Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Legend of the Balloon Pony

FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
in Art Creations
Based upon a conversation in the mabi discord, I was put to the challange to write a horror story about how creepy the balloon pony pet is. This is from the perspective of a daughter of one of my OC's. If this is in the wrong spot, feel free to move this.

The air this time of year is normally very windy at night. It sounds like howling, low distance screaming to one’s ears at time. Of course, when you live in a village ontop of a snowy mountain, then things can get alittle creepy. I remember that night like it was yesterday. My parents and siblings will not believe me, they say I am only making it up, but I know what I heard that night, and what I saw doesn’t make it any less scary.

I was lying in bed that night. The noises of the night didn’t seem to bother me, so I normally slept soundly. I remember I was home alone. My five brothers were off on an over night trip with a group of their friends, and my parents were out celebrating their 15th wedding anniversary. Being the only girl out of six children, you learn not to be afraid of most things, but this, I was truly afraid. I remember I was dreaming something peaceful. My white and black stripped tiger tail was hanging off the side of my bed and my tiger like ears were always on alert, and then I heard it.

I opened my ice blue colored eyes and looked around slowly. I could have sworn I heard something in the corner of my room but nothing was there. I chuckled and the brushed a few strands of my silver colored hair out of my eyes and lay back down again, closing my eyes. Suddenly I heard a shuffling sound again, I jolted up and there in the corner of my room I saw a large shadow of something.

“Whose there?!” I called out, trying not to be afraid of the stranger in my room.

There was no response, whatever it was just stood there, like it was watching me.

“Come out of the shadows!” I demanded.

To this day I regret demanding that. Out of the shadows was something I had never seen before or heard of before. It was a big, floating, balloon pony. I was in disbelief, surely I was dreaming. Suddenly a gust of cold wind blew thought my window. I remember feeling the chilling wind on my skin. I knew now this was not a dream.

It just stayed there, floating, staring down at me with souless eyes. There no emotion on it’s face. This was like something out of one of mother’s horror stories. You see, growing up, my mother told all of us horror stories. She said it was her past time she did when she was pregnant with my eldest brother at just 15 years old. Father allowed this for some reason, but never had she told any stories about balloon ponies.

I blasted it with my ice magic, thinking that would destroy it. I was wrong. My magic did nothing to it. It just took the hit and floated there. It made no sound. It never blinked at me. I was beginning to get more afraid. My eyes spotted the door. I quickly jumped out of bed and ran towards the door and threw it open, only to let out a loud scream. Standing right outside my bedroom door was a second balloon pony. It just stood there, staring into my eyes.

All I remember after that was blacking out with the screaming of the word pony echoing in the background.

I told my parents and brothers the next day, and they all laughed, telling me I took one of mothers horror stories too seriously, but I swear, to this day I can still see the balloon pony, watching me from the shadows, from the corners of my room, and every so often, I swear I hear someone yelling Pony, off in the distance.
SebastianXerter[Deleted User]猿仙人_SaruSenninNkeonaIyasenuMissFortuneKatherzJillyBean