Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

No Christmas or New Years Events this year?

Comments

• mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    Yeah it was weird that we didn't get Xmas/New Years events outside of "heres some hotday stuff" or even the holiday gach. Yeah, some of the events going on are a bit "better" in some people's mind, but it's kinda weird not seeing at least the new years stuff, considering that pretty much everyone celebrates new years in some form or another.

Also (since it was mentioned) I don't think Nexon really cares about offending people. Remember how Nexon Korea fired a girl who voiced a character in Closers and removed her voice data because she wore a shirt that said "Girls don't need a prince" a few months back and it blew up into a huge thing on social media? I doubt they're concerned with the idea of not offending people who don't celebrate Christmas (example, their other games have christmas events, look at Maple and Vindi) by not putting events out, whether its NA or KR or any other server (though iirc, I think they did do a few holiday themed outfits in KR, one of which we have in the shop, but there's a few others I've been seeing pictures of floating around). Then again, we didn't get the Music Q gach either so who knows with them. I'm grateful we at least got the Utawarerumono crossover even though it's just a cash shop sale and obvious grab at money ontop of bringing Samhain back with a new outfit but... I dunno, like I said, it's not awful, it's just weird.