Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So...Let's discuss the treasure box event...?

Comments

• EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Some would say we should just be grateful we're getting these reforges for free, however when u see that this is the possibility of what u'd get even if u did buy the reforges, it just infuriates me even more, knowing that i'd get screwed over this hard after spending $50.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    Encrovian wrote: »
    Some would say we should just be grateful we're getting these reforges for free, however when u see that this is the possibility of what u'd get even if u did buy the reforges, it just infuriates me even more, knowing that i'd get screwed over this hard after spending $50.

I agree and that's why I don't reforge my stuff often unless it's free reforges or an item that comes r1 already
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    You guys never did reforges .-.
  • ChibisaiChibisai
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    I got a credne reforge (idr if it was from a restored box/hidden chest or dropped out of the chest), reforged my knuckle and got 3 lines with that credne :' ) it was only on my main as well since I was too lazy to do my alts until now

As fine reforges... I do feel like it's rigged since it's free and all
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    I feel like my shurikens are rank 2. But they are rank 1. :(
  • ArjuneArjune
    so far I've used 6 crednes and about 27 fine reforges on a tailoring kit and it's 3 lines and rank 2 so far. I'm really happy for the money this has saved me. those reforges would have cost well around 20 mil in gold :P and it's still not even r1 yet
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Chibisai wrote: »
    I got a credne reforge (idr if it was from a restored box/hidden chest or dropped out of the chest), reforged my knuckle and got 3 lines with that credne :' ) it was only on my main as well since I was too lazy to do my alts until now

As fine reforges... I do feel like it's rigged since it's free and all

Reforges are rigged to begin with.
    VeylaineTheNyanCat
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 15, 2018
    Arjune wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Stomp Attack Range Level 1 for my Human? Really Nexon? You should make some kind of filter or something on Race-based reforges...

I think refined reforge plus does that

Yeah i was thinking that, but come on... Extra NX for something like this? Really Nexon...

Also i always used to get at least 2-3 lines on the first two tries with Credne, so that's why i'm kinda surprised that i used Credne twice and i'm still stuck at single line with crappy 1-5 level reforge.
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Also i always used to get at least 2-3 lines on the first two tries with Credne, so that's why i'm kinda surprised that i used Credne twice and i'm still stuck at single line with crappy 1-5 level reforge.
    Lol 2 crednes is nothing. I once used 9 crednes and 7 crednes and the amount of lines still stay the same.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    it could be worse.

it could be the dumb cubing system from maple story.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    ShouK wrote: »
    Lol 2 crednes is nothing. I once used 9 crednes and 7 crednes and the amount of lines still stay the same.

Wow... That luck lol.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I have yet to get any reforges, but I should probably up my chances by 7 times by actually using all 8 of my characters and not just one. So far, it's just been incomplete chests with some wax wings and then an incomplete commerce reforging tool.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    This game.
    >Reforges my r1 heavy armor
    >Final Shot duration lvl 9
    >Elf skill, I'm human
    >Archery skill
    >Archery requires you to have Dexterity
    >Reforge gets put on Heavy armor
    >Heavy armor kills Dexterity.

Can we not do this?
    Why is this allowed to happen?
    pawcalypse
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    edited April 16, 2018
    Harukari wrote: »
    This game.
    >Reforges my r1 heavy armor
    >Final Shot duration lvl 9
    >Elf skill, I'm human
    >Archery skill
    >Archery requires you to have Dexterity
    >Reforge gets put on Heavy armor
    >Heavy armor kills Dexterity.

Can we not do this?
    Why is this allowed to happen?

Got final hit cooldown 19 on my hat. I'm an elf. Rerolled. Bonus: I hate final hit. So annoying.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited April 16, 2018
    used 7 more reforges on that tailoring kit today an it hit r1. used 1 more and got tailoring quality 20 :) I can say I'm quite pleased. Especially since the reforges were free and it took around 35 fines and 6 crednes in total. I love this event. Now I gotta get more crednes so I can work on the r1 gloomy sunday that's been sitting in a pet for months. it's from an old gacha...depending what I get on it I might replace my current gloomy
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Huh. I got a 20 mana shield roll on a random r1 glove I had sitting in my wardrobe. But it's one line so I'm conflicted whether to keep or reroll crednes over it till I get 3 lines. :(
  • AulivianAulivian
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I really enjoy these events because they get me to come back to the game and play again. It's something new to talk about and brings players together, even if they're only coming together to talk about how much they hate the event!

That's the best part of all of these events, at least to me. The reforges are a nice bonus, too.
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Its been about a week now? From all the reforges i got i would say this was trash so far. The only thing i was excited about was getting lvl 19 IS on my gloves, but thats it. Considering how many reforges i've used, i feel like this is such a waste when i get nothing after 2 hours of doing the event. Screw reforges~
  • BronzebreakBronzebreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,940
    Encrovian wrote: »
    Its been about a week now? From all the reforges i got i would say this was trash so far. The only thing i was excited about was getting lvl 19 IS on my gloves, but thats it. Considering how many reforges i've used, i feel like this is such a waste when i get nothing after 2 hours of doing the event. Screw reforges~

This is true regardless of if you get the reforges from the NX shop or for 'free'. Events like this don't help my aversion to reforges.

I am hoping though that I can get at least one of my Cress parts to r1 in the meantime, as I give up on trying to get good rolls on pre-r1d items.
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Everyday i ask myself if this event is even worth doing....every day i spend nearly 2 hours doing it. Out of all the reforges i get, i havent managed to get anything to rank 1. None of my personalized things have gotten a reforge i've been trying to get. My hatred for this event is growing yet i dont give up on it. :/