Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

10th Aniversary package sales in a nuttshell.

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
in General Chat

Nothing has been done about them yet, they still plague belvast like crazy on Alexina.

Comments

• ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    And what's the problem? I like buying stuff for cheap. Bought 10 orange prism for 670k :*
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Them boxes actual value is 60m per yet they're selling them for like 20mil per lmao.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Probably better to save them since there's actually bots (at least 1 I saw) selling them like hotcakes for pretty cheap prices... Like why..
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited March 12, 2018
    A common hypothesis is that it's a giant bot related ponzi scheme involving stolen credit cards, and the conversion of said stolen funds as steam wallet dollars to nexon credit. It's either that or hackers.

However upon looking into it further, steam doesn't protect or back people up in terms of credit fraud whcih happens a lot. If one were to encounter a problem, the steam admins just erase the private information without looking into the source of the problem.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    On Ruairi I'm pretty sure they aren't bots, they are players with alts who don't know values/don't want to sell the stuff on their mains. I've bought like 45 prisms, 30 repair kits, some seals, and other junk I probably don't need for a fraction of their value lol
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    ShouK wrote: »
    And what's the problem? I like buying stuff for cheap. Bought 10 orange prism for 670k :*

Duplication, stolen cards, Nexon is losing money, etc.

I admit, I am suspicious of how cheap these things are.
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited March 12, 2018
    The biggest problem is that devcat or nexon doesn't even address or acknowledge their existence at all. In the span of the last two and a half years they've been around, they have never mentioned them in the slightest despite being really suspicious.

I know how they handle player reports is internal only, but these are so obviously bots. They move autonomously, I see them doing npc ptj's for bag money prior to setting up shop in belvast. There are also so many of them, so owning multiple pc's is out of the question as they obviously abuse 3rd party multiclient software. The last thing is their funding, they sell only cash shop items. I suspect credit fraud is at the core of this issue, because if someone went out of their way to spend Literally thousands of dollars on reforges each year, they wouldn't do it for 250k a pop.

They're basically getting free money and charging low prices off someone else's hard earned cash.
    Greta
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I'v made 45m selling the reforges, and 10 seals. I still have 20 orange boxes and 10 more seals to sell. Not having any problem selling my stuff at all.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Froglord wrote: »
    The biggest problem is that devcat or nexon doesn't even address or acknowledge their existence at all. In the span of the last two and a half years they've been around, they have never mentioned them in the slightest despite being really suspicious.

I know how they handle player reports is internal only, but these are so obviously bots. They move autonomously, I see them doing npc ptj's for bag money prior to setting up shop in belvast. There are also so many of them, so owning multiple pc's is out of the question as they obviously abuse 3rd party multiclient software. The last thing is their funding, they sell only cash shop items. I suspect credit fraud is at the core of this issue, because if someone went out of their way to spend Literally thousands of dollars on reforges each year, they wouldn't do it for 250k a pop.

They're basically getting free money and charging low prices off someone else's hard earned cash.

This.

They don't mind lowering their prices either to compete with other bot sellers. That's why I'm probably not going to spend on this package or save it for a while until then to sell.
    I won't gesture anything, but I do urge investigation. A thorough investigation. The idea of "It benefits me, and thus I should support it" is callous, self-centered nonsense that is the hallmark of psychopathic individuals. It isn't whether or not you do as of now, but why one should care. If others are hurt by these actions, I think we ought to be morally decent enough to care.

If people are getting hurt. There is commerce botting, gold sellers, but this concerns items with a real world value attach to them.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    edited March 12, 2018
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    I'v made 45m selling the reforges, and 10 seals. I still have 20 orange boxes and 10 more seals to sell. Not having any problem selling my stuff at all.

Lucky. I see some shop selling seals for 850k, but he probably didn't know it goes for 1.5m-2m... That or I missed a major price drop
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited March 12, 2018
    It's sales tactic, even though they undersell eachother, they're basically playing the public to buy from the lowest priced shop. It's very similar to other sales methods like selling something for 999'999 gold rather than 1'000'000 gold. So in reality they make you believe you're getting a deal so you buy more, even though you're just paying 1k less than their other shops. When that shop is empty, the next shop drops their prices by 1 ~ 5k to repeat the process.

I really do hope devcat is at the very least devoting some time to track who's running these shops and flatten them with a ban hammer.
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Maia wrote: »
    On Ruairi I'm pretty sure they aren't bots, they are players with alts who don't know values/don't want to sell the stuff on their mains. I've bought like 45 prisms, 30 repair kits, some seals, and other junk I probably don't need for a fraction of their value lol

This was awhile back.. but it could be the same thing that happen when peoples accounts was stolen and they had their items for sell at a cheap price, all the shops titles was ******** or something like that, just a spam of some sort.. but their was a few of them like that.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Oh darn. And I thought it was a new trend or sumthing of the Mabi elites. Guess I'll back off and just fund my own boxes. Don't wanna get into the crosshair of sumthing shady. :o
  • TheOthicTheOthic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,525
    edited March 14, 2018
    @Froglord
    here we go again I swear you have a hard on to take down these "bots" and/or "gold farmers"
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Not really. I don't buy from those stores anyway but it's nice of you to assume I do. There's plenty of other things that could be going on rather than people having their identities stolen for GP in a relatively obscure MMO. Just a quick idea would be people cashing out steam marketplace goods, while against ToS and probably risky it's more sound than what op is suggesting.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/14946/psa-investigative-report

Along with more of your FUD threads like yours, I am pretty well sure nexon is aware of the problem and they are not obligated to make a statement on the issue, you demanding it is out of turn. Its obvious nexon can't solve the issue or won't, you have been making these threads for way over a year now, I think they know.
    Lutetium wrote: »
    iMattxC wrote: »
    I call them felony shops because I'm positive they use stolen credit cards to sell gold. It's the same people you see spamming their gold selling sites in chat.

Or it's just currency manipulation to buy nx cheaper than the normal 1:1000 usd:nx rate and nothing nearly as sinister as you're implying, but as Hardmuscle said none of you claiming these things have any [actual evidence] of such, you may as well be saying "it's a GM side operation and they're spawning the reforges and selling the gold!!!1". Not that anyone should believe that nonsense either.

PS if you add these """bots""" they'll actually talk to you, maybe everyone freaking out because people are actually selling reforges on alt accounts so they don't get note spammed when they have none to sell should just try and be social instead :)
    I didn't quite believe the last part my self but when I tried it myself and they actually respond to you
    I won't gesture anything, but I do urge investigation. A thorough investigation. The idea of "It benefits me, and thus I should support it" is callous, self-centered nonsense that is the hallmark of psychopathic individuals. It isn't whether or not you do as of now, but why one should care. If others are hurt by these actions, I think we ought to be morally decent enough to care.

If people are getting hurt. There is commerce botting, gold sellers, but this concerns items with a real world value attach to them.
    wow way to gain allies by calling them pyschopathic, realy really good optics read the "investigative" report thread and see how well that was received. Honestly you people need to a get a grip before you start witch hunts on something that there isn't enough proof for convictions. Yes it makes sense and highly probable but this "High Road" attitude isn't going to get you a lot of support.
    I agree that credit card fraud is the likely case of most of these sellers. However, it is not the responsibility of Mabi players to determine these cases and actually avoid buying from alt accounts. Someone will always buy, and if they don't they'll use this fraud elsewhere.

Credit companies work with fraudulent cases like these and reimburse customers with lost funds, it's their job, not the job of Mabi players.

No one is supporting crimes if they buy from these. The only guilty ones are the sellers
    and Finally
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    The problem with this situation is, we as players don't have any way to confirm the source of their NX (their, or them the alleged wrong doers), nor do we have the right to request such knowledge from Nexon. We can't assume they're "bots" as you call them because they don't use tidy names (they're not automated - the typical definition of a bot). The wrong terminology to describe something that might not be a violation of the terms of use. Example: A person with,... a high paying job / too much free time / more than one computer / no imagination for names / a horrible addiction to online gaming (like 99% of everyone here) and buys large amounts of prepaid NX (cards) ..wouldn't be doing anything "wrong".
    Players like you Froglord, and Blissfulkill are way in over your heads
    Yokkaichi
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Rhey wrote: »
    Oh darn. And I thought it was a new trend or sumthing of the Mabi elites. Guess I'll back off and just fund my own boxes. Don't wanna get into the crosshair of sumthing shady. :o

That's kind of what I assume. After conversing with one, I found English definitely wasn't their strong suit. Though there are plenty of elites that don't speak English great.
    edited March 13, 2018
    Orange Prisms are in quantities of 10 for $35. Isn't a bad asking price now that I think of it.
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited March 13, 2018
    Honestly, some items just shouldn't be bought with NX credit. Prepaid Karma Koin cards are pretty much everywhere at any store that generally sells giftcards. Preventing credit fraud, even in the slightest should be a top priority no matter how much it makes sense, or how farfetched it may seem.

A common example would be consumable items that come with maximized returns. Meanwhile you could still use nx credit for other items like pets or gachapons as gachapons can't be directly sold.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855

Wow, so if we don't agree with you we are psychopaths. If nexon wanted them gone, they would be gone.
    edited March 13, 2018

Wow, so if we don't agree with you we are psychopaths. If nexon wanted them gone, they would be gone.

@THICCthighssavelives @TheOthic
    Depends. Trying to justify immoral actions others do because one benefits from them is indeed callous, self centered, and being a jerk in general.

The action here supposedly being benefiting from cheap AP boosters using stolen funds of real currency, and in the end supporting it because of the benefit of the individual without regards to the victim.

If you disagree or agree on the basis of another argument, then I'd have to hear it. My declaration was aimed towards ShouK for the reason he provided. Reasoning is one component of character, regardless of the actual action. His reasoning had no regards to others. That's callous. I was thus criticizing his reasons and by extension the actions that are propelled by such insidious reasoning.

Of course, assuming that people are harmed in this. It isn't too far fetched for Prisms to be this cheap.

I didn't @ mention for fear of starting an unsavory argument, but I do apologize if you two are offended, as you were no intended to be categorized under such a label. I am willing to stake that nothing suspicious is going on either.

Note: It appears I misread, and that Orange Prisms are sold in quantities of 10 per $30 box. That honestly doesn't seem unusually for them to be offered at such a price, but that is merely my estimate.

TL;DR I was criticizing a line of reasoning I found to be ignoble, which is encapsulate in the phrase "It benefits me, and thus I should support it", which is the line of reasoning I am attacking.
    Sherri