Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can we get Korea's Ninja update.

XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
in Feedback and Suggestions
Any chance we can get the following update that already happen in Korea.

"Ninja Skills:
Explosive Kunai's duration was increased.
Smokescreen now decreases the opponent's Protection.
Sakura Abyss:
Max charge time was decreased. Initial Stamina consumption is adjusted to match with the change; total Stamina consumption remains the same.
Single charge generation per second was decreased.
Damage and radius were increased.
Training for Shuriken Mastery, Kunai Storm, and Smokescreen were slightly rebalanced and made easier.
Shuriken:
Hagi's Shuriken's and Anju's Shuriken's maximum durability were increased.
Does not apply to existing shuriken.
R-Type Special Upgrade effects have been changed from one-handed weapon to two-handed weapon.
Rest pose with Shuriken altered."

It will help make Ninja a little better.. Specially skills like Smoke Screen.

Comments

• VasumatiVasumati
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,375
    They seriously buffed ninja over there?? it's already stupidly strong... it doesn't need any buffs...
  • SAY_NO_toninjarevampSAY_NO_toninjarevamp
    Mabinogi Rep: 460
    This is my time to shine.
    SpkrSylviaWolfeAlmostNotsuperBehelit
  • XeekTheMightyXeekTheMighty
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,505
    Vasumati
    Vasumati said:

They seriously buffed ninja over there?? it's already stupidly strong... it doesn't need any buffs...
    Ninja falls to gunner, while I do admit is fairly strong.
    Smokescreen is actually useless. The rest are nice too.
    SAY_NO_toninjarevamp

This is my time to shine.
    You were born for this. Your mission is complete.

• SpkrSpkr
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,450
    @SAY_NO_toninjarevamp This is my time to shine.

Best comment.

• EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Could anyone post the new rest animation for male/female humans/giants?
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    They really do need to bring this over already. Since the horribly brutal training requirements for some of the skills at the lower ranks are quite the turn-off for brand new players. Which is seriously problematic given that from what I've been seeing Ninja appears to be the most popular talent with newbies these days. So it could potentially hurt new player retention. Since while older long time players such as myself are willing to slog through it a brand new player might not be so accepting of it and quit out of frustration.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    You have my support.

I don't get how this is not a thing for us already... especially since even the JP Mabi already got the Ninia revamp version.
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Not too bad, we just want the revamps, really. ^_^' It's kind of rude seeing that we get stuff wayyyy later.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I would love to see this happen. I am tired of not using it due to not having what KR/JP has.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited June 13, 2017
    Namiri wrote: »
    They really do need to bring this over already. Since the horribly brutal training requirements for some of the skills at the lower ranks are quite the turn-off for brand new players. Which is seriously problematic given that from what I've been seeing Ninja appears to be the most popular talent with newbies these days. So it could potentially hurt new player retention. Since while older long time players such as myself are willing to slog through it a brand new player might not be so accepting of it and quit out of frustration.

I was able to use Ninja when it was first released and it was kinda fun. And then you get to the later ranks and you're in Tir spamming Smokescreen on foxes for hours just to try to get to the next rank. I don't see any issues with Kunai Storm or Shuriken mastery, however. It's been a while since I used ninja, but my mastery is rank 3 and my kunai storm is at 7, close to 6. The rest sits at 8 or 9 with the exception of smokescreen. Not even halfway through B with that one...

New players could definitely see one of their talents going from a nice growth into a horrid grind (especially with smokescreen) and could then assume that all talents are going to start simple and then turn into a horrendous grind that sucks away any and all fun just to get good.

These are combat skills, not life skills. We do not need the grinding of life skills in combat.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited June 13, 2017
    Sylek wrote: »
    New players could definitely see one of their talents going from a nice growth into a horrid grind (especially with smokescreen) and could then assume that all talents are going to start simple and then turn into a horrendous grind that sucks away any and all fun just to get good.

Yeah, that's my main concern too. Especially given the fact that the server populations certainly aren't anything like they were 4 years ago. Making new players all the more important to retain.

Honestly the grind is just much too unreasonable for a Talent that is attractive to newbies. I mean Nexon/devCAT can try to tell newbies that Close Combat and Fighter are supposedly "Beginner Level" Talents all they want. But it doesn't change the fact that most people are just going to flat out ignore those sort of recommendations and go with whatever looks most interesting for them. Which is of course Ninja given this game with it's anime style graphics is naturally going to attract a lot of people who like anime.

Also, I want to take back what I said in my previous post about being willing to slog through it. Because the grind for training Ninja skills just became so absolutely beyond absurd that even I got sick of it and gave up after a point. Shuriken Mastery and Kunai Storm were easy enough to rank up. But everything else was just a giant tedious slog that honestly didn't even feel like it would be worth the effort in the end. I've even had several friends of mine who are also long-time players that couldn't be bothered with Ninja because of this. So if there's even veteran players accustomed to skill grind that feel this is too unreasonable how can we possibly expect newbies to suffer through it...
  • DarkConductorDarkConductor
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    Namiri wrote: »
    Honestly the grind is just much too unreasonable for a Talent that is attractive to newbies... Because the grind for training Ninja skills just became so absolutely beyond absurd that even I got sick of it and gave up after a point... So if there's even veteran players accustomed to skill grind that feel this is too unreasonable how can we possibly expect newbies to suffer through it...

The horrible training that you have to do just to even rank it is horrendous in general. It shouldn't be even a beginner class to begin with; yes it gives the nice stats such as health and strength but the slow the talent progression it has is what makes it not the ideal class for a beginner, especially when he or she is very indecisive about whether to actually invest/ progress in the game or just quit. At least a beginner can get more talent progression in Close Combat than in ninja.
  • AlmostNotsuperAlmostNotsuper
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,240
    Yeah, I'd prefer that this not happen, but I don't really care either way. Ninja is broken both with and without this, and if this should happen here, it will still be a pain to train.
    Sylek wrote: »
    I was able to use Ninja when it was first released and it was kinda fun. And then you get to the later ranks and you're in Tir spamming Smokescreen on foxes for hours just to try to get to the next rank. I don't see any issues with Kunai Storm or Shuriken mastery, however. It's been a while since I used ninja, but my mastery is rank 3 and my kunai storm is at 7, close to 6. The rest sits at 8 or 9 with the exception of smokescreen. Not even halfway through B with that one...

Same with Dual Guns. Ninja is basically Gunner 2.0, with more freedom and safety.