) and went AFK for a bit to see if it was just lagging. After more than 15 minutes of staying on the same screen, I had to kill it through the Task Manager.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I was running Mabi in Windowed mode as it did not occur to me until now, that the game window loses focus when launching (the windowed border is white instead of being a very dark grey as it should be). It only does this when running it on Steam and not the Nexon Launcher. Not sure if it makes a difference but I thought I'd bring it up.
  • MoroaicaMoroaica
    Mabinogi Rep: 805
    edited August 1, 2018
    Moroaica wrote: »
    EDIT: I forgot to mention that I was running Mabi in Windowed mode as it did not occur to me until now, that the game window loses focus when launching (the windowed border is white instead of being a very dark grey as it should be). It only does this when running it on Steam and not the Nexon Launcher. Not sure if it makes a difference but I thought I'd bring it up.

Okay... I think I may have found a solution and Microsoft Office might be the culprit. The game has been running a couple of hours and it seems to be doing okay so far. I am going to let it run overnight and resume my normal tasks in the morning just to see how things go. If all goes well, I will update this post with what I did.

Wish me luck!!!

Update: The game crashed sometime during the night, however, while disabling Microsoft Office's OfficeBackgroundTaskHandlerRegistration in the Task Scheduler did restore focus, it did not do anything to prevent the screen hang after changing channels after running the game for a couple of hours.

*sigh...*

Back to the drawing board I guess.
  • Mrl33tasticMrl33tastic
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Evan933 wrote: »

Good fix! It isn't perfect and is still showing a grey screen, but it takes significantly less long to get in and out of settings menu for me now. Thanks!
  • TsukiSNNTsukiSNN
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    i have the same problem, but i open the task manager (crtl+alt+del),screen will go to desktop but will return, when you do that, do severals alt+tab, and it 2-3 minutes it will load something you need to do, settings etc...at least this work with my laptop

CPU:I5-560m
    Ram: 8G
    Internal Graphics