Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

They should rename bridges as razors

SphereSphere
Mabinogi Rep: 900
edited January 13, 2017 in Town Square

Looks painful.

Which one was your favorite shave?

Oh and apparently this bridge has been nicknamed as the can opener. Source: NBC News

Comments

• TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    And this is why I don't like driving near huge vehicles.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Ok that is obviously a high traffic area and something needs to be done about that bridge. Granted yeah the drivers are stupid, but can you imagine how many jobs were lost because that bridge?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    A lot of these look to be in small towns, so I don't imagine a lot of locals lost jobs/businesses due to low overhead. Though there really should be a required overhead space that all overpasses must meet.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    edited January 13, 2017
    My question is, did none of them stop and think if they would actually fit? Even if they're in the drivers seat just one look at that would have sent me on another route.

Probably.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 17, 2017
    Well I will tell you this, it has probably put quite a bit of people into 1000's into debt. Truck rental insurance does not cover that.

Riperonies.
    Darkpixie99
  • SphereSphere
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Imagine moving house, and these guys did this to your belongings. Remember this, they like to stack the truck to the ceiling, and to the front of the truck. The front of the truck is the first to get hit.

So what would you do to the driver if you found out they did this?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 14, 2017
    @Sphere
    I'm sorry but when I read your comment I was imaging a HOUSE trying to go through that bridge. BAHAHAHA!!!
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Sphere
    Sphere said:

Imagine moving house, and these guys did this to your belongings. Remember this, they like to stack the truck to the ceiling, and to the front of the truck. The front of the truck is the first to get hit.

So what would you do to the driver if you found out they did this?
    I'd be fine if they apologized and maybe even offered to replace some of the items. I would be pissed if like half the cargo fell out on contact and they told me they didn't bother picking it up though.
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    edited January 14, 2017
    For any interested, there is a certain underpass that is very notorious for this:

http://11foot8.com/
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    seen this happen at a highway underpass when I was driving a few years back. Saw the truck was like THAT WON'T FIT SCCCRREEEEECCH truck got wedged with the top ripped off
  • MeyMey
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    I was always curious about this. Driving down the freeway and stuff I see the "Trucks OK" sign and I think to myself.. what if trucks are NOT OK??? What happens then.. and now I know. hahaha!
  • KelpSodaKelpSoda
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    i like china too, ever seen their elevators? wonders of the civilized world, one could classify them as art
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited January 16, 2017
    Wow, how would a trucker explain this to their boss? "Uh, we need a new bridge-I mean route." This is why most trucks should go slow and actually look at the signs posted in front of the bridge. Out of all of them there were only a few going slow enough, but they really didn't know the height of their own truck.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    I remember renting a mid-sized U-Haul years ago when moving from WV to NJ and the rental associate warned us of low bridges like that. They had a few photos behind the counter showing some of their trucks damaged in the past. RIP trucks lol.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    "THAT WON'T FIT"
    @lidiya That's what she said. hue.