Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

2 cents about Sky Lantern Event...

Comments

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Ellisya wrote: »
    RNG killed the hype.

IKR
    the dream of having HS in Matsuri atmosphere gone in instant in my 10th box filled with nothing but trash
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited October 15, 2017
    Would be better if that RNG box wouldn't contain ANY tailoring materials, because this is what i get 80% of time.
    Also fun fact: i still didn't manage to pull off any animal hoodies or Sky Lantern balloons so far :D
    SherriJazmyn
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Greta wrote: »
    Would be better if that RNG box wouldn't contain ANY tailoring materials, because this is what i get 80% of time.
    Also fun fact: i still didn't manage to pull off any animal hoodies or Sky Lantern balloons so far :D

I guess this also applies to how I find this event useful.
    Free materials for life skill training.

Seriously, keep those and find someone who needs them.
    Get more people to R1 of various crafts.

Couldn't hurt.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    At least it's better than expirable buff potions...........which is what I got most of the time
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 16, 2017
    Nilrem wrote: »
    It has its uses though.

I'm in the middle of training the Tailor talent, and these daily skill seals and ability to get 2x potions from boxes is a HUGE help.

This. The skill seals are helping me to rank magic craft which is tedious as hell to rank. You don't like the event, fine. Other players will find this event extremely useful.

B>Matsuri Lanterns
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Why do the event for the event only items when you can buy what you want and still have enough money left over for anything else?
  • GretaGreta

I guess this also applies to how I find this event useful.
    Free materials for life skill training.

Seriously, keep those and find someone who needs them.
    Get more people to R1 of various crafts.

Couldn't hurt.

I already collected as much as i could, have few of each kind materials stacked into their pouches, kinda too annoyed to stuff my pets with extra materials since i got no more pouches... :/
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    The RNG is terrible, but I did manage to get the matsuri stand for my homestead. If I can't manage to get the yukata and sandals I'll probably end up just buying them from other players, but the RNG isn't totally hopeless, just irritating.
    Sherripennybrenda
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Hinotama wrote: »
    Why do the event for the event only items when you can buy what you want and still have enough money left over for anything else?

Iunno, I usually alt tab and play other games. Being rewarded while doing nothing feels great. :D
    Policroma
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited October 16, 2017
    it works better when you have time to actually stand around.... yesterday I was able to be around almost all day and got a cube balloon, a bunny hood, and 2 of the sweet treats. I'm not gonna have that many attempts every day though, and I'm sure others have way less time to be online. Hopefully everyone can at least get a couple things they need before it ends. it's here for a couple weeks and you can get a reward box every ingame day so I wish everyone luck :D
  • GretaGreta
    Finally got my first animal hood (bear one) and Lantern Balloon. Yayyy.... :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

I got a cow hoodie and a lantern balloon from 5. But what I really want is those matsuri lanterns.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Underwhelming?
    Yeah, say that to the people who have yet to get any outfits or HS props because all they are getting is useless leather and fabrics.
    Jazmynpennybrenda
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Sherri wrote: »
    Underwhelming?
    Yeah, say that to the people who have yet to get any outfits or HS props because all they are getting is useless leather and fabrics.

I think you need to look up the word underwhelming because you're literally agreeing with him while taking like you're not. I am so confused
    RedetsuRhey
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited October 16, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    Underwhelming?

I think you need to look up the word underwhelming because you're literally agreeing with him while taking like you're not. I am so confused

Pretty much. I chuckled a bit.
  • SherriSherri
    edited October 16, 2017
    Underwhelming?

uh
    now I'm confused too

Thought underwhelming had to do with the word overwhelming
    I read it as to somebody saying 'the event is relaxed and not that big of a deal', as overwhelming usually means like 'it's a lot to deal with'

Yes, although physically the event is like nothing, mentally it's driving me insane because RNGesus hates me (i think) X_X

I apologize because honestly I never heard of it being related to disappointing, or it being used at all in fact
    Let's just take in my last post as sarcasm and call it a day? x-x
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    Underwhelming?

uh
    now I'm confused too

Thought underwhelming had to do with the word overwhelming
    I read it as to somebody saying 'the event is relaxed and not that big of a deal', as overwhelming usually means like 'it's a lot to deal with'

Yes, although physically the event is like nothing, mentally it's driving me insane because RNGesus hates me (i think) X_X

I apologize because honestly I never heard of it being related to disappointing, or it being used at all in fact
    Let's just take in my last post as sarcasm and call it a day? x-x

I think it's more like this:

Overwhelming is like "An event that was too emotionally impacting that it stressed you out"

Underwhelming is like "An event that left too little of an emotional impact that it was disappointing"

Underwhelming could be used in the same way as the word "disappointing".

So you could say "This event was underwhelming" Or "This event was a disappointment" and it would mean the same thing.

At least that's what I've always thought.
    Sherri
  • NarisveirNarisveir
    Mabinogi Rep: 550
    Gaea wrote: »
    It has its uses though.

I'm in the middle of training the Tailor talent, and these daily skill seals and ability to get 2x potions from boxes is a HUGE help.

This. The skill seals are helping me to rank magic craft which is tedious as hell to rank. You don't like the event, fine. Other players will find this event extremely useful.

B>Matsuri Lanterns

How much you buying the lanterns for?
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 18, 2017
    Finally got Matsuri Yukata (F), didn't expect getting it in today's first RNG box lol.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    First box I opened today was some Finest Fabric.
    Today is gonna be a long day..