Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do you get star pieces for the Sky Shop?

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited December 16, 2017
    Honestly, why are we complaining? You seem to always be acting as if Gachapons shouldn't even exist. There are other things to complain about you know.

I think the main reason is that the gachapon star system was directly transferred over from KR, despite the wishbones for perm tails fiasco, that went horribly wrong.
    People were posting on the forums that even if you completed the event, you would still have to spend $100+ to get a tail from the event shop, even for a RNG one.
    Unfortunately, all effort the community made to make an uproar was never transferred over from NA CM to KR CM.
    Thus, the whale money sink continues...much to our dismay and ever shrinking wallets.
    I couldn't find the KR Christmas Box, but I found a more recent gachapon release and event.
    I shared many of the same complaints during the wishbone event, with suggestions for a fixed reward via currency not unlike wishbones or stars that did not dissipate when the sale ends, if but has revolving merchandise.

That being said, the axiom "Criticism is meaningless from those who offer nothing negativity" is a pretty apt saying if you ask me. It goes double for those who cannot even put out a suggestion. People who cannot bother to acknowledge progress are often so fixed on an issue that their perspective is skewed to one particular factor. I find it to be quite annoying, in regards to the posts I believe to have read from the OP.

The comparison between The Wishbone Event and Shy's Star Shop aren't even accurate, which I decry in the "Event Is Dead" comment. The wishbone event was partially pushed as an event, but an extremely difficult, RNG dependent, tedious one that reeked of being essentially a giant cash grab. Advertising what is mostly a sale as an event is understandably rage inducing. For Sky's Starshop, I never felt I was sold the feeling that this was a thinly veiled event but more akin to the Bingo Gachapon with less RNG. Not to mention we have actual events running. (Granted, booster events, but with an actual game update, I cannot complain.)

In my opinion, having guaranteed prizes per tier is something I'd like to see, alongside currency that never disappears but carries over, and reasonable pricing in terms of the number bought versus currency deal.

I agree on the guarantee part, however the fact of both events is that they both still require spending a vast amount of money in any case.
    I believe I've seen this NPC before multiple times on some KR banners, so hopefully her stars won't be time limited for too long.
    If she does turn out to be "The Star Sale Swap Lady" for more than just one time limited event, then maybe things will work out better.
    (As long as those stars don't vanish.)

Shy's Security event in KR.
    listb_161215_security.jpg

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Honestly, why are we complaining? You seem to always be acting as if Gachapons shouldn't even exist. There are other things to complain about you know.

I think the main reason is that the gachapon star system was directly transferred over from KR, despite the wishbones for perm tails fiasco, that went horribly wrong.
    People were posting on the forums that even if you completed the event, you would still have to spend $100+ to get a tail from the event shop, even for a RNG one.
    Unfortunately, all effort the community made to make an uproar was never transferred over from NA CM to KR CM.
    Thus, the whale money sink continues...much to our dismay and ever shrinking wallets.
    I couldn't find the KR Christmas Box, but I found a more recent gachapon release and event.
    I shared many of the same complaints during the wishbone event, with suggestions for a fixed reward via currency not unlike wishbones or stars that did not dissipate when the sale ends, if but has revolving merchandise.

That being said, the axiom "Criticism is meaningless from those who offer nothing negativity" is a pretty apt saying if you ask me. It goes double for those who cannot even put out a suggestion. People who cannot bother to acknowledge progress are often so fixed on an issue that their perspective is skewed to one particular factor. I find it to be quite annoying, in regards to the posts I believe to have read from the OP.

The comparison between The Wishbone Event and Shy's Star Shop aren't even accurate, which I decry in the "Event Is Dead" comment. The wishbone event was partially pushed as an event, but an extremely difficult, RNG dependent, tedious one that reeked of being essentially a giant cash grab. Advertising what is mostly a sale as an event is understandably rage inducing. For Sky's Starshop, I never felt I was sold the feeling that this was a thinly veiled event but more akin to the Bingo Gachapon with less RNG. Not to mention we have actual events running. (Granted, booster events, but with an actual game update, I cannot complain.)

In my opinion, having guaranteed prizes per tier is something I'd like to see, alongside currency that never disappears but carries over, and reasonable pricing in terms of the number bought versus currency deal.

I agree on the guarantee part, however the fact of both events is that they both still require spending a vast amount of money in any case.
    I believe I've seen this NPC before multiple times on some KR banners, so hopefully her stars won't be time limited for too long.
    If she does turn out to be "The Star Sale Swap Lady" for more than just one time limited event, then maybe things will work out better.
    (As long as those stars don't vanish.)

Shy's Security event in KR.
    listb_161215_security.jpg

Pretty much. My original complaint was how lackluster and event drought the time was. Trying to push what was essentially a sale as an event was just a poor attempt to eat a cake and have it too. It cannot be both ways Nexon. The complaint for me doesn't apply here since there are accompanying events for me to actually partake in.
    Darkpixie99
  • nevyn25nevyn25
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,135
    I kinda like this event. I mean, sure... it still requires spending, but the event period is very long and it gives out some really decent guaranteed prizes. only real downside could be that it still takes quite a big ammount of money to get everything, but as a famous dutch football player said: every advantage has it's disadvantage
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    edited December 17, 2017
    Not everyone can afford everything.

If you cannot, if you are not greedy, then just let it go. It's not really an 'event' but more like bonus item chance for those who've spent $$$ for gachapon.
    KokoroBlissfulkill