Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hair Physics

BerryswirlBerryswirl
Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
edited January 12, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
I really want hair physics for our characters. Nexon has proven they have the coding to make it work, so why keep teasing us with it?

Pierrot puppet and transformation has hair physics.
Eirlys, one of the squires, has hair physcis.
Alto, the new pet, has hair physics.

Please stop teasing us and give up hair physics. It could even be an option in the game menu to turn it on or off, for people who don't want or don't care for it.
xDestructionLillith[Deleted User]
  1. Do you want fabulous moving hair?23 votes
    1. Yush!
       100% (23 votes)
    2. Nuhp.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,855
    please god yes we could really use this it can't be that hard to add a bone into longer hair just to make it not horribly clip, if they don't want to make it move, like they do with macha's wig
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Yes the clipping!!! I hate how long wigs look so good but clip into everything!...Including my char.
    Crimsọn
  • LillithLillith
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    I support, would be nice not to have a block of hair that doesn't move.
  • AlalaroseAlalarose
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    i support :3
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited January 13, 2017
    Sounds like a nice plan, but Nexon doesn't like redoing everything just to compete with Aeria Games who have a game with hair physics. Sure it's nice and ascetically pleasing, but Nexon hasn't revamped many of the old features within the 7 years after launch. As much as I would love to see my hair bouncing around like it likely will in Peria Chronicles, Nexon is just going to end up ignoring this forum post like they have with so many of the same topic on the old forums.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It sure would be nice to have hair that isn't just a texture block or doesn't clip through your body when doing anything besides standing stock-still.

And I know it's not "physics" and rather just animation cycles, but I like how the mane of horses and pegasi move when they're running.
    [Deleted User]
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    @Hardmuscle

As nice of an idea as that is, thinking that they are just too limited by the game engine to implement it... I stated three things in game currently that already have moving hair in my original post.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    edited January 14, 2017
    Oh my, so heart broken.
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    edited January 14, 2017
    Oh, no.

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, a little sarcastic because of your comment, maybe, but not trying to start anything here. Sorry.
    [Deleted User]
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    @Hardmuscle They might have only been affiliated through different branches for something completely different from the game physics or mechanics. That video is actually of something from 10 years ago, so both companies might be very different in knowledge and experience at this point. Although, if they are still affiliated, then pray to the RNG gods that Aeria Games can help Nexon with upgrading Mabinogi into something where hair physics can work, Otherwise, we might just have to give up on poor little Nexon.