Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

People training music in the middle of towns.

ArandelLeigholdArandelLeighold
Mabinogi Rep: 1,110
edited October 10, 2017 in General Chat
Did something change lately where people get benefits from playing in front of people while training music? It seems that Dunby always has somebody standing in the middle of town dropping default music training on an endless loop while they AFK. Kinda runs off the actual performers. And I remember that this sort of thing used to never happen because people knew it was annoying, and they'd go train in a dungeon or their homestead or at least off in some secluded spot.
pawcalypse[Deleted User]Clovis15TheNyanCatMeySherriHazurah

Comments

• SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited October 10, 2017
    And I remember that this sort of thing used to never happen because people knew it was annoying, and they'd go train in a dungeon or their homestead or at least off in some secluded spot.

That was back before music became a skill set. WEW!
    Spamming default music in town has been an everyday thing for a long long time. At least on Mari.
    ArandelLeigholdpawcalypse[Deleted User]TheNyanCatSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Um I recall there quite frequently default music playing there before the updates. But yeah go to your homesteads and do that.
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Personally, I would send them a message with vulgarly worded insults on what a jerk they are being. Alternatively, I could try being nice, but eh....
    [Deleted User]
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    The music auto player comes in a variety of tiers, all with different reactions among the population.

The lute: Due to the Lute being rather quiet on its own, these are actually pretty bearable. Only annoying if you wish to play music yourself.

The mandolin: This person has something against the lute. Nothing else.

The flute: A person afk with the flute most likely does not understand that one only needs a Flute to train the moving music skill.
    However, because of how loud the flute can be, they might get some hate or blacklists without understanding why.

The rock guitar: Worse than the flute when in autoplay, especially with how out of place it can sound.
    This player is often young and thinks going afk with a rock guitar makes them the coolest thing ever. It doesn't.

The singer: Has music sounds turned off and does not understand how painful on the ears singing voices are.
    Wants to train music but, like certain players, does not understand the point of a Homestead.
    Very likely to be blacklisted by literally anyone that will remain in the area they decided to afk in.

The Handbell: Literally Satan. This player KNOWS what they are doing. They WANT to annoy people.
    Blacklisted on sight, with no remorse from any side. Most likely already has rank 1 music playing.
    GretaClovis15[Deleted User]pawcalypseArjuneLeiliciaSaiRukiyaoffwithyourheadsAndrewGRand 6 others.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 10, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »
    The Handbell: Literally Satan. This player KNOWS what they are doing. They WANT to annoy people.
    Blacklisted on sight, with no remorse from any side. Most likely already has rank 1 music playing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Me. No regrets. :trollface: But instead i use Music Bottles.

Or percussion instruments. :trollface:
    [Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • SaiSai

3irPH09.gif
    (maniacal laughter)
    BlissfulkillNilremYokkaichi[Deleted User]pawcalypseEraleaArjuneImaizumi[Deleted User]Rukiyaand 6 others.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Isn't there a setting where you can't hear music unless they're in your party? You could just turn on that instead of demanding that people go into their Homestead...
    MissFortuneoffwithyourheadsSebastian
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    I would fully-support an update where DevCat limited auto-play purely to Homesteads, and maybe other instanced-content like Dungeons (just so they won't whine about how they can't use Tuan anymore).
    [Deleted User]pawcalypseDarkpixie99
  • SaiSai
    Isn't there a setting where you can't hear music unless they're in your party? You could just turn on that instead of demanding that people go into their Homestead...
    The problem with that is, when you play music. I mean, actually play music. Your intent is to play music for everyone in range. Randoms and all. Not just yourself or group of friends.
    Random people from across who are just doing whatever hear the music and go "That sounds nice!" and come over, sit down, and listen. Maybe after your song is done, they play one for you too. More people come and you are all taking turns playing music for each other and having fun times with people you've never met before.

At least that is how it used to be long ago.
    Oria[Deleted User]pawcalypseTheNyanCatGretaRukiyaSpiritikaSherriSebastian
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    People use to have to resort 2 macro back in the old days. And they have to put in work 2 annoy peeps with music spam. :o
    [Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Greta wrote: »

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Me. No regrets. :trollface: But instead i use Music Bottles.

Or percussion instruments. :trollface:

I personally prefer Cymbals for this
    [Deleted User]pawcalypse
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Sometimes I wonder whether I'm the only one turning off the music sound
    [Deleted User]NekoLilySebastian
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited October 10, 2017
    Just blacklist them for a month. Total stranger anyways.

If they want something later? They'll have to find someone who still sees them, or wait a month
    [Deleted User]
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    ShouK wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder whether I'm the only one turning off the music sound

If someone is spamming, i turn it off- or just block them.. it solves the issue right there. ;_;
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    There's a reason why I keep my instrument volume on mute.
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    edited October 11, 2017
    There should be a special room reserved for these people in Peaca. >:)
    pawcalypseSherri[Deleted User]
  • KimCheolsuKimCheolsu
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Kouyioue ~ That doesn't get rid of their noise when someone (any random passerby) tries to hear what you're playing. The random passerby gets to hear what you're playing, what they're playing, what she's playing, what he's playing, what everyone is playing, AND, in the middle of it all, like a demon from hell, is some troll with a Handbell. :smirk:

^And that's why I don't like to blacklist the spammers.
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    I haven't had instrument music on in years. Never hear anything but the same dozen or so currently popular songs, anyways.
    Raishii
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    AgentJean wrote: »
    There should be a special room reserved for these people in Peaca. >:)

Yeah somewhere in hell. XD
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yep, lots of people do that. It really makes me angry. >:(