Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can This Game Not Use my Non-Expirable Pass?

TNinjaTNinja
Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
edited February 16, 2018 in General Chat
Thanks.

I had two passes. One which wasn't going to expire, and one which would.

I also alligned them so the expired one would be on the bottom right, as by the game's usage standards.

Thanks.

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I think passes follow "First in, first out" rules, instead of the "lower right" rules that potions use.
    pawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited February 17, 2018
    What kind of pass are we talking about here? Aren't those usually something you, the player, drop or select in a window?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 17, 2018
    Leinei wrote: »
    What kind of pass are we talking about here? Aren't those usually something you, the player, drop or select in a window?

OP is probably talking about SM/Baltane passes. I think you can only choose which pass you want to use are on Unlimited SM ones. Meanwhile, other passes get taken randomly, at least i can never exactly figure out which pass will be taken first, even bags can't help since i don't understand in what order it gets taken.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    You need to know which bag takes priority first. A simple test is to make sure all your bags is not completely full, then drop a random item like an acorn or something. Then pick it up. The bag that picks up your acorn is the bag that has the highest priority.

I managed to figure that out when I was training magic craft, by observing which bags is filled first with the herbs from ecology.
  • OdinwolfeOdinwolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    You can put baltane passes in the bank btw.

not a real solution but a workaround for this frustrating mechanic.
  • SiodhanSiodhan
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,825
    If it's the same as the unlimited shadow mission and dungeon passes, the order in which you put them doesn't matter for jack. In fact, it doesn't matter WHAT you do. The code looks for the untimed ones first and uses them before it starts looking for any other, EVEN THOUGH IT OFFERS A PASS SELECTION WINDOW SPECIFICALLY SO IT DOESN'T DO THAT.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    I always put the pass that I want to use in my main inventory and the others in bags (that's how I make sure I use the right baltane elite pass if I have more than 1 of the same)
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I think passes follow "First in, first out" rules, instead of the "lower right" rules that potions use.

I really hate this, it applies to bags as well. Only way to change it yourself is to empty your bags, drop and pick them up in the desired order.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I really hate this, it applies to bags as well. Only way to change it yourself is to empty your bags, drop and pick them up in the desired order.

On a side note, how do you actually change the default position of your "main" inventory? The way I have mine set up anytime I use a reforge my gear hides itself under my bags and I need to shuffle them around to get it back out.