Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

'The Morrighan' joins Smite.

XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
in Town Square
I don't know how many Smite players play Mabinogi too! But for those interested the Celtic pantheon was added to Smite. Starting with "The Morrighan".

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Oh god (punz) that was a recent addition too. LAWSUIT! jk.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Forever known as THE Morrighan and not just Morrighan.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Smite version of her is way off, first off she is alone fighting which is not how she fights. She has short hair and a lance, it is never mention what she use to fight and many warriors have told of a long hair Morrighan than a short hair, she can also be proven from her sisters having long hair too. Clothing doesn't fix the Noir style that everyone is familiar with and they call her "Phantom Queen", which is incorrect standing in Noir religion.
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260
    I saw a brief video about it. I definitely like Nexon's interpretation of Morrighan much, much better.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yeah this version is pretty tacky looking imo.
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    watercat0
    watercat0 said:

Smite version of her is way off, first off she is alone fighting which is not how she fights. She has short hair and a lance, it is never mention what she use to fight and many warriors have told of a long hair Morrighan than a short hair, she can also be proven from her sisters having long hair too. Clothing doesn't fix the Noir style that everyone is familiar with and they call her "Phantom Queen", which is incorrect standing in Noir religion.
    I don't know about Celtic mythology, so if you told me she was an elephant with dragon wings, I'd say it was possible. I know they base their things off some research. And then some interpretations. So I am sure they took some liberties to make sure she stands out from other gods and goddesses. Namely Nox.

• MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    I'm ready to diamond her. *_* Dibs.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    ///
    XeekTheMighty

watercat0
    watercat0 said:

I don't know about Celtic mythology, so if you told me she was an elephant with dragon wings, I'd say it was possible. I know they base their things off some research. And then some interpretations. So I am sure they took some liberties to make sure she stands out from other gods and goddesses. Namely Nox.

///

not the first time they got it wrong: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smite_(video_game)#Reception
  • LetusLetus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,130
    edited January 9, 2017
    Jeesh HiRez, you *cough*steal every asset from overwatch and make a game that Letus finds more fun than overwatch*endcough* and now you're stealing from a Korean MMORPG?