Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Concerning recent issues in Alexina

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
in Vault
Hello Milletians, we, at the Mabi team, would like to address some of your concerns regarding issues going in Alexina. First of all, we currently have no plans to perform any full Rollbacks. However, that doesn’t mean that we are not aware of illegitimate items going around the server. We are actively tracking these items and removing them from accounts. For those of you that purchased these illegitimate items using in-game gold or item trading, please submit a ticket to our CS team: https://support-mabinogi.nexon.net/hc/en-us. Secondly, we are actively working with our developers to prevent this from happening in the future as well as investigating who is behind these exploits. Thank you and we hope we have addressed some of your concerns.
IyasenuVeylaineGretaJazmynHarukariClovis15CallantheLeineiMizukiHayamaBlissfulkilland 1 other.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Thank you Mabi Team for not being silent! <3
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I'm not on Alexina. so I'm not sure what has happened.
    Good to know you guys are addressing an issue this bad.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    edited August 6, 2018
    I am on Alexina, and I'm also not entirely sure what's going on either.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sounds like duping.
  • GypzieGypzie
    Mabinogi Rep: 490
    I am unaware of what (we) I, should be looking for in terms of illegitimate items, could we perhaps have more information on this subject?
    Katherz wrote: »
    Hello Milletians, we, at the Mabi team, would like to address some of your concerns regarding issues going in Alexina. First of all, we currently have no plans to perform any full Rollbacks. However, that doesn’t mean that we are not aware of illegitimate items going around the server. We are actively tracking these items and removing them from accounts. For those of you that purchased these illegitimate items using in-game gold or item trading, please submit a ticket to our CS team: https://support-mabinogi.nexon.net/hc/en-us. Secondly, we are actively working with our developers to prevent this from happening in the future as well as investigating who is behind these exploits. Thank you and we hope we have addressed some of your concerns.

• KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    The items in question are items that are usually very difficult to obtain. Think it terms of Destruction Robes, Succubus sets, etc.
    Clovis15SherriImaizumi
  • RRMRRM
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    And if you bought an item from another player and it gets removed due to being illegitimate (so you're out the gold or items you traded for it), you can file a support ticket (probably to get compensation).
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    @Katherz Thanks for the clarification.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Harukari wrote: »

Makes me wonder if there are ongoing investigations on other servers as well. Just because it happens on one doesn't mean it's not happening on others. It becomes very troublesome as I refuse to buy things from people unless I absolutely have to. Then other people wonder why I don't have higher tier weapons aside from what I find from doing runs.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited August 6, 2018
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Harukari wrote: »

Makes me wonder if there are ongoing investigations on other servers as well. Just because it happens on one doesn't mean it's not happening on others. It becomes very troublesome as I refuse to buy things from people unless I absolutely have to. Then other people wonder why I don't have higher tier weapons aside from what I find from doing runs.

I've seen warnings in a couple of Ruairi discord servers I'm in, so I do not think it's just Alexina.
    Pectyl
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited August 6, 2018
    latest?cb=20170406164538&path-prefix=ru
    Not surprised, I bet it's the usual close-knit group that's always causing this stuff to happen on Alexina other than the usual bots, RWT, multiboxing and generalized cheating via certain Exploitative mods.. I mean they get away with it all the time because their firm belief is that; "If it doesn't hurt anyone, who cares?" So I bet duping or fabricating items out of thin air is among their specialties as well.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    edited August 6, 2018
    Froglord wrote: »
    Not surprised, I bet it's the usual close-knit group that's always causing this stuff to happen on Alexina other than the usual bots, RWT, multiboxing and generalized cheating via certain Exploitative mods.. I mean they get away with it all the time because their firm belief is that; "If it doesn't hurt anyone, who cares?" So I bet duping or fabricating items out of thin air is among their specialties as well.

So who is this "usual close-knit group"?
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 6, 2018
    Pan wrote: »

You really expect to learn such thing in forums? Calling out names is against rules. You should ask such somewhere else.
  • PanPan
    Greta wrote: »

You really expect to learn such thing in forums? Calling out names is against rules.

Forums should have no rules. Everyone is too scared to exercise their right of freedom of speech here just because of some forum moderators.
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 6, 2018

You really expect to learn such thing in forums? Calling out names is against rules.

Forums should have no rules. Everyone is too scared to exercise their right of freedom of speech here just because of some forum moderators.

Most forums have rules, because no one wants to see toxicity and other unpleasant things in forums. Let's not derail this thread now.
    TheNyanCat
  • PanPan
    Toxicity and unpleasant things are what spices up the forums for a better interesting conversation on forums. It is what keeps it alive and going.
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940

That's not how this works.... that's not how any of this works.
    JazmynTheNyanCatSherri
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited August 7, 2018

The part where you can't name players on the forums is likely to avoid any witch hunts (harassment) that could result if someone posts a name. This rule in turn protects innocent people who someone might be trying to besmirch the reputation of.

Also, by creating a forum account, you have basically agreed to the "contract" of acting a certain way. If you didn't read it, you're not absolved of that. It's not hard to not swear, not try to cause panic with people about supposed conditions of the game and actions of players, not to talk about controversial topics, and to not crusade against Nexon. Essentially, it's asking that you keep conversation appropriate (again, not difficult).

Here's a link to the Code of Conduct, if anyone needs a refresher: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/2/mabinogi-forums-code-of-conduct
    Toxicity and unpleasant things are what spices up the forums for a better interesting conversation on forums. It is what keeps it alive and going.

You realize you're posting this on a thread that @Katherz started? That she'll see? People tend to come to the game and forums to chat and relax. Toxicity isn't necessary here. People have enough going on in the real lives.

Back on topic, @Katherz , props to you and the Mabi team for staying on top of things.
    MizukiHayamaVeylaineMissFortuneTheNyanCatSherriYokkaichi
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    You can't just pull the "freedom of speech" argument and consider it the perfect defense against anything and everything. First off, Freedom of Speech protects your LEGAL rights, legal as in the court of law. This is not a court of law, this is a moderated forum by an independent company. If the company deems your comments or post to go against their guidelines, they have the right to remove it. They are not suing you, or otherwise persecuting you for your speech, thus you are NOT protected from erasure or edit of your comment. You are free to exercise your freedom of speech on other platforms with different guidelines and they will have no power or change over you, but no, if you post on a company supplied forum, then you must abide by their ethics and guidelines.
    JazmynVeylaineMizukiHayamaTheNyanCatSherriYokkaichi
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    dont_take_mah_freeze_peach_baby_bodysuit-r97dfbec31d9c4828ae9ee75f537c2660_j2nhc_307.jpg?rvtype=content
    Sherri