Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Roleplay Guild project [DEAD]

DarkwhipDarkwhip
Mabinogi Rep: 460
edited January 28, 2018 in Guild and Party Recruitment
Hello everyone.

This project is now dead

Today I write this because I have an idea in head that I'd like to se grow in the Alexina server. For a long time now I've been struggling to find a proper role play community/group/band in Mabinogi among the servers. So far I checked on Mari and Alexina and went to look up on google if there was some sort of RP guilds/community. Actually, I was able to gather pieces of a handful of role players between Alexina and Mari but nothing really consistent or good enough to satisfy my hunger of role play.

So you might be wondering where I'm heading to with this and yes I agree with that. Mabinogi isn't well known and it's player base isn't huge like other MMOS out there, but Mabinogi as a game is to my eyes a MMORPG that is begging us to do role play and enjoy incarnating something we'd like to be, or something that way. And this is where the server Alexina will be the trump card of my idea. I'm not sure to a 100% but I was told (not directly) that Alexina was actually the server with the most players and I believe it would be amazing to create an official RP community within that server and later on maybe spread to other servers, but let's not get too far ahead.

How should we proceed ?

I believe making a topic in this forum to re-group all RP Guilds of all types would be a great beginning. This way roleplayers and new ones could easily find a guild that fits their kind of RP (Semi-RP, Serious RP etc..). Alongside type down RP groups, yes some people like to RP as small groups for personal preferences, but there is no reasons to ignore them, we should instead allow them to raise a hand on that very topic to be able to say « Hey, we're role players too and our group would like to have someone new ! ».

Secondly, teaching role play . It may seem easy to play as a character and fooling around but there is just so much depth to RP that this is why there is a set of rules for each type of RP and basic rules to practice RP. I know teaching RP may be tedious and frustrating but this is how it is, new blood is always welcome in the RP community and that's why by teaching other players how to is going to expand the number of role players to play with.

« But what about you, Darkwhip ? »

I am still thinking over the first step of this project which consist of creating an role play guild which emphasis on teaching RP to players and new players. In this guild, I will explain all the types of role play that I have personally learned with my 9 (or 8 ?) years old RP experience. (Too bad this can't be on my CV, hehe). I will teach the basic concept of role play, creating a character and getting the new blood familiar with the RP vocabulary.
But before all that, I need to know if this kind of project interests the community of Alexina at least a bit before paying VIP for nothing. Though this kind of project is risky and it's chance to work is a big flat 50/50. So this is why I am posting here in hope to increase my chances.

« And what about this guild you spoke of ? »

So like I said, I imagine my self creating a RP Guild which includes all " tiers " of RP: Semi-RP, Serious RP, Hardcore RP. I will personally teach those willing to and introduce RP to players who are interested in. Beside that, I will certainly recruit other teachers I will acknowledge as capable to aid in this project of spreading the knowledge of role play. Depending of the players I'll be teaching, I will make up short events/quests/missions that will train what they learned and explore the possibilities and non-existing boundaries of role play. I'll do my best with the time I have, since I work during the night and I live in Canada so their might be time issues between me and a player.

« Okay Darkwhip, what about I ? What can I do if I want to help you ? »

Are you a role player ? A RP Guild master ? Or just a player willing to give a hand out of kindness ? If you have responded yes to one of those then: spread the word ! Speak to people about this idea/project and refer them to me. I really need to know if this project will interest people or not. If you are a role player and consider yourself as a potential teacher for my Guild then please let me hear what you have to say for yourself, give me all you got to convince me of how knowledgeable you are ! (Yes I'm taking you by the guts ! :D). If you are a Guild master of an RP Guild, I believe we should create an OOC (Out of character) and RP alliance with our Guilds (Once mine is created of course). We could group together as leaders to write down a Lore/Background of how our Guilds made an alliance and why. But of course, at anytime this alliance could be only OOC for the sake of coherence lore-wise.

Finally, I have hope this project can see the sunrise if we work together and I am sure we can create something new and unique in the community. Also, in case this project doesn't work, I hope this topic at least light up a spark in the community to consolidate the RP community.

If you have any questions, please write them down below in the comments or contact me directly.

Sincerely yours,
Darkwhip
Rion_Requiel
  1. Are you interested in this project ?8 votes
    1. Yes
       88% (7 votes)
    2. No
       13% (1 vote)
    3. I am indifferent concerning this project.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• strawberrydreamsstrawberrydreams
    Mabinogi Rep: 570
    edited November 13, 2017
    ,i'm not interested in committing to any guild that isn't already well established because i am going to be looking for help with g3 and the rest of the generation quests,aa(im not in one atm bc i cant decide which one to join aaa) but i would definitely be interested in adding you and asking about and being taught rp things and participating in rp events and things

i haven't rp'd in mabi before but it's always piqued my interest,because just like you i have been very interested in something like this!
  • DarkwhipDarkwhip
    ,i'm not interested in committing to any guild that isn't already well established because i am going to be looking for help with g3 and the rest of the generation quests,aa(im not in one atm bc i cant decide which one to join aaa) but i would definitely be interested in adding you and asking about and being taught rp things and participating in rp events and things

i haven't rp'd in mabi before but it's always piqued my interest,because just like you i have been very interested in something like this!

I fully understand that and I don't plan on focusing my support on questing.
    Rion_Requiel
  • DarkwhipDarkwhip
    Liyeta wrote: »
    In my opinion just make an unofficial guild for now, complete with meeting spot and meeting hour.

I have small interest in roleplay, can i come and watch sometime ?
    Ign is the same as forum name.

Well you see, like I said above the Guild isn't created yet. I wanted to know a bit of the general opinion of Alexina's community before creating it. I plan to wait at least a week before making my final decision which will depend on how people will react toward this idea. So far so good, I've got two persons interested in this idea in their own way. Being part of my Guild isn't important the goal here is to lighten up the role play community to re-group the role players together and show people that Role play is a great thing in many ways.
  • DarkwhipDarkwhip
    Recruitment has started here in this topic
  • Rion_RequielRion_Requiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Hey there! So yeah, I am fairly new here on the Forum as well as the game. But Role-Play is something I am pretty close to an Ace at thanks to my desire and aspiration to become an Author. I am fairly old out of the game though, about 25 years old and soon to be 26 but in the RP Scene I have been pretty active since I was 8 years old. Though my Online RP is more like 2009.

Regardless I would absolutely love to help out with this, so count me in. I plan to make a Character on Alexina (Hopefully with 'Rion' in the name.. >.>).

I have played Mabinogi once or twice in the past but never in a long or steady stream due to lack of interest and the like but I am willing to give this another shot and this looks like a great project to join up on.
  • LinisterLinister
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
    How is the RP community building going? Am very interested, but often forget to search for people in game...
  • DarkwhipDarkwhip
    Linister wrote: »
    How is the RP community building going? Am very interested, but often forget to search for people in game...

We have a guild now, it is named "Roleplay" we have around 15 members and 35 more slots for new members. You can join our discord with the link above.
  • SanaanSanaan
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Hey there! Just joined Alexina since there seems to be a lot of activity on it, my main is on Tarlach but idk. That may change depending on if I find some good community interaction. Is the guild still going good?