Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Great Era of Commerce Part 2 Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/75598/great-era-of-commerce-part-2-patch-notes-july-28th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Thoughts on New Baltane Missions/Baltane Elites

Comments

  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,765
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited January 12, 2018
    Honestly, most missions are ridiculous. I needed some time until i learned to do those even on Basic Mode and now there's Elite Missions... NPC's die like flies instantly, i barely get time to run from place to place and saving like 6 NPC's asses while they are shattered throughout various places ain't helping AT ALL.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,370
    Posts: 443
    Member
    I think NPCs could use some buff, when i entered siege weapon elite, IMMEDIATELY NPCs began dying, that's not even fair By any means.

    well yeah, the Mobs definitely get stronger, but NPCs remain the same
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    Posts: 156
    Member
    I think NPCs could use some buff, when i entered siege weapon elite, IMMEDIATELY NPCs began dying, that's not even fair By any means.

    i know, i definitely feel these were balanced to that of the KR players who we all know are ridiculously OP. not even balanced for us.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    Posts: 251
    Member
    i think they just copy and paste it again like all over events...
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    I think NPCs could use some buff, when i entered siege weapon elite, IMMEDIATELY NPCs began dying, that's not even fair By any means.

    i know, i definitely feel these were balanced to that of the KR players who we all know are ridiculously OP. not even balanced for us.

    I haven't had any issue on any of the missions, minus not understanding how they work. I think NA players seem to forget that not all content is supposed to be beatable at any stage.
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 103
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    I think NPCs could use some buff, when i entered siege weapon elite, IMMEDIATELY NPCs began dying, that's not even fair By any means.

    i know, i definitely feel these were balanced to that of the KR players who we all know are ridiculously OP. not even balanced for us.

    I haven't had any issue on any of the missions, minus not understanding how they work. I think NA players seem to forget that not all content is supposed to be beatable at any stage.

    I crit 72k with impale with rank 7 support shot and self buffed with chain brst, death mark and r1 overture.

    The fact that NPC's die like disabled children on a highway is definitely a problem.

    Your assessment is inaccurate.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    edited January 12, 2018
    Odinwolfe wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    I think NPCs could use some buff, when i entered siege weapon elite, IMMEDIATELY NPCs began dying, that's not even fair By any means.

    i know, i definitely feel these were balanced to that of the KR players who we all know are ridiculously OP. not even balanced for us.

    I haven't had any issue on any of the missions, minus not understanding how they work. I think NA players seem to forget that not all content is supposed to be beatable at any stage.

    I crit 72k with impale with rank 7 support shot and self buffed with chain brst, death mark and r1 overture.

    The fact that NPC's die like disabled children on a highway is definitely a problem.

    Your assessment is inaccurate.

    And I do 80k without support shot, your point? With things like barrier spikes, heal, shock, etc it's not hard to keep them alive... If you don't want to do those methods well... Do damage quicker and



    latest?cb=20151014011236
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,765
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    edited January 12, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Odinwolfe wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    I think NPCs could use some buff, when i entered siege weapon elite, IMMEDIATELY NPCs began dying, that's not even fair By any means.

    i know, i definitely feel these were balanced to that of the KR players who we all know are ridiculously OP. not even balanced for us.

    I haven't had any issue on any of the missions, minus not understanding how they work. I think NA players seem to forget that not all content is supposed to be beatable at any stage.

    I crit 72k with impale with rank 7 support shot and self buffed with chain brst, death mark and r1 overture.

    The fact that NPC's die like disabled children on a highway is definitely a problem.

    Your assessment is inaccurate.

    And I do 80k without support shot, your point? With things like barrier spikes, heal, shock, etc it's not hard to keep them alive... If you don't want to do those methods well... Do damage quicker and



    latest?cb=20151014011236

    Wow, rude man...

    Just because someone is not fast enough and maybe they don't have reforges on their items, does not mean you can call them scrubs and tell them to "git gud". Not cool.

    Also, lately i have noticed that potato servers are working again. I keep experiencing delay and weird teleportation lags, which clearly makes things worse.
    TheNyanCatVeylaineZeoAngelsama
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Posts: 824
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    Just because someone is not fast enough and maybe they don't have reforges on their items, does not mean you can call them scrubs and tell them to "git gud". Not cool.
    You don’t even need reforges to do the new missions though.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,765
    Posts: 6,975
    Member
    ShouK wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Just because someone is not fast enough and maybe they don't have reforges on their items, does not mean you can call them scrubs and tell them to "git gud". Not cool.
    You don’t even need reforges to do the new missions though.

    I guess? Anyway, saying phrase like "get gud" won't help person to complete missions as well.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    I think NPCs could use some buff, when i entered siege weapon elite, IMMEDIATELY NPCs began dying, that's not even fair By any means.

    That is so weird!

    Do the squire's stats really affect their survivability in missions?
    I ended up writing that off as a rumor.

    My squires are trained and I'm not having any undue difficulty in missions.
    Though it's either that or how I clear the missions that's the cause of that.

    For Siege Elite, though, if your squires are dying you may want to either:
    1. Once you enter the mission, immediately use the warp point to help them defeat the enemies at the start.
    2. Make a rush for the enemy's giant warp point, whenever you see the message that they're starting a new one, to kill off as many as you can to take the heat off your squires.
    3. Save the Support Unit before dealing with the girgashiy orbs.
    4. Make sure to either save the Support Unit at the waterfall last, or save them all and manually drag your squires up to the waterfall so they're trapped up there, safe.

    Unless... I hope you don't mean squires are LITERALLY dead by the time you load in.
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 103
    Member
    I can 1 hit basic attack most mobs in basic and elite, with exception being the big crystal mobs and the prophets, but my squires either kill themselves(attacking an enemy with counter loaded) or get basic attacked to death in 1-2 rotations.

    I don't need to git anymore gud, as it were; because it's my squires who need to be upgraded, and as stated I took a long break and came back now I'm behind in that regard.

    I think it is quite artificial difficulty to have squires stat dependant in new missions but not the old ones.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,185
    Posts: 903
    Member
    edited January 12, 2018
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    Nice. What equipment piece is that for?

    r5 suffix for chain blade. I think it came out in an event sometime recently as well, or a gacha. I wasn't around though. Too bad it wasn't something more useful lol There's already plenty of good 2h enchants out there.

    Also I doubt that the squire stats actually help them at all. The ones I've trained to near cap die just as quick and progress just as slow on counter attack. Considering you only need one pair alive to pass the mission though, you can just go rescue them every time you complete a stage. Just keep one pair alive. Shock and pets (aoe pets) are great for stunning mobs in these missions too, just a tip for anyone having trouble. The only mission I've failed on elite was knights of the round table or whatever and that was because I got the worst lag spikes which literally made it impossible to attack the wolves. Without lag, none of these missions seem too hard. I'm also pretty decked out though which is probably what these elite missions are targeted towards if you want 100% success.
    I think NPCs could use some buff, when i entered siege weapon elite, IMMEDIATELY NPCs began dying, that's not even fair By any means.

    For siege elite, come up with a pattern. It helps a lot. Here's what I do:
    • Immediately kill all the stupid monsters in the middle area. They love to stun you at just the wrong moment or you'll accidentally target them at a critical time.
    • Free the captured guards. Depending on your damage output, save one or two and then rush back to the middle.
    • Kill all the monsters before they enter the transportation circle. If one or two make it in, don't worry about it. If a bunch get in, go help your squires out (this wastes a lot of time though so really gauge whether they need help or not based on how many got in).
    • Resume freeing guards and killing the central monsters as needed until everyone is safe
    • When the squires show up to help, I typically get them stuck somewhere so they don't get in the way/die/steal drops.
    • Begin hitting the circles to kill the apostle. I typically do two at a time.
    • Kill monsters in center again (your squires are in two places at once technically; don't forget about them in the castle, they can get overrun and die). You can be a little more lax about letting monsters get through because of all the guards you freed, but they Will die off quick
    • Resume orbs until done.

    Like I said, do one or two guards/orbs at a time. You want to keep the monsters in the middle at bay because your squires will basically just lay down and die if monsters start attacking them lol

    This is literally the easiest elite for me though it did seem a bit daunting at first because you have to juggle like three tasks at once within a time limit.
    Pip-Boy
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    Posts: 103
    Member
    Siege is pretty easy on elite once you get the pattern down, yeah, I typically start by freeing 1-2 guards, then preventing enemies from going into the circle, and then do the rest of the Support units until that's done. I haven't stuck the squires yet, might try that.

    I do the orbs last because you have all the time in the world to do those after you finish support unit objective.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Maia wrote: »
    Pip-Boy wrote: »
    Nice. What equipment piece is that for?

    r5 suffix for chain blade. I think it came out in an event sometime recently as well, or a gacha. I wasn't around though.

    Also I doubt that the squire stats actually help them at all. The ones I've trained to near cap die just as quick and progress just as slow on counter attack. Considering you only need one pair alive to pass the mission though, you can just go rescue them every time you complete a stage. Just keep one pair alive. Shock and pets (aoe pets) are great for stunning mobs in these missions too, just a tip for anyone having trouble. The only mission I've failed on elite was knights of the round table or whatever and that was because I got the worst lag spikes which literally made it impossible to attack the wolves. Without lag, none of these missions seem too hard. I'm also pretty decked out though which is probably what these elite missions are targeted towards if you want 100% success.
    I think NPCs could use some buff, when i entered siege weapon elite, IMMEDIATELY NPCs began dying, that's not even fair By any means.

    For siege elite, come up with a pattern. It helps a lot. Here's what I do:
    • Immediately kill all the stupid monsters in the middle area. They love to stun you at just the wrong moment or you'll accidentally target them at a critical time.
    • Free the captured guards. Depending on your damage output, save one or two and then rush back to the middle.
    • Kill all the monsters before they enter the transportation circle. If one or two make it in, don't worry about it. If a bunch get in, go help your squires out (this wastes a lot of time though so really gauge whether they need help or not based on how many got in).
    • Resume freeing guards and killing the central monsters as needed until everyone is safe
    • When the squires show up to help, I typically get them stuck somewhere so they don't get in the way/die/steal drops.
    • Begin hitting the circles to kill the apostle. I typically do two at a time.
    • Kill monsters in center again (your squires are in two places at once technically; don't forget about them in the castle, they can get overrun and die). You can be a little more lax about letting monsters get through because of all the guards you freed, but they Will die off quick
    • Resume orbs until done.

    Like I said, do one or two guards/orbs at a time. You want to keep the monsters in the middle at bay because your squires will basically just lay down and die if monsters start attacking them lol

    This is literally the easiest elite for me though it did seem a bit daunting at first because you have to juggle like three tasks at once within a time limit.

    The Support Unit can actually die?
    I thought once the squires were following you, you were basically at the home stretch.
    At the very least, you stop getting a message every time a new pentacle appears.

    Also for Round Table, Raincasting with a Hurricane Cylinder at the middle tip of the bottom step of the stairs leading up to the spike covers enough area for r1 raincasting to keep all lanes of wolves standing in front of the spikes without attacking for the duration.
    Can really help, so you don't have to keep constantly firing off attacks at wolves (especially in lag), and leaves you free to hunt the reanimated corpses and take care of the pentacle bear.
    Elite's 30 second bear time limit is especially strict, compared to basic's full minute.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,185
    Posts: 903
    Member
    edited January 12, 2018
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    The Support Unit can actually die?
    I thought once the squires were following you, you were basically at the home stretch.
    At the very least, you stop getting a message every time a new pentacle appears.

    If you look over at the area where the squires were, they're still there as well as with you (after collecting the 10 recruits). The monsters still go over there and fight them. Also yeah, the support unit or recruits or whatever they are do die. By the end of my missions I go back and look at them all dead on the ground lol usually there's like a couple of the 10 left standing because I get a little more lenient with the mobs getting through during the apostle phase.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Maia wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    The Support Unit can actually die?
    I thought once the squires were following you, you were basically at the home stretch.
    At the very least, you stop getting a message every time a new pentacle appears.

    If you look over at the area where the squires were, they're still there as well as with you (after collecting the 10 recruits). The monsters still go over there and fight them. Also yeah, the support unit or recruits or whatever they are do die. By the end of my missions I go back and look at them all dead on the ground lol usually there's like a couple of the 10 left standing because I get a little more lenient with the mobs getting through during the apostle phase.

    Does it matter if they all get defeated?

    I never actually paid any attention to the pentacle or the support unit in my runs, after the Squires were following me/trapped at the waterfall.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,185
    Posts: 903
    Member
    If the support units die, doesn't matter from what I can tell. But the squires (at least in my experience) are in two places at once. I assume if they die over in the castle, you lose. I could have experienced a bug or something though so who knows.
  • CicholsbaneCicholsbane
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    Posts: 9
    Member
    Just did my first Elite today: Knights of the Round. Managed a full clear, but the final damage% was at 95. Things to note:

    -Enemies are still largely one-shottable. Of course, they all have double hp, so the warp bear takes twice as long.
    -The barriers you need to breach the round table have way more health, but the barriers the enemies need to breach stay the same. Of course, they hit twice as hard. 1.6k Smash crits, hooray!
    -The swarms at times can be way more relentless than in basic. This is very apparent once you clear the zombies inside the round table and the wolves start trying to impede repairs.
    -A full clear nets 2 elite boxes, rather than 1 elite and two finest. Also, gold coins babeh!
    -If your passes are timed, it will not prioritize the one with the least time and instead do so by bag order.
    Odinwolfe
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Posts: 182
    Member
    edited January 12, 2018
    Well, my all stat 500+ Dai died immediately when Counterattack elite started- even before I pair the squires. I have no problem with completing it tho
    Odinwolfe