Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fixing RNG events

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    lceCream wrote: »
    The twilight box was well worth it for me. I didn't get the wings but I got 2 trade unlocks, 1 red prot stone, 1 blue prot stone and 2 enchant prot (they don't even expire) All that from 42 boxes

I'm happy that you didn't have the same results as me!
    This is from the last 21 or so coins, but all the other ones were various non-diamond 5cm gems, junk potions like name/chat color and prod failures, and single homestead seeds.
    5ba32d0691.png
    All those training potions are 10 minute versions, and all those gems are 5cm.

I think I got 100% of the garbage from the box, and not a single thing that was helpful or useful.
    And, wow was there was soooo much garbage in the box.
    Totally would have benefited from keeping some of that out of the prize pool.
    YangKoete
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,175
    Seriously though, I'd suggest keeping any prizes we can get from Festia out of the prize pool of other events. All the materials/bags/gemstones.

It'd make the events more worthwhile.

Keeping potions in would at least give us something we can use. My bank's filled to the brim with materials...
    Taffyta
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    You are asking for a guaranteed prize (from RNG prize pools) based on the amount of money you spent. While I'm not against the thought of a guaranteed prize; that is not how RNG works.

I am not asking for guaranteed prizes from RNG, but an alternative method OTHER THAN RNG
    The option to gamble for the possibility of the prize should still be available, but that's all it should be.
    An OPTION
    Anything held within gacha, boxes, loot crate or other various randomised item procurement should be directly purchasable from the same shop as the gacha itself

For example: you want the latest weapon appearance scroll

You should:
    Buy cheap Gachapons till you get the single item you are looking for, which MIGHT be first, or it MIGHT never appear
    Or buy the item outright from cash shop at an elevated price

It's the OPTION that you should not be FORCED to buy RNG heavy objects when it would be a simple matter to offer alternatives
  • iMattxCiMattxC
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    And an update, as I predicted
    Checking shops and asking around canonot find a single person who got that aforementioned Wing Permanence coupon
    So the entirety of Tarlach server is 46 says away.from a mass dropping of now somehow unwearable wings

In the bright side, they successfully removed the Twilight Crystals from all our inventories, just so that in the case they ever roll the event out again you couldn't just plop the first two weeks down immediately, oh wait... That WOULD have been good!

As of now there is no way to get rid of these crappy wings, trust me I tried on day 1
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    iMattxC wrote: »
    As of now there is no way to get rid of these crappy wings, trust me I tried on day 1

Have you tried dropping them?
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    Yeah...The crappy wings are eating up inventory space >3>
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    YangKoete wrote: »
    Yeah...The crappy wings are eating up inventory space >3>
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    They can't be dropped. We're stuck with them. They can't be dropped or destroyed.... and .. omg I haven't tried .. but .. given the previous information .. I doubt we can burn them. (i am too tired to log back in and check.. yawns).. :smirk:
    Ninzerker wrote: »
    Have you tried dropping them?

3fe5ac9365e33bb8a4e5c04896726350.gif
  • YangKoeteYangKoete
    ...HOW!? I tried dropping mine and they're the incomplete ones! O_O
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Perhaps the reason you cant is because they were incomplete, so they remain in the unfortunate event item classification that need to be removed during a maintenance

Anyway less than 25 days till we find out