Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Dungeon RE:Fine Update and the Beauty Update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69447/patch-notes-october-7th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Best economy update ever(Auction House discussion)

Comments

  • spamellaspamella
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Posts: 13
    Member
    Buyers cannot cancel bids on eBay either. It prevents sellers from fraudlently driving the bidding price up with sockpuppet accounts. Sure that won't be relevant with many items here, but for new gacha items and high-end reforges it very much is. Allowing the top bidder to cancel is a bad idea, imo.
    ErorservMaiaClovis15WolfandWolf
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Posts: 285
    Member
    edited April 7, 2018
    Chibisai wrote: »
    I would agree with this but imagine someone bidding 25m on it only to not win it because someone else bidded 1 gold more over their offer. Moreover, the seller can cancel sale if they don't like it/get crappy bids so yeah...

    Just found out that you actually can't cancel an auction if someone bids on it. One item of mine has a 25m bid and the cancel sale button is greyed out. I guess it is fair that the seller can't back out once a person bids.

    NnlShtA.png

    Honestly, I thought 1 1/2 day is not enough days, but then I thought... I never liked people who takes offers for weeks or even months just to try to be greedy so I'm fine with it now, but maybe have like 1-2 days more for regular listing items (auction is fine at 1 1/2 days)

    I would still like a certain bidding price range though.
    Veylaine
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,170
    Posts: 902
    Member
    edited April 7, 2018
    Reserves would be nice. That way I can set items at 1 gold and if they don't hit what I actually would be willing to part with it for, I don't have to sell it. I do kind of like it the way it is though.
    Chibisai wrote: »
    Another thing I noticed that should probably change is bidding. Let's say you're taking bids on an outfit, and you set the starting bid at 20m and its worth like 30m... people can bid 1 gold over and get the item on the last minute (assuming you can but I'm guessing so based on this picture shown below)

    O1IoLp5.png

    I don't like the idea that someone can bid 1 gold to be a cheapskate and snag it. There should be a bidding limit added (like at least 1m to bid on pricey items and 100k or so for lower prices) Basically, a bidding price range set.

    Edit: Yeah tested it, you can bid 1 gold more on an item lol... And there should be a cancel bid button *cough* And shouldn't take the gold out before the end bid....



    Also for those wondering, you can't just bid 1 gold and snipe items. There is a minimum bid system. For example, I tried bidding 1 gold more on this item and it gave me this error:
    0fda901ac3.jpg

    The minimum bid is even stated under the current bid.


    The only times you can bid 1 gold are: when the item is SUPER cheap (like under 1k gold maybe) because then the min bid is a difference of 1 gold. You can also bid 1 gold when no one has bid on the item- but why would you? You can literally just bid the starting bid amount.
    VeylaineChibisaiWolfandWolf
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 15,860
    Posts: 2,402
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yeah but now everyone is going to use it. Rip housing.

    Aren't we due for an update that kills the Housing Channel anyway? =0
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,170
    Posts: 902
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yeah but now everyone is going to use it. Rip housing.

    Aren't we due for an update that kills the Housing Channel anyway? =0
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yeah but now everyone is going to use it. Rip housing.

    Aren't we due for an update that kills the Housing Channel anyway? =0

    Should be coming up. Hopefully this year/summer/sooner
    WolfandWolf
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,045
    Posts: 1,162
    Member
    edited April 7, 2018
    Why does the game freeze when I try to search for an item.

    Is it that damn font again?

    nevyn25 wrote: »
    came across this beauty earlier on the auction board. it totally won the internet imo xD
    d94CZ03.jpg


    Internalized running dead meme.
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Posts: 256
    Member
    TNinja wrote: »
    Why does the game freeze when I try to search for an item.

    Is it that damn font again?

    Yep, and the fact that it's trying to list EVERY POSSIBLE MATCHING ITEM at once.
    Erika wrote: »
    buzYSum.png

    lol

    So... here's the thing. Mabi is a 32-bit application. 32-bit Windows has a 4GB memory limit, so only about 3.3.-3.5GB of RAM is accessible to 32-bit applications, regardless of how much RAM your computer actually has (my PC has 32GB of RAM, for example). While 64-bit applications can use up more memory as needed, Mabi can't.

    Mabi also renders text very poorly. A large amount of text on the screen is what causes framerate drops/freezes in a lot of cases (opening the message log, going to Belvast market or raids, having quest markers on, etc.). With how the Auction House is trying to auto-fill search results.... it's rendering the text for ALL POSSIBLE ITEMS that match what is typed... which causes the freezing from just typing an "a", for example.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    edited April 8, 2018
    Please use spoiler tags for long quotes to help reduce spam.
    Trythis wrote: »
    . . . . . . . . There isn't any way to see the name of the seller, is there?

    That's a good thing no rich elites can play favorites and if someone is just using it for storage they won't be bothered about something they don't want sold, lastly I think you mean you want to bargian but I think they wanted to make something along those lines but without talking to anyone

    A hot time event item from a few months ago is not worth 20mil; that's the only reason why I'm haggling. There are some really ridiculous prices. But I think you answered my question: they aren't placing the hot time item because they want to sell, they're using it as storage.

    The seller certainly has the bulk of power in this auction house, and I only hope this does not lead to a worsened inflation. Don't misunderstand me, as a seller I do appreciate the fact that I won't be haggled for ridiculously low prices. But I am slightly concerned at the possible consequences.


    KawaiiEvee wrote: »
    Why should bids be canceled? All it does is inconvenience the seller over the fickle nature of the buyer. One doesn't simply "offer" to buy something, then back off because they found a cheaper item. That is rude, and an inconvenience to the bidding system. Which ideally, is what an automated system is suppose to prevent.

    I suppose a compromise is a 2 minute cancellation period, but other than that, don't bid.

    Also the problem on that is I didn't know how it worked at first and when I clicked to see what it did it auto took it and I started freaking, so I tried to see if the persons name was there but to no avail.... (don't ask how I didn't know even though it prompts, state of confusion ok..) So now my bid is going for 10m thing I don't even want and can't cancel it which I find really awful. Or it should at least display the persons name so I can talk to them about it.

    Plus I'd be fine with people personally withdrawing their offer, its not like it didn't happen before this came out, so nothing new.

    I do understand money being taken out before the purchase, so they can't be one of those people who offer but come back to you saying "Oh I don't have the money right now" which can be quite annoying sometimes... asking yourself why are they offering like 10m if they only have 3m. Most times I wait on them til they gather money though, unless its a new item that's really wanted/popular. Overall, love the new system, just a few fixes would make it greater and not so annoying to use.

    Because withdrawing is a jerk move in both situations. The commonness of an impolite or immoral action doesn't excuse any one or group of individuals from the responsibility not to perform said action.

    The difference here is even more clear, since it is an impromptu agreement to pay for it via an automatic system, not a simple exchange of messaging that can easily be reverted. (Which essentially seems akin to accepting someone's bid, requesting a meet up place, then getting there to be informed that the buyer has bought the item cheaper.)

    I sympathize with you in this case, but why a 10 million gold item? If one wishes to test it, then I believe attempting on a lower priced item would be just as efficient, or an item someone wishes for. Although if you were testing the 9,999,999, then I appreciate it, and consider it unfortunate.

    I would suggest for the game to implement a small period of time through which bids can be canceled.

    Although looking at further info, it seems past bids can be saved. So perhaps I am wrong here. Perhaps for bidding, it can go to the previous bid, upwards of three times.

    I'm sorry Bliss. I agree with you on a great many other things, and I hope that what I am going to say is not misinterpreted (because I do respect you), but I will have to disagree with you outright on this.

    Buying and selling is an equivalent exchange. The seller has an item that they want to get rid of, and the buyer wants that item and will pay gold for it. The seller, in this case, can change their mind anytime, take back an item out of the auction house and re-implement it for a different bid range. The buyer, however, is not permitted to change their mind like the seller is. Right of the bat, you can see that this is not an equivalent exchange; one person has more power than the other.

    Why is it unfair or a jerk move for the buyer to change their mind? The seller does not have exclusive rights to the buyer's money bags; that gold is the buyer's property, not the seller's. Nor does the seller have exclusive rights to sell item A; plenty of other people also have item A and have the right to sell it if they wish. There is always going to be competition in an economy, and you will always have to compete with others in both buying and selling items. It is the very heart of a free market. Insisting that it is not fair that you have to compete with people selling Item A for cheaper is like insisting that it is not fair that other people exist to compete against. Until the trade happens, a seller does not have any dibs on the buyer's money; it is the buyer's property until the trade actually happens.

    A bid is not a promise, it is a proposal. It is not a guaranteed, it is a possibility.

    My parents work at a firm that deals with bids; that's just how it is.

    In a more general sense, I think it is a matter of progression in the dealing.

    In other words, I considered the outright agreement than a last second backing over such reasonings to be immoral, but I should not have liken it to rules that should be reinforced like laws, which is essentially how the auction system works.

    Although, having thought it over for the last few hours, I do rescind much of what I said, considering that bids can seemingly be saved on a small scale, to which I propose that an alternative solution in that if the highest bid is canceled, then the second largest bid will be automatically updated. Perhaps a cancellation duration should be in place. (I would think a few hours would then be appropriate here.)

    But you are right. @WolfAndWolf
    I was being indignant over past issues. My apologies. The moral situation I posed personally beforehand is not quite the moral equivalent to here.

    Edit: I hate when they save drafts.

    And I would like to apologize too; I went on a rant without entirely intending on doing so, possibly because I myself had some past issues (albeit from a buyer's point of view and not a seller. Basically, the seller changed the deal requirements at the last minute and pressured me into giving up more than I had originally agreed with. I really should have been allowed to walk away with no one giving me grief about it).

    I will admit that agreeing to meet someone and keeping them waiting is rather rude, but I feel like that has more to do with "you're wasting someone's time" than "this money rightfully belongs to them". If a buyer had quickly changed their mind about buying something right before they meant to meet (especially if the seller changes their mind about the price), I feel like it wouldn't be as bad; the seller could simply extend the bidding duration.

    I hope you understand where I come from and that I don't mean it as a personal attack against you, but just a general statement born out of a past experience.

    Now that we know more information (the fact that the seller CANNOT cancel their item placement after bidding starts), it seems more fair and equal on both sides. Both parties just have to keep in mind that once bidding starts, neither can take their offer back (seller or buyer), so it's something of an actual contract (in a way).
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,170
    Posts: 902
    Member
    What we need is a partial search option. Also appearance scrolls should either have their own tab under scrolls or be listed under "other" rather than NOT AT ALL and you can't just partial search for them.
    WolfandWolfYangKoete
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Posts: 256
    Member
    edited April 7, 2018
    Maia wrote: »
    What we need is a partial search option. Also appearance scrolls should either have their own tab under scrolls or be listed under "other" rather than NOT AT ALL and you can't just partial search for them.

    I believe that Appearance Scrolls should appear under Scroll > Other, if there's any up on the auction board.

    d4HKfhR.png

    Though, yes, a partial search option, or their own category, would be nice.
    WolfandWolf
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,730
    Posts: 489
    Member
    Maia wrote: »
    Reserves would be nice. That way I can set items at 1 gold and if they don't hit what I actually would be willing to part with it for, I don't have to sell it. I do kind of like it the way it is though.
    Chibisai wrote: »
    Another thing I noticed that should probably change is bidding. Let's say you're taking bids on an outfit, and you set the starting bid at 20m and its worth like 30m... people can bid 1 gold over and get the item on the last minute (assuming you can but I'm guessing so based on this picture shown below)

    O1IoLp5.png

    I don't like the idea that someone can bid 1 gold to be a cheapskate and snag it. There should be a bidding limit added (like at least 1m to bid on pricey items and 100k or so for lower prices) Basically, a bidding price range set.

    Edit: Yeah tested it, you can bid 1 gold more on an item lol... And there should be a cancel bid button *cough* And shouldn't take the gold out before the end bid....



    Also for those wondering, you can't just bid 1 gold and snipe items. There is a minimum bid system. For example, I tried bidding 1 gold more on this item and it gave me this error:
    0fda901ac3.jpg

    The minimum bid is even stated under the current bid.


    The only times you can bid 1 gold are: when the item is SUPER cheap (like under 1k gold maybe) because then the min bid is a difference of 1 gold. You can also bid 1 gold when no one has bid on the item- but why would you? You can literally just bid the starting bid amount.

    TFW the community at large is wrong about two major aspects of the new system, and then spend half a week debating how/why it's broken.


    Feels bad man... but at least we know better now I guess.

    JUST KIDDING(?)

    I bid one gold on an item with a minimum bid of 1, it accepted my gold, and then I was told the auction was cancelled and I was refunded my one gold, unless 'cancelled' means that someone outbid you? IDK. Maybe there's multiple conditions to cancelling/min bidding.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Posts: 285
    Member

    TFW the community at large is wrong about two major aspects of the new system, and then spend half a week debating how/why it's broken.


    Feels bad man... but at least we know better now I guess.

    JUST KIDDING(?)

    I bid one gold on an item with a minimum bid of 1, it accepted my gold, and then I was told the auction was cancelled and I was refunded my one gold, unless 'cancelled' means that someone outbid you? IDK. Maybe there's multiple conditions to cancelling/min bidding.

    There's a lot to learn, and I'm wrong for assuming without checking in first (though I didn't want to risk bidding an item I don't want)
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,645
    Posts: 8,619
    Member
    Leinei wrote: »
    Gaea wrote: »
    Yeah but now everyone is going to use it. Rip housing.

    Aren't we due for an update that kills the Housing Channel anyway? =0

    True. I wish there was some kind of confirmation I could get. Supposedly when they implemented homestead housing and eliminated guild housing, there was an uproar and now they have both. I might be out of date on what they actually have right now though.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Posts: 790
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Supposedly when they implemented homestead housing and eliminated guild housing, there was an uproar and now they have both. I might be out of date on what they actually have right now though.

    Serious question since I've never used either, what are the benefits of a housing channel home over a homestead home?
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,730
    Posts: 489
    Member
    Chibisai wrote: »

    TFW the community at large is wrong about two major aspects of the new system, and then spend half a week debating how/why it's broken.


    Feels bad man... but at least we know better now I guess.

    JUST KIDDING(?)

    I bid one gold on an item with a minimum bid of 1, it accepted my gold, and then I was told the auction was cancelled and I was refunded my one gold, unless 'cancelled' means that someone outbid you? IDK. Maybe there's multiple conditions to cancelling/min bidding.

    There's a lot to learn, and I'm wrong for assuming without checking in first (though I didn't want to risk bidding an item I don't want)

    Sorry, I'm not trying to target anyone, moreso joking about how we made assumptions, now think we've figured it out, and it might still be different.

    'tis all a learning opportunity.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    Gaea wrote: »
    Supposedly when they implemented homestead housing and eliminated guild housing, there was an uproar and now they have both. I might be out of date on what they actually have right now though.

    Serious question since I've never used either, what are the benefits of a housing channel home over a homestead home?

    If they haven't changed the requirements of channels, then....Theoretically, if someone were to visit your homestead on channel 3 to buy something, then you will also have to switch to channel 3 in order to get to your homestead. That could get annoying. Other than that, I guess some people might prefer their homestead to be private and a "safe space". I know I use mine for that reason and had to escape a harasser once.
    YangKoete
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Chibisai wrote: »
    Another thing I noticed that should probably change is bidding. Let's say you're taking bids on an outfit, and you set the starting bid at 20m and its worth like 30m... people can bid 1 gold over and get the item on the last minute (assuming you can but I'm guessing so based on this picture shown below)

    O1IoLp5.png

    I don't like the idea that someone can bid 1 gold to be a cheapskate and snag it. There should be a bidding limit added (like at least 1m to bid on pricey items and 100k or so for lower prices) Basically, a bidding price range set.

    Edit: Yeah tested it, you can bid 1 gold more on an item lol... And there should be a cancel bid button *cough* And shouldn't take the gold out before the end bid....

    You shouldn't be able to cancel a bid EVER. Once you bid, you're locked into it until you're out bid at which point you can take your gold back, or until you buy it. I hate it when people ask me to hold items for them because it's very rare they do actually end up buying it, this prevents people from backing out. If this is a problem for you, perhaps you should think before you buy.

    I do agree, there should be a min bid amount something like 5-10%.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Posts: 285
    Member
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    You shouldn't be able to cancel a bid EVER. Once you bid, you're locked into it until you're out bid at which point you can take your gold back, or until you buy it. I hate it when people ask me to hold items for them because it's very rare they do actually end up buying it, this prevents people from backing out. If this is a problem for you, perhaps you should think before you buy.

    I do agree, there should be a min bid amount something like 5-10%.

    It's not a problem for me honestly, I very rarely rescind my offer on something unless I get outbidded/run into greedy people that'll take offers for weeks. As said in previous post, I only wanted to cancel the bid because I was testing it on an overpriced eye coupon but I like that you can't cancel a bid unless someone outbids you

    I've had people who bailed on the items I've held for them so it's not a problem for me, and plus there's no need to wait like a week or more for them to make the gold since you're only waiting on the auction time you've set
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Chibisai wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    You shouldn't be able to cancel a bid EVER. Once you bid, you're locked into it until you're out bid at which point you can take your gold back, or until you buy it. I hate it when people ask me to hold items for them because it's very rare they do actually end up buying it, this prevents people from backing out. If this is a problem for you, perhaps you should think before you buy.

    I do agree, there should be a min bid amount something like 5-10%.

    It's not a problem for me honestly, I very rarely rescind my offer on something unless I get outbidded/run into greedy people that'll take offers for weeks. As said in previous post, I only wanted to cancel the bid because I was testing it on an overpriced eye coupon but I like that you can't cancel a bid unless someone outbids you

    I've had people who bailed on the items I've held for them so it's not a problem for me, and plus there's no need to wait like a week or more for them to make the gold since you're only waiting on the auction time you've set

    I've been blown off by too many people asking me to hold items. I simply won't do it anymore, had someone make me wait 3 days only to tell me on the third day, around an hour or so before I'd be on that they don't want said item anymore.

    I really do not want either party to be able to back out of the auction, otherwise I could start using an alt to ghost bid all my items up higher. Sure you can do that now but you run the risk of not being outbid and losing 5%, and 5% on a rare item is a huge loss to take. While I don't back out of offers I've made, I like how it is right now.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    Is anyone having a problem with the re-bid box? I want to re-bid a different number than is showing, but it will not let me move the cursor. The cursor firmly stays to the left at all times, making it so that if I want to put a radically different number, I must add another zero.

    So I try to change 1,000,000 to 1,500,000. But I can't move the cursor to change the zero to a 5. I can, however, make the number 11,000,000 because I can add another number to the beginning. This is....silly.
    Twelie