Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the RE:Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/74016/re-life-patch-notes-april-28th-2022
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

nerf the advancement tests!

Comments

• Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    Honestly, if we're talking about a general sense of lag/ping, I feel it's somewhat (not on dan tests from my experience) on the server/the mechanics/bugs.

For example on rubberbanding, I will have it happen at least once a day when I play (especially Dunby/Quilla but if this happens to everyone maybe I'm wrong). I have 20-25 ping and 600mpbs speed usually.

Noted this maybe it's based on other factors but definitely having large ping (with unreliable connections) could have a cause. I can't really judge since there probably isn't enough people from both sides in a controlled area where we know for a fact that things like personal issues with your computer aren't the cause.

On terms of dan tests, I wouldn't mind having a nerf on some skills because I can completely understand if you're having lag issues on a very strict dan tests (not like smash or windmill in my opinion).
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 13,035
    edited February 12, 2018
    Pie5434 wrote: »
    having large ping (with unreliable connections) could have a cause.
    It does have a cause. The server is located in Los Angeles, California and the majority of people asking for this nerf are on the other side of the planet. Nothing aside from upgrading their ISP or moving closer (or Nexon building a closer server) will eliminate the High Ping these folks have. In your case, 20 to 25 ping with latency is probably something more along the lines of router location or unnecessary processes on your system. If you're using wireless; consider connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet cable. (The same applies if you're using a wireless mouse and keyboard when considering any delays you may have; switching to wired+denagle will remove the ACK delay & improve response).

• Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    edited February 12, 2018
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Pie5434 wrote: »
    having large ping (with unreliable connections) could have a cause.
    It does have a cause. The server is located in Los Angeles, California and the majority of people asking for this nerf are on the other side of the planet. Nothing aside from upgrading their ISP or moving closer (or Nexon building a closer server) will eliminate the High Ping these folks have. In your case, 20 to 25 ping with latency is probably something more along the lines of router location or unnecessary processes on your system. If you're using wireless; consider connecting directly to your router with an Ethernet cable. (The same applies if you're using a wireless mouse and keyboard when considering any delays you may have; switching to wired+denagle will remove the ACK delay & improve response).

Haha honestly I use ethernet and I'm at school so I really have no choice to the router stuff but it's just something interesting to note. Possibly process stuff; I'd need to check more indepth to make sure that there's nothing running in my background that may cause issues. (I've had rubberbanding since I started 9-10 years ago but for important stuff it's not a problem when I need it to matter like SMs or dan tests) Thanks for the tips tho :>
    Hardmuscle
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I feel ya. I live in LA and I still run into lag issue frequently
    Hardmuscle
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,300
    Just chiming in again, to say I would kill a man for 60 ping!
    Hardmuscle
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,745
    I think dan advancement tests should get a buff to be harder. It's not fun enough.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,185
    edited February 13, 2018
    Rebalance them in general. Some are way too difficult while others are simply too easy. In general, I feel like dan testing should be challenging but not impossible if you are focusing in that skillset. Especially basic attacks for basic talents lol life skills I get, but magnum shot shouldn't be the literal hardest dan to get imo.

I'm all for an alternative method of ranking skills. Perhaps a daily quest towards like 1 requirement or something. If you do the quest, you can't take a test that day. Consider it like bribing the officials to pass your test or something. In fact, how about a cash shop item we pay real money for. Why not? So many other things are pay to- err. Must. Not. Derail.

Also, Dan test for uncap mana shield pls