Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Severe lag since update

EkaterinEkaterin
Mabinogi Rep: 1,360
in Technical Support
10-second freezes, NPCs and mobs taking a long time to spawn. The game is currently unplayable.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Comments

• GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Don't play on the market server while this event is taking place. People dropping large amounts of items from the sweeping event causes the server to experience load issues.
    I did experience some strange spikes on Mari's market channel but on the off channels the game plays absolutely fine.
  • CiriCiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    I play in the "dead" channels of alexina and I still get these issues too.

I can run Witcher 3 and FF14 without lag or very little frame drop rate so its not my computer either.
    I just started experiencing these issues since last maint..
    Tried commercing again yesterday and bandits would spawn without warning and appear late and I can barely kill them from the lag and fps drops.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Happening to me, too.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    edited March 2, 2018
    I have not noticed these issues yet. try going into options on nexon launcher or steam and click verify integrity of files and see if any of them are missing (I use the steam version but the nexon launcher has a repair option that says something similar) could also be a internet problem so restarting your modem might help and if that doesn't do much you could try doing a ip release which can sometimes smooth out internet problems. here is a guide to do one: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~help/networking/IP_renew.html

usually when there is a problem it is almost always mabi's fault but it doesn't hurt to double check everything on your end just in case :)
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I have not noticed these issues yet. try going into options on nexon launcher or steam and click verify integrity of files and see if any of them are missing (I use the steam version but the nexon launcher has a repair option that says something similar) could also be a internet problem so restarting your modem might help and if that doesn't do much you could try doing a ip release which can sometimes smooth out internet problems. here is a guide to do one: https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~help/networking/IP_renew.html

usually when there is a problem it is almost always mabi's fault but it doesn't hurt to double check everything on your end just in case :)

Not an internet problem for me. I've tested it by opening other MMOs, and they all run flawlessly, without a single second of lag.

So its safe to say this is on Nexon's end.
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    edited March 5, 2018
    To make sure, try pinging to the Mabi servers and check your ping. (https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Lag#Network-Side)

I have rubberbanding sometimes (being only 20-25 ping) however I've never had it to the extent you've had.
  • K4iserK4iser
    Mabinogi Rep: 305
    Yeah this is definitely server-side. It's REALLY bad. It's most of the time impossible to do anything combat-related.

I play on Alexina and the issue seems to be there regardless of server, the CH1 (the market one) is just as bad as for example 5, 6 or 7 when it comes to delays in NPC responses and the time it takes to activate a skill.

This really needs to be fixed asap, now with the potion event it's like three times as bad because of all the drops (I assume). Those of us that want to quest and
  • K4iserK4iser
    Mabinogi Rep: 305
    Weird my post got cutoff.

Those that want to quest and combat are more or less incapable of doing so 16 out of the 24 hours (Some hours seem..decent at least).

Update: It's definitely server-side. I pinged the servers and looked into them, I don't understand how they 1) are still up (they're running terrible, at least the Alexina one) and 2) how some can be unaffected by this. Based on people I've asked it seems to be linked to european players, which seems kinda odd since we play on the same servers and have great connections here (most of us).

Anyhow, hope this gets fixed.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Hmmm... I see no difference. I'm totally fine. o-o
  • Pie5434Pie5434
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,020
    So I asked some Tarlach European players and they claimed everything seems to be fine. Though this may not be an absolute as it's not the same server but hopefully it does narrow it down (oddly though I would have thought someone would have said something on Discord).