Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

It is time to give Giants and Elves Final Hit

Comments

• HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    if they just remove aiming action in FS, like the one in spider shot skill,
    that would be great,

it is really easy to tweak, but i know this game has stop growing "properly" and i'm still looking for another game to sink into
  • FoodfoodfoodFoodfoodfood
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    edited January 12, 2018
    Ekaterin wrote: »
    This thread is so hilariously full of biased opinions and falsehoods. I'd like to offer my own opinion and correct some of the falsehoods.

1. Final hit multiplier is 400%, not 500%.

According to the wiki, it's 400% Additional damage. 100% + 400% = 500%

Overlooked this but the wiki is worded incorrectly then, and if you ask any human player they'll tell you that the skill multiplier is 400%. Here is a screenshot of the skill description.

[img][/img]EMuOe3Y.png

• XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    Yeah, no. You don't need it. Giants have full swing, which is pretty much AoE final hit, and elves have a magnum shot machine gun.

Both races can outdamage final hit EASILY.
    GretaShouKPip-BoyOdinwolfe
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 12, 2018
    Iunno, Final Shot+Ladeca, while later game, competes well enough, and Giants can spam their transformation specific skill, as well as use bash with the giant equivalent to Celtic Royal Swords.

Magic Missile is without a doubt one of the worst skills in the game.

The amount of times I can spam this skill won't even come remotely close to charging any of the intermediate skill in one cast for 5 charges. Nearly every skillset I have can arguably do much more damage, and there simply isn't a place for it via utility.
  • IncubiAlchIncubiAlch
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,380
    Thora wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    Fun fact: Maike has Final Hit in his Saga Ep9 RP quest.
    I don't see why other elves can't learn it! NPCs are such cheaters.
    i would tolerate FH on elves ONLY with daggers along with some sort of Dagger Mastery and a Thief Talent... <3
    (common, the dagger's concept has been ignored for years, wouldn't that be cool?...)

I really like this idea. Yes daggers count as swords but in nearly every other game they're used for a Theif type skillset. I don't want elves to duel wield, despite being an elf myself, because I don't want the racial differences to disappear. Elves don't have the strength of the other races, holding two swords is taxing to the arms. I don't want to see that for Elves.

However, Daggers are light and fast, just like elves. This would be really cool.
  • XypixXypix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,890
    Ugh, just as this thread was getting dead... Can we please just drop this already?
    GretaDkmariolink
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    IncubiAlch wrote: »
    Thora wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    Fun fact: Maike has Final Hit in his Saga Ep9 RP quest.
    I don't see why other elves can't learn it! NPCs are such cheaters.
    i would tolerate FH on elves ONLY with daggers along with some sort of Dagger Mastery and a Thief Talent... <3
    (common, the dagger's concept has been ignored for years, wouldn't that be cool?...)

I really like this idea. Yes daggers count as swords but in nearly every other game they're used for a Theif type skillset. I don't want elves to duel wield, despite being an elf myself, because I don't want the racial differences to disappear. Elves don't have the strength of the other races, holding two swords is taxing to the arms. I don't want to see that for Elves.

However, Daggers are light and fast, just like elves. This would be really cool.

Or Rapiers, so Elves can be dashing swashbucklers who woo all the ladies. ;)
  • DkmariolinkDkmariolink
    Mabinogi Rep: 235
    edited January 21, 2018
    This was an odd and clearly oblivious argument related to "overpowerdness." FH can be outdamaged severely by both magnum shot AND giant fullswing. I laugh if a human thinks fh can clear a room like fullswing with windguard. Humans, again, have versatility, which FH as a skill does embody as it is easier to see bigger returns on fh because the other two race skills require more investment to be essentially broken. It is an easy to use and abuse skill for human players but it gets outclassed eventually. The request to make every race the same because of your own inability to see beyond bias and misinformation is exactly the vein of reasoning that has let combat balancing rot, no offense.
    LutetiumGretayinato
  • jrokoujrokou
    This was an odd and clearly oblivious argument related to "overpowerdness." FH can be outdamaged severely by both magnum shot AND giant fullswing. I laugh if a human thinks fh can clear a room like fullswing with windguard. Humans, again, have versatility, which FH as a skill does embody as it is easier to see bigger returns on fh because the other two race skills require more investment to be essentially broken. It is an easy to use and abuse skill for human players but it gets outclassed eventually. The request to make every race the same because of your own inability to see beyond bias and misinformation is exactly the vein of reasoning that has let combat balancing rot.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wth this double post..?
  • AlignmentAlignment
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Lol no. Elves get final shot and deal the most single target DPS end game. Giants get Windguard + Full Swing and deal the most AOE dmg late game. Humans get the more versatile skill but they don't do anymore than a giant or elf does in phantasm/alban/sidhe. Also, they're screwed if a mob pings.
    Greta
  • TotokeTotoke
    Mabinogi Rep: 995
    Honestly this is just a pattern of the game. Content comes out > People test new content > Balances happen > Harder Content comes out > Players get a boost to adjust to new content> Repeat. You can say many things are broken atm, but that's mostly due to reforges.
  • FalmostaFalmosta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,590
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Humans get Final Shot, Mirage Missile, Stomp, and Wind Guard? :flushed:

Shakespeare has wind guard.... He has the Revamped version of it to :D.

o-o Final hit is fine. Elves just need final shot to last longer and not be canceled on knock down.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    That would be nice. Then all three races would have duel wielding. They should allow freer duel wielding. Let humans duel wield any one-handed weapon, say, mace with bipennis (Shamla duel wields duel Bipennis). Let giants duel wield any, what is for them one-handed wepaon, so say claymore with lance. Elves are supposed to be physically weaker which is the reason they dont get duel wielding but maybe you could let them duel wield any one-handed tools, say blacksmith hammer with gathering knife. Elves would then have a reason to perform the combat upgrades for tools that no one ever uses. So humans can duel wield anything an elf can and giants can duel wield anything the other races can.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Elves kinda already do have it- Its final shot. I havent been able to work it yet, but its still a thing.. Would be nice if they gave giants one though- Not final hit but something along the Final something... :3 Final smash?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Tayloreski wrote: »
    Elves kinda already do have it- Its final shot. I havent been able to work it yet, but its still a thing.. Would be nice if they gave giants one though- Not final hit but something along the Final something... :3 Final smash?

*cough cough* Final Stomp... :trollface:

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Elves have Final Shot+Shine of Eweca. This with the 500% damage of Magnum means it is not necessary for elves, who lack viable strength to make the use of it anyway. (Assuming we also could dual wield.)

Final Shot itself could perhaps use word, but with a 20 minute buff from Shine of Eweca for what is essentially just a longer version of Final Shot, elves are in a great place.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Or you could nerf final hit.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Greta wrote: »
    Tayloreski wrote: »

*cough cough* Final Stomp... :trollface:

In my head thats what i though, but i was to tired and typed smash xD would be funny to see that one.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    It's not a bad idea. You can have stomp at Rank 1 guarantee an in-place knockdown for most enemies.