Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best economy update ever(Auction House discussion)

Comments

• JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    For the search bar crashing, I'm pretty sure it's because it is constantly searching with every letter you type.... your first letter probably lists most of the in-game items. If they just made it so that it didn't search until you clicked it (like the Housing Board) there would probably be less issues. Not sure why they thought it would be better if it was constantly scanning.

An extra note, I noticed it was case sensitive. In fact, what happens is when you type something, it searched for any item with that exact text, in those exact capitals.

So if you use a capital first, you'll get, at worst, a minor lag for like a third of a second. Because there's a ton more items with a lowercase a than items with an uppercase A.
    VeylaineTwelieDaktaro
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    For the search bar crashing, I'm pretty sure it's because it is constantly searching with every letter you type.... your first letter probably lists most of the in-game items. If they just made it so that it didn't search until you clicked it (like the Housing Board) there would probably be less issues. Not sure why they thought it would be better if it was constantly scanning.

My search bars were long broken with Party, Housing boards and the Inventory Search a little more won't hurt me haha
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050

yeah it auto searches as soon as I start typing
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    I purchased an item..and the prompt whether to use direct bank transaction or not doesn't pops out and it just straight up takes gold from my bank. So..it basically forces you to purchase with 5% bank fee? If so this really sucks and there's no point of having gold in your inventory anymore.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    It seems that items that have a trade number on them (you can only trade this 1 time) cannot be placed. And also other items that cannot be mailed cannot be placed (revival balloons). So regular shops probably won't disappear completely (especially if you have a TON of things to sell and used up all your slots).

Still, I'm loving this update.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited April 5, 2018
    Auction house is nice and all but That Gold Cap Update is the real show stealer. OMGERSH!!! TYTYTYTYTYTY!!! asdfghjkjkl!!!

anime-clapping-gif-10.gif

Thnx 4 fufilling one of my longtime wishlist. Tho not 100% but the Bank cap is a good place 2 start. Housing cap and check cap next when!?...Anytime_Soon?

Ps. And commas too. jajajjajaja.
    YangKoete
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    It seems that items that have a trade number on them (you can only trade this 1 time) cannot be placed.
    I saw a protective red upgrade stone with allowable trades left: 1 on the auction house though.
    WolfandWolf
  • JaridavinJaridavin
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    It seems that items that have a trade number on them (you can only trade this 1 time) cannot be placed. And also other items that cannot be mailed cannot be placed (revival balloons). So regular shops probably won't disappear completely (especially if you have a TON of things to sell and used up all your slots).

I can put up items with only 1 trade allowed just fine.

Items with timers that aren't enchants though, and some extra's, seem to be a no go though.
    WolfandWolf
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited April 5, 2018
    Auction house looks like too much of a clone of other games, namely this game's somewhat-but-not-really spiritual prequel, Vindictus.

And yeah, auto-search pretty much ruins any possible usefulness this thing has.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited April 5, 2018
    Jaridavin wrote: »

I can put up items with only 1 trade allowed just fine.

Items with timers that aren't enchants though, and some extra's, seem to be a no go though.

Ooooh, that explains it. I had tried it with Cave of Trials items, and thought that it was the "1 trade allowed" aspect of the item that was preventing it.

UPDATE: Wait a sec. I just tried it with a protect pot with a timer from the Cave and it worked this time. Maybe I'm confusing myself, or maybe I got confused between the pot I got from the instant event (nontradeable) and the Cave one.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Auction house looks like too much of a clone of other games, namely this game's somewhat-but-not-really spiritual prequel, Vindictus.

You're stating that as if originality should have any bearing on the quality of this feature. It is the introduction of a commonplace convenience to assuage the playerbase's bereavements over how shops are handled, not a fictional creative work.

I suppose it does make sense if I interpret your complaint as introducing a system from another game that simply wouldn't do well here, but the auction board seems pretty nifty and feasible here. The work around to the Search Bar for now would be to go to subcategories to minimize the possibility of memory crashes, but otherwise fares better than Belfast.
    WolfandWolfVeylaineTwelieWolfenstinTsumikki
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf

You're stating that as if originality should have any bearing on the quality of this feature. It is the introduction of a commonplace convenience to assuage the playerbase's bereavements over how shops are handled, not a fictional creative work.

I suppose it does make sense if I interpret your complaint as introducing a system from another game that simply wouldn't do well here, but the auction board seems pretty nifty and feasible here. The work around to the Search Bar for now would be to go to subcategories to minimize the possibility of memory crashes, but otherwise fares better than Belfast.

I agree! So what if it looks like the auctions of other games? If it isn't broke, don't fix it! You can't own exclusive rights to practicality.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    I feel like there should be some fixes to the Auction House... like being able to see what's selling in auction when you open up. I dislike the auto search because I like to type in one word and be able to see everything that pops up for that word similar to housing boards. You only have up to 36 hours on items, and unless someone wants that specific item, there's low chance of the item being seen. Just my opinion though
    WolfandWolfVeylaineJazmyn
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    buzYSum.png

lol
  • MikuV3MikuV3
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,325
    LF> moar ram
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Just download moar ram
    Tsumikki
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    dang search crashed my mabi with an "out of memory" windows notice. I haven't seen one of those errors in more than a decade. i have 16GB of RAM what is going on??
    WolfandWolf
  • VimiVimi
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,390
    Yeah there's a big lag spike when I first start typing anything into the search bar, but I'm still SO happy this update happened.

I think this is my favorite update of all time. I can FINALLY sell the stuff I could never sell in a Personal Shop that's been piling up for years, AND I can preview/buy the newest stuff from gachas too!
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    edited April 5, 2018
    dang search crashed my mabi with an "out of memory" windows notice. I haven't seen one of those errors in more than a decade. i have 16GB of RAM what is going on??
    tHe aUcTioN bOarD hUNgeRs

gIvE RAM sAcRifiCE
    Erorserv
  • LostLinksLostLinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    So that's why it froze....