Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Security Suggestions for the Auction system

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
edited April 14, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
The auction system, the way it's currently set up will allow for bots to abuse it en masse. The most obvious route they will take is to sell cash shop items (Which they do already in belvast) by the truckloads on the auction system without any sort of hindrance.

Here are some ideas though to prevent abuse of the auction system (Some people may not like this idea).

1) For accounts created after 2017, or after the implimentation of the Lorna and Pan tuitorial questline, have them complete the short questline to enable the use of the auction board.
- This makes it harder for botters, and other players abusing macros and bots to gain entry into the auction system to abuse it.

2) Remove Cash items with a 1-time trade, this means items like Enchant protection potions, repair potions, reforges, nao stones, anything with a 1-time trade. Players could still trade them without the auction board, but this also prevents the anonymously abusive bots/players from freely exploiting the system.

3) Allow display of usernames and a function to report suspected botters in the Auction system.
- Anyone can sell anything right now, and you wouldn't even know who it was. It could even be someone who stole something from you, or someone obtaining items illegally. Displaying usernames is a given since every other trade function has it in mabi.

I would like to emphasize that botting is a HUGE issue with auction boards. Other MMO's like Vindictus, Dungeon Fighter online, Tera, and any other MMO has implemented huge regulations on using auctioning boards like lengthy questline completions or level requirements that botters never manually want to obtain. As it stands right now, I can see that the auctioning system will absolutely be abused and exploited given it's non-existent security against botters.

As well, with the above changes, it shouldn't generally effect anyone who has been playing long enough, or completed the new tutorial or any generation quest. As a result the "Market damage" will be very minimal given if people put the minimal effort into playing mabi.

IGN: Skyshooter1
Server: Alexina
YangKoete

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited April 14, 2018
    I didn't notice any bot abuse in Auction House yet, so i can't tell anything about it. Also i can't seem to be able to find any reforges or even any kind of cash shop items in AH, so... Yeah... I literally just tried to search any cash shop item and got zero results, not even a single Yellow Prism lol.
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited April 14, 2018
    tmxj3uH.jpg

They can be sold, which means that those bots in belvast will start selling them by the masses once they're able to macro it.

Honestly, given the minimal information on these bots, it's either update the auction system with some security features, or let them run wild and gold farm off of it.
  • GretaGreta
    edited April 14, 2018
    Like Hardmuscle said, you are probably overthinking this. Bots don't have time to keep up with 10 slots of reforges for 36 hours while they can put much more in personal shop bags for unlimited time. Also the fees after transferring gold into Bank cost way more less. Merchant License has like what? 2% fee? While Auction House has 5%.
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited April 14, 2018
    Honestly, come back in 1 ~ 3 months when people get settled in with this update. It's not so much overthinking, it's more being around long enough, and knowing what crud the shady portion of the community will pull off to earn a quick buck or two. Quite honestly, I know of a handful of people who are probably making scripts right now to abuse the system and just flatout macro an army of alts to sell their junk. Some of you people may not play on Alexina, but there ARE those people on this server who wouldn't care less not to do it.

It really needs to be fixed hopefully before it becomes a problem.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited April 14, 2018
    I'm against this on principle. Wild Wild West, baby! Let freedom ring. Don't tread on me. Nuke the whales.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited April 14, 2018
    Everything this person post is about bot conspiracy
    I don't see any bots abusing auction board. Besides, 5% fee is a lot when you sell that many reforges.
    ShouK
  • GretaGreta
    I'm against this on principle. Wild Wild West, baby! Let freedom ring. Don't tread on me. Nuke the whales.

Dude, can't tell if you are being serious or this is a really bad joke.
    Finity wrote: »
    Everything this person post is about bot conspiracy
    I don't see any bots abusing auction board. Besides, 5% fee is a lot when you sell that many reforges.

Lol, INDEED...