Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Balloony Pony :3

Comments

• KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    Balloon pony only pet dungeon please
    Mey
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I didn't use the whistle yet, and messed up my chance to get a 2nd pony. I thought I logged in right after the reset yesterday (around 2:10am CST), so I didn't pay attention to my login (I was busy) today until shortly after 2am (a few stinking minutes ago). Just to find out, I only have the whistle and no other carrot (which means I didn't login at all yesterday; I must have been thinking of the day before). ~ Oh well. ~ One phony pony is enough boloney for me. I guess. :pensive:

Maybe they will extend it another day. It could happen.
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bologna_sausage

Ye but if you used the correct spelling it's not immediately obvious that it rhymes
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Bologna is the meat, but it's a balloon horse so Phoneybalogna wouldn't make much sense.

Baloney is slang for something you don't believe, isn't it?
    "You say that's a real horse? That's baloney!"
    Phoneybaloney seems fitting for a fake horse.
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    etymonline.com/index.php?term=baloney

For maximum confusion, both the meat sausage and the slang term use both spellings - Bologna and Baloney, pronounced the same way. The slang was (most likely) derived from the sausage and spelled that way because Americans can't spell the phonetic spelling makes more sense, I guess.

Can you guys stop triggering my pedantry D:
    [Deleted User]
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    I'm still trying to figure out which dessert could be appropriate for a balloon pony... I might create it only after I finished with my lovely Band Alpaca (name Minimallow).
    I was thinking on selling my second since I don't like having multiplies (even all the alpacas are one of each type: normal, Christmas, Handsome and Band) but then again... is it really a good pet? Is his slowness too much to handle and better just lvl it up without any lvl in mind or...?
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Bologna is the meat, but it's a balloon horse so Phoneybalogna wouldn't make much sense.

Bologna is the city where the Bolognese sauce was created, but that name doesn't mean "meat" or anything, it's just the name they gave to a specific type of sauce made of tomato and meat (that would been normally called "ragù", translation: "meat-based sauce")
    [Source: I live at 40km from Bologna - italians really make it hard with their cuisine, especially the ones in Emilia-Romagna :worried:]
    [Deleted User]
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    I've often wondered about Italians. I wonder how many of them are actually Spaniards. :smirk: ~ but don't let that grab your bones too quickly, because I often wonder the opposite about the Spaniards and think about how many of them are actually Italian. :smirk:

~ Don't ask me to explain my reasoning. lmao. :smirk:

Not being italian makes it easy for me to not grab to my bones anything italian HVKggpG.png
    [As a story-fact: I got an italian super mad at me for breaking the spaghetti in half to ease the cooking - they look me weird when I ask a cappuccino after 12pm - and so on]
    We (all) do that with asians too, so confusing them is a natural part of being human, I guess

To avoid going OOT, here's my screenshot of the pets not created. They were 5 by the start of this event, made 2 and now I'm at 4 again!
    psnY4uX.png
    [Cone Hat Panda, Reindeer, Fez and Pony Balloon]
    [Deleted User]
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    That picture somehow captures the soulless eyes of the Balloon Pony, even though it's noodles...
    [Deleted User]
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    @NekoLily ~
    NekoLily wrote: »
    ...confusing them is a natural part of being human, I guess...
    I totally understand. Here's a Pony-roni to look at. :lol:

2vSOjbf.jpg

Pony made of maggots?
    [Deleted User]
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    I totally understand. Here's a Pony-roni to look at. :lol:

2vSOjbf.jpg

This filter. It's B L I S S!!! I think now I should name the poor balloon pony something like "Spaghettiboy" or idk, spaghetti themed maybe
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    oh no

I didn't need to know this existed

I can't stop

UQAbJoR.jpg
    VimiArjune[Deleted User]
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Ok. I named it Phonyboloney, because I could. Oh dangitall ... I spelled boloney wrong. (I used the old fashioned spelling) .. fml ~ :lol:

as long as you didn't name it baloneypony because then it would be inappropriate lol
    [Deleted User]
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    It stares into my soul O_O
    [Deleted User]
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I will never look at spaghetti normally ever again... You guys ruined it.. It's your fault! :s
    [Deleted User]
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    edited October 4, 2017
    im glad they finally got back on track with the original celtic lore the game was based on

mabinogi_2017_10_03_001.jpg
    Gaby5011
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    LDN1630 (Google it :3)
    [Deleted User]
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Would be nice if you could have got one on two different characters- collect one for one server and one for another, but nope ._.
  • EraleaEralea
    It's too late for this, but, you could've done that. If a character on the same (or other) server has a cumulative level greater than 30; they will get the carrot on login. ~ That said; we have to be careful not to log into other characters with a total of 30 or more, by accident. :/

Actually nah, the carrots are tied to one character. I wrote an unnecessarily long post about it elsewhere.

TL;DR the game automatically selects the first eligible character you login to at the start of the event as your "main character" and all carrots will land on that character regardless of who you log into first later on.

I've been carelessly logging onto my real main since then lel. All the carrots are still falling on that alt whenever I decide to log onto him.

[Deleted User]
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Was about to say- I tried. It only went to my one character.
    [Deleted User]
  • EraleaEralea
    edited October 5, 2017
    And the GM's response that time didn't clear it up either! A part of me really thinks the NA staff might not be aware of the change in the login gift mechanics.

I think I prefer the old method after all - the one where you manually talk to the NPC, who will clearly say "Would you like to select [Name] as the main character? Your other characters won't be able to receive gifts!"

Or better yet, just let the daily gift fall onto whichever character logs in first for that day AND make them bank-transferable.
    [Deleted User]