Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Upcoming HS Update

Comments

• VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited January 24, 2018
    Policroma wrote: »
    Veylaine wrote: »
    I'd want it more for the streamlined way to sell off expensive bulk without having to be on and not paying a service so you can use some slots for free, not to mention its also streamlined that you wouldn't have to bother asking people for prices. This isn't RS so maybe the rise of merchant clans that price gouge stuff like in runescape won't appear if we got such a feature.

There already are "mercher clans" here. And what you're posting just proves there's no magic, artificial way to combat them.

The only things I have seen work are when 1. Nexon spams the item in a gacha to rapidly increase supply or 2. People stop buying from the merchants which decreases the demand. Neither stops players from trying to monopolize a specific item, but they do allow for market "corrections" to prevent these kinds of shenanigans.

The good news is that there aren't any items that are vastly invaluable to progressing in this game, so most of the merching shenanigans only occur on cosmetic items. Only endgame gear is genuinely hard to obtain, and by the time you're ready to get that, you've probably amassed millions anyway.

Okay then not sure why you're so angry about this. Then let me correct myself of merchant guilds that could take advantage of a GE system and I retract anything I said that implied there weren't any merchant guilds already I just meant it in a way of how the GE like feature could be abused also im just talking about experience from playing runescape which had many different trading rules for a looong time.So as I said in the last sentence this isn't RS so maybe it wont happen , but anyways as I said I just want it more for it being streamlined whether it stops ALL price gouging or some or just regulates it doesnt matter much to me, as I said I want a GE feature more for just convenience.

EDIT: in any case I just wanted to point out that a GE like feature may not solve "price gouging", really weird why you cut off the first paragraph of my post.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Define "angry".
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Define "angry".

so you weren't annoyed by my post then?
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Veylaine wrote: »
    Define "angry".

so you weren't annoyed by my post then?

Conversing about a subject does not imply anger. You'll forgive me for being somewhat amused about now though.
    Veylaine
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I always hated the shop system in mabi. Needs Grand Exchange like in RuneScape. Force standardize all prices. Drink price-gouger tears with a twist of lime.

This is false. Non end game gear holds a general price, as does mabi but end game gear in runescape doesn't. Even on oldschool the only reason a lot of gear holds a value is because it can be broken down, as in blowpipe can be turned into the ammo that a blow pipe uses so it'll NEVER drop in price unless the whole player base decides that a BiS range weapon isn't worthwhile. It's not comparable to mabi.