Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Combat Power System Revamp

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
in Feedback and Suggestions
Many players have had this issue where they pick up enough CP that it's nearly impossible to rank anything without resorting to a Perfect Skill Reset or an All Skill Reset Capsule. Regular Skill Reset Capsules are available in shop for 2,500 NX or you can get them from a daily gift if you have service. However, these ones in particular only derank a skill by one. Training seals help, but it makes for an unfortunate crutch that higher CP players have to resort to in lieu of being able to just rank the skill normally.

So I believe we need a sort of Combat Power System Revamp. From what I've heard, new players with beginner's benefits have access to all skill resets at their whim until they hit a certain point. I feel that this should be available to everyone. Make it an offer when you are able to rebirth, gift it to us after we rebirth, whatever. This would be the most simple way to go.

Otherwise, I think maybe we could stand to do away with the Combat Power system. It is a hindrance in many cases, the skill ranking being one of them. However, whenever we had events that require hunting monsters, the drop rate is based off of Combat Power rankings as well and again if a player is too powerful, they would have to switch to an alt to engage in the event. Either that, or crowd the Kitchen Dungeon.

Thoughts?

Leinei or Ruairi
SylviaWolfe

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I wish they would just rescale the current mobs to have higher CP.

It's not like they can't do it. Actually they recently did, in the dungeon revamp, but most of the CP changes were still low enough that you won't notice them if you're running around with 3k CP.

Probably the biggest training problem caused by CP is for r2 Enthralling Performance, because the skill itself is coded with a CP limit (I wish they would do something about that too). All the other skills can be grinded away in the Kitchen Dungeon.
    SylviaWolfe
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    YES... PLEASE....
    it's mindblowing how they revamped dungeons to make mobs stronger and tankier like HP sponges but didn't scale the CP

butttt revamp of CP system prob not likely to happen just because the existence of reset pills. they made those and the CP gears (most recently raccoon cub accessories in gacha) as a bandaid instead of fixing the actual problem.
    Peloi