Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How about some positivity up in here

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
edited July 31, 2018 in General Chat
What's one thing you genuinely like about mabi?

No sarcasm, just trying to get some good feels.

If I had to list mine, it's the diversity of the game. Every skill you rank adds to your overall strength in some form. There's only been one other game that gave me this feeling and that's ironman on runescape. It's always confused me why we don't get more class systems like mabi, as I really dislike alt characters in general (Eso, Bdo, Gw2, etc) FFXIV does feel a little better as it's all the same character but still.
MizukiHayamaYokkaichiKatherzTwelieRadiant DawnCallanthe

Comments

• MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    I personally also love the diversity and freedom of choice. For me it becomes stale when a game forces me to choose 1 class and that's it, that's who I am from now on; but in Mabi if I feel like learning Magic and then jump to fighter, there's nobody saying "Nope, you are a Warrior".
    Also love the large customization of one's character, that no character will be an exact replica of another.
    Also how the pets fight with you, the skills, the combat system.
    Tbh I could rant all day :D, so yeah, I'ma stop here.
    HellkaizerKatzoneWolfandWolfTwelie
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I can choose my own pace and not have to rush through the storylines or get strong with everyone else to complete it.
    Some games, are just jammed through and end up finishing fast and dying out, especially mobile games. But not Mabi.
    There are some things that can be made better improved and updated lore and making better use of available resources and just some things that needs to make sense.
    HellkaizerMizukiHayamaRadiant Dawn
  • GypzieGypzie
    Mabinogi Rep: 490
    This is one of the only games I have ever played that is turn based real time combat. You have to be smart when you are in combat utilizing you skills and having Infinite combos. This is also One of the only games I have ever played that has a COMPOSING system to play music, and actually have that music do something in game. That's really neat. The mix of social and game is also fantastic, that a lot of MMO's are lacking. This one stands out alone, and will be one of the best games I've found.
    HellkaizerMizukiHayamaKatzoneSebastianTwelie
  • VenezziaofArcadiaVenezziaofArcadia
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,270
    The whole game, even as it is a fantasy adventure type, simply plays different from anything else out there, and as they've added more and more systems, the scope of things you can do apart from "adventuring" becomes staggering. Haven't found any other game with so many meaty noncombat growth options. I also like that the game walks a fine line between being Serious Business and All In Good Fun; I hate games that thrive on Grimdark as much as those that just won't take themselves seriously and anything, no matter how absurd, goes. No, I'm not naming any names :P. Mabi balances humor and fun with worldsaving drama just perfectly for my taste.
    HellkaizerMizukiHayama
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I definitely agree with you all about the diversity. It beats out lots of the 'carbon-copies' out there that force you to pick only one class.

Might I also add that I absolutely LOVE Mabinogi's soundtrack? From Tir's peaceful tune to Avalon's 'holy' theme...then into the boss themes like Uroboros' theme & VS Nuadha. They've really done a great job with Mabi's OST.
    HellkaizerMizukiHayamaRadiant Dawnstomei97
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 1, 2018
    I actually like everything about the game, except reforges and stupid/poor customization options. Everything else is ok/good.

P.S: I'm also impressed how this game hands out so much free pets. Never seen such thing being handed out so easily and for free before i tried out Mabinogi. I really like this one. Also i like how gacha fashion is freely tradeable and accessible to all players. Looking at you Elsword. No wonder that game started to die out quickly after like 7 years.
    MizukiHayamaKingEphyTwelieImaizumi
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I like that it's improving over time.

Events used to be awful with awful rewards. Here's a screenshot from 2011, the first time they held this Hot Air Balloon Event:
    B3dvh.png

What even is this? The npc name wasn't even translated and there was a big misspelling in her text. There was just no care put into the publishing back then. I remember every other event was an "NX event" where you had to pay up to actually get prizes.

But now they do care. The balloon event isn't very exciting by today's standards, but there's a baseline level of quality there that we just didn't get before. The drop rates for the new wigs are good and I've been able to replenish some of my SE pot stock. It's fine as a side event. The beach event is fabulous and giving out all sorts of nice things for free. We got ace rbs out of Master Plan as well as plenty of rb potions. During the 2009-2011 era they would have asked you to purchase an NX key or whatever to unlock all these goodies.

Rather than devolving into one of those things were they end up trying to milk players for every single cent they can get, it's more like they started out that way and slowly moved on to more sensible ways of getting money out of players while still retaining goodwill. There are plenty more ways this can be improved, but I don't think we should overlook the many ways it has already improved.

tldr I just like free stuff gimme all the free stuff
    GretaMizukiHayamaSebastianKingEphyTwelieRadiant DawnYorozuyaImaizumiKensamaofmariYokkaichiand 1 other.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The free style of no class locking gives people the truly unique sense that their characters are their own unique person. With different skills, weapons, and play styles, each character is completely unique in their approach to how to play the game. Certainly you can fall into a mold that maximizes efficiency, but then there's also the chance to mix and match fighting styles into something that is rarely, if ever, used. While people will eventually max out all skills, this still means that everyone will still have a preference and unique fighting style that is tailored specifically to their own tastes and enjoyment. One of the things I love about the game.
    MizukiHayamaHellkaizerBronzebreak
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    The Rebirthing system makes investment in this game 10x longer for 10x the feelings of accomplishment, and the primary why I will likely never move on to another game. Like a great lover, Mabinogi has ruined me for others. Everything feels so...tepid. Banal. Unsatisfactory.
    MizukiHayamaTwelieYorozuyaHellkaizer
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    To add onto the comments about customization, I want to talk about weapons and armor. There are a lot of MMOs which require you to be a certain level in order to wear a certain armor or wield a certain weapon. If you happen to fall in love with the look of an "inferior" armor set, you aren't necessarily banned from wearing it but you'll be at a disadvantage in combat unless you equip something from "your level".

Mabi doesn't do that. With the exception of demonic weapons, you aren't really prevented from equipping armor or swords based on your Talent/Cumulative level. What's even more, most of the heavy armor in the game has all of the same stats (with exceptions such as handcrafted armor and such), and most of the light armor has all of the same stats too. So you can pick and choose what you want to wear with a wide variety of style options, and you don't necessarily have to be stuck with a single armor set that you dislike just because it's tailored for your level's stats.
    GretaBlissfulkillYokkaichiHellkaizerCallantheTwelie
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    This game does so many things right its just sad that no one tries to copy it mechanics.
    Then again this game runs on a bunch of mathematical equations for calculating damage idk.
    All i do know is that i love this game to death and probably won't ever quit the game...
    MizukiHayamaHellkaizer
  • RiddleTricksterRiddleTrickster
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,585
    Opalthira wrote: »
    This game does so many things right its just sad that no one tries to copy it mechanics.
    Then again this game runs on a bunch of mathematical equations for calculating damage idk.
    All i do know is that i love this game to death and probably won't ever quit the game...

This. Despite being a bit outdated, it's still pretty advance in it's potential. Some are close, but they don't beat it. I have yet to find a game that allows the same freedom Mabi gives it's players.
    HellkaizerMizukiHayama
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited August 1, 2018
    That there is still a tiny minority of people who wander around the map genuinely exploring just for fun. Not here on this forum of course.
    KensamaofmariHellkaizerImaizumiMizukiHayama
  • GypzieGypzie
    Mabinogi Rep: 490
    edited August 1, 2018
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    That there is still a tiny minority of people who wander around the map genuinely exploring just for fun. Not here on this forum of course.

I'm an old player who has returned, and I still explore. sometimes I pull out a horse and walk around the maps just because its fun.

Also the Ancient Title Monsters.
    GretaHellkaizerMizukiHayama
    edited August 1, 2018
    Customer service here is excellent these day, and while I think the updates have lost the touch I missed, that the Nexon NA team does their job, slaving away for a corporate overlord overseas. I respect that.
    YokkaichiHellkaizerClovis15MizukiHayama
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Customer service here is excellent these day, and while I think the updates have lost the touch I missed, that the Nexon NA team does their job, slaving away for a corporate overlord overseas. I respect that.

I had to contact support yesterday with a semi complicated issue, from the time I clicked on the chat to the time my problem was solved was like 15 mins. The support is honestly one of the best I've ever seen in a game.
    MizukiHayamaBlissfulkill
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited August 2, 2018
    I appreciate that I can become one with every single class, all while only ever using a single character (and even have the ability to mix and match skills however I see fit). I like that exploring new possibilities doesn't mean starting from the very bottom again.

Oh, and especially the Bard System. I can't quite think of anything nearly like it in any other game. Some games feature much lesser systems, but only Mabinogi lets you do full songs - and even group performances - to such an extent.

@Blissfulkill The few times I've had to contact them, they've been prompt and very helpful. The even once restored a priceless Damage Totem that had an unfortunate accident when trying to divide a stack of Garbage Herbs sitting right next to it (after which I completely rearranged my inventory so the totems were no where near things I should ever be clicking, furthermore in a bag I now keep eternally closed.)
    MizukiHayamaTwelie
    edited August 2, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

I had to contact support yesterday with a semi complicated issue, from the time I clicked on the chat to the time my problem was solved was like 15 mins. The support is honestly one of the best I've ever seen in a game.

Back in the day, support was nonexistent. Heck, there was an -removed- who leaked nudes of his underage girlfriend on the forums, and they were merely deleted, instead of, you know....contacting the police?

Support was that poor in the 2012 era
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited August 2, 2018

Back in the day, support was nonexistent. Heck, there was an -removed- who leaked nudes of his underage girlfriend on the forums, and they were merely deleted, instead of, you know....contacting the police?

I'm one of the people that received no support at all, or any compensation for the black robe "event" after sending in weekly tickets, and trying everything I could to get an answer. I know just how awful their support used to be, it's very nice now though any tickets are usually answered same day.
    BlissfulkillYorozuya
    edited August 2, 2018

I'm one of the people that received no support at all, or any compensation for the black robe "event" after sending in weekly tickets, and trying everything I could to get an answer. I know just how awful their support used to be, it's very nice now though any tickets are usually answered same day.

Indeed, I thought the game would die, and scoff at anyone who states "The game is dying" in this day and age. This, now, is nothing.