Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

So...Let's discuss the treasure box event...?

Comments

• ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Encrovian wrote: »
    Out of all the reforges i get, i havent managed to get anything to rank 1.
    Your expectation is too high. Don’t expect to get anything to rank 1 with just few reforges lol Getting R2>R1 is significantly harder than R3>R2.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    If ur making gears 4 use. Get pre-r1 items. If free reforges is the only time Ur doing it. Ranking an odd item to r1 is expected to take more than 100+ fine reforges on avg.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    RNG is RNG lol I've used almost all my reforges on my chains for this event. Out of 70 fine reforges and a few credne's I'm sitting at rank 3, 3 line garbage. Alternatively, a glove I used a few on got magnum shot 19, bow max 4, and lullaby targets 5 so I'm not sure how to feel. Too bad archery kind of sucks though.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    I like it because it gives new players a chance for fine reforges, dye to make money or look better, and even better, get a upply of nao stones. They will probably be dying more than experienced players, and need it more!

Overall its a decent, fast event. Gives AP, and other useful stuff for newer players. Gives fine reforges for more poor higher level players. I see nothing wrong with it.

Changes to how you get the keys I'd enjoy, like maybe them dropping from mobs instead of just being a afk fest.
    Maybe fresher things like newer costumes in the boxes, Maybe add a special boss round after doing the daily x amount of times or smth.
  • RheyRhey
    I just hate when u d/c in the middle of it...and the entire run is compromised. I think there should be a middle ground about this issue.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Rhey wrote: »
    I just hate when u d/c in the middle of it...and the entire run is compromised. I think there should be a middle ground about this issue.

Disconnecting from instanced, solo content should freeze the content until you reconnect to continue.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Disconnecting from instanced, solo content should freeze the content until you reconnect to continue.

Isn't it not solo, though?

You can enter alone, but I think it allows for up to 3 players to run the event together.
    Greta
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    @Iyasenu o i did not know this.

maybe the content and the other players should all get frozen until the missing player reconnects. lol that's one extreme. the other extreme is to keep the disconnected player in the game for 5 minutes or so as if they were afk. will they die? probably, but it's preferable over losing their place in the content.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I stopped doing it, cause I am absolutely tired of getting Final Shot Duration on my heavy armor, over and over again
    No motivation to even get on mabi at this point tbh.
  • RheyRhey
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Isn't it not solo, though?

You can enter alone, but I think it allows for up to 3 players to run the event together.

Maybe a compromise or sumthin along da line same as dungeon instances?
    Harukari wrote: »
    I stopped doing it, cause I am absolutely tired of getting Final Shot Duration on my heavy armor, over and over again
    No motivation to even get on mabi at this point tbh.

Ur losing out on the best/Quickest money scheme. Only reason why I'm even doing this event. I have no need for anything from this event personally myself either.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Finally got Crisis range on my hat *-* level 19 too!
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

I rerolled my 13 helm to try to get higher. I got 13 again after like 30-40 reforges. Idk i lost count. I gave up on it and moved onto other things.

Does anyone think that these reforges are rigged for the event? Idk how they can all be so bad. Am i just RLY unlucky?
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Gaby5011 wrote: »

I rerolled my 13 helm to try to get higher. I got 13 again after like 30-40 reforges. Idk i lost count. I gave up on it and moved onto other things.

Does anyone think that these reforges are rigged for the event? Idk how they can all be so bad. Am i just RLY unlucky?

RNG. It's been said before but reforging is just gambling-RNG-constarigged. It's not just this event, just more people experiencing it at once
  • EncrovianEncrovian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    I'm just......so sick of this event. If im being honest i'd rather they just put reforges on sale. Obviously this event isn't doing me any favors when it comes to reforging.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I'm just......so sick of this event. If im being honest i'd rather they just put reforges on sale. Obviously this event isn't doing me any favors when it comes to reforging.

Doing this event compared to normal reforges I'd say it's about the same. Though my favourite has been this so far
    Soul of Chaos Duration level 1
    Spell of Physis [Transforming] Max MP level 3
    Eye of Order [Transforming] DEX level 2

Can't help but laugh at that. Also I used 55 reforges last night trying to get higher than PE16 on my gloomy, I got 16 again twice, multiple <15 and finally on the last few got PE19.
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited April 30, 2018
    Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, Been doing the event everyday since it started and I get about 5 fine reforges a day couple of days I got 10, I also bought 30 I still have not been able to get my armor to rank 1 still sitting at rank 2
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Pffff, i think i used over 70 Fine Reforges on my Gloomy and it's still r2...
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    You never did reforge before, did you?
  • PepperPepper
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    Ya I have but it has never been this long or gone thru so many reforges
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 30, 2018
    Never mind, my Gloomy finally reached r1 LOL. So happy, now we need to get freakin PE20 or something close to that. X.x