Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Fix Upgrade Stones!

ArchlunarisArchlunaris
Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
edited January 22, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hey Guys,

Alright another mechanic I notice we use a lot that's "broken" per say, upgrade stones. In every game I know of other than mabi, end weapon upgrades are a sure thing when you have the resources. Other than the first upgrade, all upgrades only have a 45%-50% chance of success. What this translates too is many unessecary failures, wasted stones, and wasted gold. Whether you are buying them for other players, or doing other activities to obtain them (such as ancient hunting, rabbie phant variants, or other low drop rate methods) it becomes a huge time and gold pit to get a weapon to rank 5 alone, and that doesn't even count for rank 6 (the destroy rank) or rank 7 (the kiss your weapon goodbye rank). Im offering two ways I think would be best to resolve this: 1. increase general upgrade chance from 75%-100% range, this would result in a lot less wasted stones or no waste at all. 2. Sell an item in the NX shop to protect upgrade failures between 1-5, and prevent from destruction from rank 5-6 or 6-7 (if used at this rank, the item would be consumed). In this way it would work much like an enchant protect, and I could see it selling easily at the same price 7,900NX with 1 trade limit and sell very well. [This would allow non-nx users to buy and use it and allow NX users to make gold doing so, win win for everybody]. Vote below guys or post your thoughts. Lets stay away from the "that's op" conversation as it would help everyone if either option was chosen, especially as an item with a trade unlock as it could be sold to non-NX users as well.

Sincerely,
Arch
  1. Should Stone Upgrades Be Updated?20 votes
    1. Yes, lets go with percentage increases for all stone ranks!
       15% (3 votes)
    2. Yes, but I like the NX shop item idea!
       20% (4 votes)
    3. Yes, but we need Percentage increase AND an NX shop item, that will be fair for everybody!
       40% (8 votes)
    4. No, I like the randomness of upgrades, wasting all my gold/resources, and breaking my weapons!
       25% (5 votes)

Comments

• ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    edited January 22, 2017
    From a business standpoint, more money could be made from the #2 option as well, as players could still fail and break their weapons. They would also spend 7,900nx twice (or more if an enchant/ 5-6/6-7 failed), not counting reforges. Please pass this up the chain mods! #NoticeMeNexonSempai
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Archlunaris

From a business standpoint, more money could be made from the #2 option as well, as players could still fail and break their weapons. They would also spend 7,900nx twice (or more if an enchant/ 5-6/6-7 failed), not counting reforges. Please pass this up the chain mods! #NoticeMeNexonSempai
    Also, please DO NOT mention the alban knights upgrade forge, that is barely accessible to anybody and the percentage increase is minimal for ONE useage. That's not a solution, that's a bandaid.

• ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    edited January 22, 2017
    Recent stone useage recap:
    Was making a celtic tribolt step 5 today, it ate through over 50 blue ups, ended up costing me over 5m in buying more stones etc. This did not need to happen. If I wasn't buying them, that would of been weeks of ancient hunting spat in my face. [I mean on the flip side, I have had a cylinder that once went straight to 6 from 1 with no failures using normal stones, but that's the only weapon ive had like that.] Now ill also have to wait for more protection stones to try and step 6 this tribolt. This is just an example to highlight how much we need this kind of update.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    I think you're just being salty
  • ArchlunarisArchlunaris
    Trythis
    Trythis said:

I think you're just being salty
    Its more logic than salt based. But yes I am, because the mechanic doesn't make sense.
    Alalarose
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    Fair enough lol

• DaihauAlexinaDaihauAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Your poll is very biased. Every option indirectly suggests a change in the system in a form of a manner you had suggested. While the average usage of upgrade stones to obtain Step 5-6 is arguably excessive, the Special Upgrade system is meant as an end game weapon modification system. With that said, it's not meant to be an quick, easy, and cheap. The recent events have had enough lucky and protection stones released for free, that I feel the current rate should not be changed. If rates were any higher, there would be a flood of Step 6 and Step 7 weapons, causing their value to diminish. Also, I disagree on a protection item for Special Upgrades to be released in the cash shop because it would make Mabinogi more pay to win than it already is. I believe that choosing to personally use the system and personally upgrade your weapons is under you own discretion and like you've said, has it's benefits when there are minimal failures and has its losses when you fail excessively. It all boils down to whether you are a risk-loving or risk-adverse player. Personally, I buy only pre-upgraded and finished weapons from others for a more average price, as I would rather not play with RNG. However, at the end of the day, the choice is yours, but I strongly am against any success rate increases or protection items released for Special Upgrades.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Where is the option for "I am not a salty baby for playing the game it is suppose to be played?" Upgrade stones do not need fixed. It's called RNG. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have step 6'ed a staff in 8 stones before, while it took 40 stones to step 4 a sword.
    Greta
This discussion has been closed.