Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

It is time to give Giants and Elves Final Hit

LifeguardLifeguard
Mabinogi Rep: 420
in Feedback and Suggestions
When final was first a thing it wasn't that big of a deal because it didn't give that big of a damage increase. Now that it is a giant 400% increase it is time to give it to all the races. To balance this out, I would recommend giving humans final shot and having the damage less for elves. Any other suggestions on how to balance this out?

Comments

• EkaterinEkaterin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
    I have to agree that Final Hit is just a ridiculously overpowered skill now. It's like Bash on steroids. Let's compare:

- Bash 5th hit does 460% damage. Final Hit does 400% Additional Damage, or 500%.
    - Final Hit teleports to the next target
    - Final hit does not have to load between hits
    - Final Hit uses less Stamina
    - Final hit gives 46 STR at r1, Bash 9 STR.
    - Final Hit effectively removes knockback.
    - Bash does stun mobs, but FH hits so fast it also effectively stuns them until they are dead.

Bash was seemingly intended to be "Speed Smash" but you still need to load it every time. Final Hit is the true Speed Smash, doing 500% damage per hit, at weapon speed rate, and teleporting to the next target.

I would either make Final Hit available to all races, nerf the damage (to maybe +10% per level, 150% at r1), or I would change Bash such that once it is activated you do not need to reload it between normal hits. After you start bashing, you just bash. You would need to reload Bash to reset the timer or raise levels, but other than that you bash with normal hits until it runs out.
  • ThoraThora
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    FH needs to be seriously nerfed...... this game needs to be seriously fixed, is too easy now, i see no challenge on it at all now... <.<'
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Fun fact: Maike has Final Hit in his Saga Ep9 RP quest.

I don't see why other elves can't learn it! NPCs are such cheaters.
    ThoraLeiliciaSphyra21SherriSylviaWolfeNewbieChainBehelitDaktaroCrimsọn
  • ThoraThora
    Mabinogi Rep: 770
    Eralea wrote: »
    Fun fact: Maike has Final Hit in his Saga Ep9 RP quest.

I don't see why other elves can't learn it! NPCs are such cheaters.

i would tolerate FH on elves ONLY with daggers along with some sort of Dagger Mastery and a Thief Talent... <3
    (common, the dagger's concept has been ignored for years, wouldn't that be cool?...)
    Sphyra21Behelit
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    Well, daggers used to be the weapon of choice for Final Hit, back in the early days. This was before Speed Sets and reforges, or fast weps like Beholder Swords, etc. Final Hit today is just overpowered, especially with super-high damage weapons (CRK or Beams), speed sets, and all the STR you get form talents and skills.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 5, 2018
    ROFL. Good joke. If Elves and Giants get Final Hit... Then me, as a human user, would like to get Hide action or/and Wind Guard skill. Lolz.
    AykazmieKingEphySherriVeylaineNewbieChainXxBearslayerxX
  • TayjeeTayjee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,000
    Funded Elves are the strongest race at the moment, it's just that you guys don't have an understanding of the end game. You're probably thinking about elves without funding. Elves have the fastest clear rates through out the board on relevant content like phantasm, sidhe (mostly boss), aahm ,rahm, cahm.
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 5, 2018
    Tayjee wrote: »
    Funded Elves are the strongest race at the moment, it's just that you guys don't have an understanding of the end game. You're probably thinking about elves without funding. Elves have the fastest clear rates through out the board on relevant content like phantasm, sidhe (mostly boss), aahm ,rahm, cahm.

Oh i wonder why...... iHUHPgR.png

Ah yes, everyone knows. It's because of their Hide action. Cute.

Just imagine an Elf abusing their Hide skill to avoid combat, when FH cooldown is gone, kill all the mobs with it, and proceed to Hide again until FH can be used again. Christ, i bet such "update" would definitely kill the game for sure, at least in NA server.
  • TayjeeTayjee
    edited January 5, 2018
    Greta wrote: »

Just imagine an Elf abusing their Hide skill to avoid combat, when FH cooldown is gone, kill all the mobs with it, and proceed to Hide again until FH can be used again. Christ, i bet such "update" would definitely kill the game for sure, at least in NA server.

What are you even saying? Mag hits 150-200k+ crits on 0.5s cooldown, crash shots hit over 150k on main target w/ sufficient target count and 40k+ on fragments, and they also have vision for the aim buff...
  • GretaGreta
    edited January 5, 2018

What are you even saying? Mag hits 150-200k+ crits on 0.5s cooldown, crash shots hit over 150k on main target w/ sufficient target count and 40k+ on fragments, and they also have vision for the aim buff...

Ok i wanna see solo Elf using Mag 150-200k crits on potato NA servers with sweet delay in Rabbie Phantasm WITHOUT using any Hide action or any other skills/pets which can reset monster AI. I know there are a lot of Elves who can solo Phantasm, but i never heard if any of them did it without Hide. I know Humans/Giants solo'd on the back of their horses, spamming Lance Charge left and right and using other alternate things like r1 Shadow Bind with best reforges to make it last even longer, or using r1 Sand Burst with reforges as well. Either way, you are useless/weak and have no chances to solo Phantasm without using any cash grabbing Reforges, which is sad af truth.
    Siodhan
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Instead of giving elves and giants FH they should just tweak archery to miss less on NA due to there being such a huge issue here with latency compared to south korea due to america's garbage ISPs and infrastructure along with the size of the land and bottleneck of the speed of light for fiberoptic cables. Elf would have highest single target DPS outside of cali easily (yes even without reforges), human would still have good dmg with FH and the teleport utility, and giant doesn't need FH in the first place with full swing during windguard having absolutely insane AOE wave clearing power to the point my 3.7k giant can solo orbs in wiz elite with it without elemental reforged axe with pretty modest enchants.

Also soloing phantasm is a bad meme that people should really stop caring about, the title is garbage and you're just losing out on reward chests from the expensive pass not running in a full party, along with the obvious fact having 4 people fighting gets you to the chest sooner anyways.

But that aside, people should be rallying for range to miss significantly less on NA and to make magic less slow and weak (yes LR and firebolt are good but everything else is lackluster at best) so elves can be good at what elves are suppose to be good at (as implied by shine of eweca stat caps and levelup stat gains for the races) instead of complaining about final hit and wanting it on elves who can't dual wield and have the lowest str cap of 1700 anyways.
    AykazmieEunyoLeiliciaGretaTheNyanCatSheenaZeoSphyra21WolfandWolfSherriand 5 others.
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    @Lutetium has a point, I'd love for less misses on archery due to bad latency
  • TayjeeTayjee
    edited January 5, 2018

Ok i wanna see solo Elf using Mag 150-200k crits on potato NA servers with sweet delay in Rabbie Phantasm WITHOUT using any Hide action or any other skills/pets which can reset monster AI. I know there are a lot of Elves who can solo Phantasm, but i never heard if any of them did it without Hide. I know Humans/Giants solo'd on the back of their horses, spamming Lance Charge left and right and using other alternate things like r1 Shadow Bind with best reforges to make it last even longer, or using r1 Sand Burst with reforges as well. Either way, you are useless/weak and have no chances to solo Phantasm without using any cash grabbing Reforges, which is sad af truth.

Shadow bind doesn't work in phantasm, and humans/giants lance charge on crystals deers as well with hide..........
    And I also didn't mean 150-200k in phantasm, in regular content. Prob 100k+ only in phantasm.
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    edited January 6, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Humans get Final Shot, Mirage Missile, Stomp, and Wind Guard? :flushed:

I would take that trade. Compared to Final Hit those skills are garbage. Wind Guard is nice only because of GFS, which STILL gets interrupted if a mob hits you. Sure, the damage multiplier is almost 2x that of FH, and it's AoE, but you can attack 5-10 times with Final Hit in the time it takes to pull off one GFS. Not to mention, while GFS is good for bunches of closely-bunched mobs, FH is WAY better for solo bosses or even those same groups bc you one-hit most of them. Stomp is weak damage -- better than it used to be since it scales now, but still nothing like FH. Final Shot was kinda crappy when it came out, dunno how it compares now (I main a giant). Mirage Missile is an extremely niche skill.
    [Deleted User]GretaZeo
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    @Lutetium ~ It's not so much America's garbage ISPs as it is America's geographic size in comparison. ~ South Korea's Super Fast Lightning Speed Network only exists because their entire country is 7 times smaller than the State of Texas. :expressionless:

USA ISP's got billions of taxpayer money to upgrade the infrastructure, but never did.

F--- American ISP's.
    [Deleted User]TheNyanCatSherri
  • Pip-BoyPip-Boy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,760
    Reduce knockback, animation delay, and cooldown and increase the speed of Giant Charge and it'll make bashing much more fun and efficient IMO. Elves don't need much improvement at all since magnum is OP. They can supplement it with rain casting which makes missing more tolerable or just mount a Crystal Deer.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    How about fix the race specific skills instead of just going the lazy and boring way of balancing races, we have different races for a reason and having them all have the same meta dps skill is just pointless.

I think giants are in a decent-ish spot thanks to their recent rework giving them their own version of CRKs and buffing wind guard to be a little more useful than "super meat shield". Elves just need a rework on the same level cause I find final shot a bit underwhelming in NA, I hear it is god tier in Kr which maybe the primary reason it has been looked over. Unfortunately if this really is the case NA elves are out of luck cause most of our numbers are copy/pasted straight from Kr which is ridiculous.
    GretaskpkionZeoSherriVeylaineSylviaWolfebunny11Daktaro
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Would giving elves Arrow Revolver help?
  • lceCreamlceCream
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,205
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    Would giving elves Arrow Revolver help?

I can see it helping beginner archers alot
    Not much use in endgame. Mostly used for finishing deadly enemies and weak mobs
  • EkaterinEkaterin
    A good indicator of just how good Final Hit is, look at the Clobbermeister leaderboard. Just now, top score on my board was 1.35m points, with most of the top 10 being 750k or above. I have zero doubt every single one of those scores is a human who used final hit (I recognize a lot of the names). Best I managed in a dozen tries with Frosted Borealis Hammers using Bash and pretty decent damage gear was 144k, about 1/10th the top score. Yeah, I could do better once I have better enchants and get them to R6 or R7, but I don't think I'll be doing 10x the damage.

Another indicator used to be Boss Trial clear times. All the top spots were humans with Final Hit. Smash-level damage with no knockback and instant teleport to the next target is just super OP. Final Hit is just insane burst damage, if you can call it that because of how long the sustain is. The skill is broken, really.
    SherriDaktaro