Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

NGS has detected a security threat [SOLVED]

ChickendChickend
Mabinogi Rep: 510
edited January 25, 2018 in Technical Support
I have recently ran into this problem a few days ago and it seems to terminate my connection after about 2~10 minutes of being logged in. I use the steam version of mabinogi and the only things I recently downloaded was Nexus Mod Manager and even then I uninstalled that just incase. I reinstalled mabinogi and the problem still persists. I use Avira Beta as my firewall and antivirus, though I never had any issues with it in the past. Hopefully there is a fix. If nothing else works, I'll reinstall through the Nexon's website and see if that works.
EDIT: So I tried to install Nexon Launcher but I keep running into the error that it cannot connect to the internet and try again later. Well looks like I exhausted the options that I could find, and knowing nexon this will probably take more than a couple of months to fix or never.

2nd EDIT: I ended up reinstalling again on steam and uninstalled Avira and installed Avast, so far I have not yet been booted and I am assuming that a recent update to Avira made some sort of conflict with NGS.