Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Question About Artisan Rests

ParleParle
Mabinogi Rep: 400
edited February 25, 2018 in Item/Premium Shop
Anyone know if I artisan reset my weapon with special upgrades and a gem upgrade will reset those upgrades as well?

Comments

• TurquoiseOwlTurquoiseOwl
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    You can't.
    'It can only be used when the Artisan Upgrade is the last upgrade performed.
    If a Special Upgrade or Gem Upgrade is applied after the Artisan Upgrade, the Artisan Upgrade Removal Kit may not be used.'
    https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Artisan_Upgrade_Removal_Kit
    Parle
  • cdnmpmscdnmpms
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    Althuogh I believe I followed Edern's upgrade instructions, I cannot get an artisan upgrade on the Gladius I used. Why is that?
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    @cdnmpms

Do you have 100 proficiency for the Gladius?

How many upgrades have you made to it? The artisan upgrade appears when you've upgraded the weapon normally 4 times. You must use artisan upgrade on the 5th in order to get it. If you upgraded the Gladius normally 5 times already, you will not be able to get the artisan upgrade.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    That off-topic necro though.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Draech wrote: »
    That off-topic necro though.

Man, I really need to start paying attention to the dates on posts.
  • cdnmpmscdnmpms
    edited July 17, 2019
    I upgraded 4 times (normally; state: (4/5)) like Edern said. On rechecking my Gladius' proficiency, I saw the proficiency value had decreased to 40. No problem. I thought. I used a rusty hammer and re-raised it to 100 again. Result: Artisan upgrade remains inaccessible...
    That made me wonder. Do I have to pay attention which upgrades I chose before I go for the Artisan upgrade? Or do I perhaps have to use a reforge or anything?
  • cdnmpmscdnmpms
    edited July 17, 2019
    Oh, just to be on the safe side: By inaccessible I mean that by looking at Edern's upgrade menue, I can clearly see that he has an artisan upgrade in his upgrade list - it's just not an activated upgrade, so it cannot be chosen.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    You sure you have enough Gold on you? The option will be greyed out if you don't.
  • cdnmpmscdnmpms
    edited July 18, 2019
    Greyed out. you say, That is what I meant with inactive or inaccessible.
    I'm sure I had at least the required amount of gold, but stocking up certainly can't harm...
    ... !
    Blimey! IT WORKED!
    Thank you again for your coassistence and advice, Dreach! ;-)

As for the other upgrades with Edern, they were all completed successfully. I might use a Red Upgrade Stone later on, but it isn't necessary to finish the assignment row. *releived sigh* :-)
    Draech