Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Friendly Puck Puppet Reminder

BronzebreakBronzebreak
Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
in General Chat
Since you are EXCHANGING for a permanent one if you use a coupon, you lose any enchants/reforges/blessings on the item.

That, or Nexon owes me a 2nd reforge line and a HW, lol.
AlexisEUImaizumiClovis15MizukiHayama

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    You already got a coupon?! You're super lucky!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    That was obvious.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    Ya, I don't see why you would bother reforging or enchanting something that was temporary. Seems like a waste of resources.
    GretaClovis15ImaizumiAeolysShouK
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Oh, the coupon is meant for you to EXCHANGE an existing puppet?

You don't get a permanent puppet right away?

Can I use the coupon on a already expired one?
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    TNinja wrote: »

I think it's specifically for the Puck and only the Puck 30 Day and 90 Day ones. I would think you would have enough coupons to do the exchange before the 30 day one expires.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Why would you reforge a puppet? Nexon doesn't owe you anything lol.
    Kageito
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 10, 2018
    I already have 3 game board ticket boxes I can't open. That's going to be 3 I won't ever be able to open and that number will increase everyday until the end of the event.

Nexon just let us open the boxes. It's not going to hurt anything. What? Extra puck support dolls? Well that's fine, people who were not around for this event will appreciate it. It's a freaking waste.

I will post a comment everyday about how many more boxes I am unable to open.
    VeylaineBronzebreakClovis15KingofrunesvioletkittJazmynSphyra21TweliedeepdrakeKensamaofmariand 1 other.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Gaea wrote: »
    I already have 3 game board ticket boxes I can't open. That's going to be 3 I won't ever be able to open and that number will increase everyday until the end of the event.

Nexon just let us open the boxes. It's not going to hurt anything. What? Extra puck support dolls? Well that's fine, people who were not around for this event will appreciate it. It's a freaking waste.

I have 5.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I'm going to give a guess here and say no. This is probably similar to the expiring tails and that horrid coupon event, where the expired items straight get deleted from your inventory once they hit 0 time remaining.
    Bold strategy. Let's watch as they don't change the event at all and we're all screwed anyway in the end.

Bronzebreak
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    edited August 10, 2018

This. I am up to 5 right now.

ind4 people are like: "wah I won't be able to sell my Puck off for 60m in a few months because people got more than one"
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    edited August 10, 2018
    I think I'm sitting on three boxes right now; I agree that it's frustrating to be restricted to a daily coupon limit. I can at least confirm that you can get the chairs from the Subaru Reward Boxes; I've gotten the Rem and Ram Throne from one along with a piece of Subaru's outfit, along with a few title boxes. So I guess that's something.

Well, something in terms of being able to get some more specific event rewards without having to worry too much about the restricted coupons. Chairs is admittedly a bit off-topic when this discussion's more about getting a permanent Puck puppet coupon.

EDIT: And I'm actually kind of sitting here wondering if a permanent Puck coupon can be gotten from those reward boxes as well. Or if it would be more convenient to just buy the daily two lucky boxes with the coupons and leave it up to chance.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    IAAW wrote: »
    I think I'm sitting on three boxes right now; I agree that it's frustrating to be restricted to a daily coupon limit. I can at least confirm that you can get the chairs from the Subaru Reward Boxes; I've gotten the Rem and Ram Throne from one along with a piece of Subaru's outfit, along with a few title boxes. So I guess that's something.

Well, something in terms of being able to get some more specific event rewards without having to worry too much about the restricted coupons. Chairs is admittedly a bit off-topic when this discussion's more about getting a permanent Puck puppet coupon.

EDIT: And I'm actually kind of sitting here wondering if a permanent Puck coupon can be gotten from those reward boxes as well. Or if it would be more convenient to just buy the daily two lucky boxes with the coupons and leave it up to chance.

It can be gotten from the boxes :) I got one yesterday!
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    edited August 11, 2018
    Leinei wrote: »
    You already got a coupon?! You're super lucky!
    Yeah, I mentioned to my guild that it was a crazy streak of luck; I got from 1 to end with 15 coins (no sad cats, no negative hands, no out), hit the bonus box along the way, and got the coupon.
    Greta wrote: »
    That was obvious.
    'Friendly... Reminder'
    You see that bold part? Yeah. It's for the people who weren't here for the other exchange coupons, and/or for those who are much too hopeful as to how Nexon operates.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Why would you reforge a puppet? Nexon doesn't owe you anything lol.
    Why would I NOT reforge a puppet? There's literally no negative other than spending 5k. Also, notice the 'lol' at the end of the sentence you referenced.
    Ya, I don't see why you would bother reforging or enchanting something that was temporary. Seems like a waste of resources.
    All boosts are temporary anyway. Reforging literally costs 5k gold, and the only cost to most enchants is getting it from an end chest (you'll get 'em anyway) and decreased dura on the temporary item anyway.
    *See answer below

I can only assume that this is sarcasm, so *see answer below.

I think it's specifically for the Puck and only the Puck 30 Day and 90 Day ones. I would think you would have enough coupons to do the exchange before the 30 day one expires.
    Yeah, we're going to have to wait another 28 days to find out, assuming anyone want to do the science.
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

I empathize and agree.

This. I am up to 5 right now.

ind4 people are like: "wah I won't be able to sell my Puck off for 60m in a few months because people got more than one"
    That'll happen anyway, lol.

*Because people are hyper-analytical....
    The coupon's name is EXCHANGE
    The description was EXCHANGE
    I expected it to EXCHANGE puppets.
    EXCHANGE by definition requires the first one to be removed.
    I ergo expected to lose the first.
    Just like with (to my knowledge) every other EXCHANGE event/gacha item from before.
    BUT I tested it since I didn't think anyone else would...
    'cause really, we had a major typo in the event that ended this past week.

As to WHY anyone would (potentially) want it to NOT exchange;
    We've established that you can get multiple Puck puppets; my guild-mate already has two extras.
    We all know Reforging gives you a random effect and a random number of lines.
    We all know that enchants with ranges give you a random boost.
    We ALSO know that enchants have a limited success rate.
    We ALSO know that Enchant fails can (or will) decrease dura (or destroy item), scaling with rank of enchant.

So lemme lay it out to you like this;
    IF you only removed expiration and didn't 'delete' the previous item (once again, not that I expected this to be true -rather quite the opposite-);
    It'd probably be more cost efficient to buy the dozens of 30-days that'd be for sale, reforge them all, and then use a high-level enchant on the 2/3-line ones until you get a perfect success, THEN make it permanent.
    Instead of buying a permanent one and then hoping you get 2/3 lines off a starter reforge, and then enchant protection potioning/praying you don't fail.

So that's why I tested it.

tumblr_ok9gwzAyqJ1w4nh3lo1_500.gif
    THICCthighssavelives
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    *Because people are hyper-analytical....
    The coupon's name is EXCHANGE
    The description was EXCHANGE
    I expected it to EXCHANGE puppets.
    EXCHANGE by definition requires the first one to be removed.
    I ergo expected to lose the first.
    Just like with (to my knowledge) every other EXCHANGE event/gacha item from before.
    BUT I tested it since I didn't think anyone else would...
    'cause really, we had a major typo in the event that ended this past week.

As to WHY anyone would (potentially) want it to NOT exchange;
    We've established that you can get multiple Puck puppets; my guild-mate already has two extras.
    We all know Reforging gives you a random effect and a random number of lines.
    We all know that enchants with ranges give you a random boost.
    We ALSO know that enchants have a limited success rate.
    We ALSO know that Enchant fails can (or will) decrease dura (or destroy item), scaling with rank of enchant.

So lemme lay it out to you like this;
    IF you only removed expiration and didn't 'delete' the previous item (once again, not that I expected this to be true -rather quite the opposite-);
    It'd probably be more cost efficient to buy the dozens of 30-days that'd be for sale, reforge them all, and then use a high-level enchant on the 2/3-line ones until you get a perfect success, THEN make it permanent.
    Instead of buying a permanent one and then hoping you get 2/3 lines off a starter reforge, and then enchant protection potioning/praying you don't fail.

So that's why I tested it.

Oh I never thought of it that way. However, you could have gone about that a lot less passively aggressively.
    Hellkaizer
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    edited August 11, 2018
    Oh I never thought of it that way. However, you could have gone about that a lot less passively aggressively.

/shrug

I believe that I reacted appropriate to each person, respectively.

Just figured if I spelled it out as much as I could at the end, people couldn't just argue against part of what I said, as in the beginning. As for the meme closing word, I honestly feel like I helped people.

I do my best to always '/s' stuff if I'm going to be facetious.
    SebastianJazmyn
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    edited August 11, 2018

/shrug

I believe that I reacted appropriate to each person, respectively.

Just figured if I spelled it out as much as I could at the end, people couldn't just argue against part of what I said, as in the beginning. As for the meme closing word, I honestly feel like I helped people.

I do my best to always '/s' stuff if I'm going to be facetious.

Still the caps on some of that is a tad bit unnecessary and going overboard in getting your point across. I will also admit I could have gone about my responses differently by instead of putting in statements posing questions instead. Such as, "I'm curious on why you would reforge a temporary item or enchant a temporary item. I don't see what the reason is and would be glad to know why people would do this"
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

I imagine this is what Katherz is like when testing stuff.

And true, I guess if they REALLY want to go through the trouble they can alt the hell out of this event.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

I imagine this is what Katherz is like when testing stuff.

And true, I guess if they REALLY want to go through the trouble they can alt the hell out of this event.

Why aren't the spins farmable like the normal cat marble...

No alt abuse that way, and the more determined people get rewarded more, win win.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited August 11, 2018
    I'll contribute to the outrage about the unopening boxes.

I don't have overcount in boxes.

What I do have is a ridiculous ammount og Puck Spins I'm not using.
    CrimsọnTheNyanCat
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    edited August 11, 2018

Still the caps on some of that is a tad bit unnecessary and going overboard in getting your point across. I will also admit I could have gone about my responses differently by instead of putting in statements posing questions instead. Such as, "I'm curious on why you would reforge a temporary item or enchant a temporary item. I don't see what the reason is and would be glad to know why people would do this"

Naw, you don't change the tone of the question by doing that.
    I'll concede on my end; less caps, more naps.
    I'll contribute to the outrage about the unopening boxes.

I don't have overcount in boxes.

What I do have is a ridiculous ammount og Puck Spins I'm not using.

Uhhh... why?
    I just spin every day until I run out. What's the benefit of holding on to them?
    KingofrunesGretaKiruah