Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Expand the Gem-gifting Feature

EraleaEralea
Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
in Feedback and Suggestions
Mabinogi has a feature where you gift gems to NPCs and receive items in return.

ifKabQE.png

Right now only a handful of NPCs will do this. It feels like a feature that was sort of barely-implemented and then forgotten about by both the devs and the players. It's a neat thing and doesn't have to be drastically altered, just expanded to include more NPCs and the rest of the gems.

Based on what's already in the game, here are some ideas on what NPCs could gift back:

Clothing shop owners: Like Simon, return gifts could be tailoring materials and expensive gear from their specific shops. Enchanted gear and old production gachapon tailoring patterns for larger gems.

Blacksmiths/Weapon shop owners: Weapons, weapon enchants, enchanted weapons, high-grade weapons. Old production gachapon blacksmithing manuals for larger gems.

Magic shop owners: Like Lassar - clean wands, enchanted wands, enchant scrolls. Maybe elemental removers, mass elementals and poison/antidote potions. Make Weiss give out magic craft materials and suntouched stuff in return for diamonds.

Grocers: Return ingredients, food and homestead seeds. For large gems, return dishes with high stats for Catering use.

Healers: Return potions, herbs, feathers, etc. Enchants and enchanted healing wands for large gems and diamonds.

Church: I would have liked mass holy water but nvm I forgot about the implications of bribing a church figure with material luxuries

Keep in mind that this gifting feature is a bit of a gamble, and that's fine as it is. It would be broken if they gave out the good stuff every time. There should be a balance of junk+goodies, with higher chances of getting good stuff for bigger gems.

Can anyone else think of any other old items that could be brought back into circulation this way?

(This may sound like an odd and obscure thing to ask for, but I do use this feature regularly. Ethna and Voight give out exploration items that can be turned in for quick exp. Recently I tried to bribe Simon for enough Vine-print boots for me to synthesise, but the mountains of rubies coming out of Baltane missions are only 3cm so I mostly got junk out of him...)
LadameJazmyn

Comments

• JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Thanks for this suggestion, it was a feature I didn't even know existed... Ugh... I wonder how many other neat features I do not know about exist? Lol. It would make sense to implement the rest of the gems, and why not add some more NPCs?

This would give us something more to do with the gems we receive from all of the events, too.