Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Amazing New Trans

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited November 1, 2017
    I am hoping that our mabinogi team is paying attention to this thread and will consider better options for the release of these new transformations. Meaning NO GACHA. I will gladly pay a couple bucks per transformation medal. But I refuse to do gacha.

-stares-
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited November 1, 2017
    Why people making huge deal of Duke..? His face looks... weird. Probably because fangirls lol.

Where fanboys going crazy for Succubus Queen transformation? Nowhere.
    Policroma
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Siodhan wrote: »
    I actually legit don't mind things like...idk, the preschooler stuff being in a gacha. Whatever, really. But stuff we can actually kill? C'mon. That has to be capturable.

This↑

The normal rule for transfoation was:
    1. If you can kill it then you can catch it
    2. If its a non killable npc chances are it come out from gacha/event.

Yeah well that's obviously not the case and it is bs.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Greta wrote: »
    Why people making huge deal of Duke..? His face looks... weird. Probably because fangirls lol.

I just think he is a cool boss. Peaca is also my favorite dungeon. I have so many memories, mostly dying but eh whatever.
    It'll always be the strongest dungeon in the game for me.
    well now people are gonna think I fangirl over the dungeon itself. Oh well, it's better that way
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sherri wrote: »

I just think he is a cool boss. Peaca is also my favorite dungeon. I have so many memories, mostly dying but eh whatever.
    well now people are gonna think I fangirl over the dungeon itself. Oh well, it's better that way

I wish there was more of a story line about him like they have with the succubus queen.
    SherriWolfandWolf
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    edited November 1, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

I wish there was more of a story line about him like they have with the succubus queen.

There's more plot to her than meets the eye?
  • FreakoutcastFreakoutcast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    Is that the mentality of newbs? Well let me reiterate that I believe that the transformation system should be rewarded for merit, not cold hard cash. Nuff said there gacha lover.

I can't even begin to describe what's wrong with that statement, no sense starting an argument though. All I'm saying is there are too many lazy people in this game that can't even be bothered to do real trading (and video game money is not "cold hard cash"). I find trading and economics in games fun, but I guess that's just me. There's more than one way to earn something.

Not to mention it would be really hard to implement new "monster" trans. Since your transformation rank is affected by how many "monster" trans you collect, adding more would mean lowering the ranks of everyone in the game. Besides, npc trans are FAR more valuable since they are actually hard to obtain and not just "go kill this thing". None of the "monster" trans have any value, even white dragon is like "meh, whatever..."

Also, transformation IS cosmetic, NPC trans offer no benefits whatsoever over the monster trans. They're no different from fancy wings or clothes. Only someone insane would use trans as their actual battle method in a serious fight. It's just for goofing around with and having fun.
    GretaPolicroma
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Duke is a boss you can fight, that should be collectable like Merrow is - and she is an npc AND a boss. Cosmetic or not transformations like that for example should NOT be in gachas. Also ALL npc's should be collectable via collecting medals from the SAGA missions. Or is it that too much effort for you? If you happen to get a rare transformation medal you can of course do your little market thing.

Come at me.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Is that the mentality of newbs? Well let me reiterate that I believe that the transformation system should be rewarded for merit, not cold hard cash. Nuff said there gacha lover.

I can't even begin to describe what's wrong with that statement, no sense starting an argument though. All I'm saying is there are too many lazy people in this game that can't even be bothered to do real trading (and video game money is not "cold hard cash"). I find trading and economics in games fun, but I guess that's just me. There's more than one way to earn something.

Not to mention it would be really hard to implement new "monster" trans. Since your transformation rank is affected by how many "monster" trans you collect, adding more would mean lowering the ranks of everyone in the game. Besides, npc trans are FAR more valuable since they are actually hard to obtain and not just "go kill this thing". None of the "monster" trans have any value, even white dragon is like "meh, whatever..."

Also, transformation IS cosmetic, NPC trans offer no benefits whatsoever over the monster trans. They're no different from fancy wings or clothes. Only someone insane would use trans as their actual battle method in a serious fight. It's just for goofing around with and having fun.

We shouldn't have to spend real money to get them. Pretty much everything is behind a paywall now. -_-
    You just wanna ruin the fun for people. So money hungry.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

We shouldn't have to spend real money to get them. Pretty much everything is behind a paywall now. -_-
    You just wanna ruin the fun for people. So money hungry.

And it needs to STOP. We need to go back to shopping bags, back to buying limited time pets, revamp the freaking VIP service for god sakes. We can still have gachas, JUST NOT FOR EVERYTHING. ****!!!
    SherriShadowtivani
  • SherriSherri
    Which is why everyone should purchase a partner while they are out and hope to God that Nexon notices and thinks;
    'oohHH MAYBE WE SHOULD SELL MORE STUFF SEPARATELY AND NOT GOTCHAPON'
    Maybe not all in caps i dont know
    butletsberealtheywont
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    Seriously, we just need to be able to collect anything we can defeat.
    Unfortunately, I question whether or not the current dev team has the knowledge to make it happen. Sure, they've gotten better at making new items, but it seems like nobody knows anymore how to actually integrate them into the game by means other than gachas. >_>
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited November 4, 2017
    Which is why everyone should purchase a partner while they are out and hope to God that Nexon notices and thinks;
    'oohHH MAYBE WE SHOULD SELL MORE STUFF SEPARATELY AND NOT GOTCHAPON'
    Maybe not all in caps i dont know
    butletsberealtheywont

I am actually going to buy another William. He's great for speed boosts and helps stretch out final hit. Because when you "mount" him final hit doesn't cancel. You can clear out multiple rooms really freaking fast because of him (and my fh reforges kek). I use him a lot and it's going to be nice to have a second one when the timer runs out.
    Shaeli wrote: »
    Seriously, we just need to be able to collect anything we can defeat.
    Unfortunately, I question whether or not the current dev team has the knowledge to make it happen. Sure, they've gotten better at making new items, but it seems like nobody knows anymore how to actually integrate them into the game by means other than gachas. >_>

Nah, we had a new shopping bag this year. You remember those summer outfits.

Also cross empire outfit was supposed to be in gacha but they did release it as a shopping bag here in NA - they did however release the other cross empire items as gacha.

So...they can. They just choose not to despite how much we scream about it.

I will DEFINITELY be screaming about the new steampunk outfits which are set to be released soon. They better be in bags, I swear to God.
    Sherri
  • FreakoutcastFreakoutcast
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,230
    Ok, there's no point in even trying to reason with people so single-minded. This community is even worse than the Payday 2 community. Devs, if you see this, just know that not everybody hates the way things are going. It's just that the ones who do are MUCH more vocal about it and are only trying to start drama, especially on the forums for some reason.
    Policroma