Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Questions on reporting suspicious activity?

BurstAngelXBurstAngelX
Mabinogi Rep: 950
edited April 15, 2018 in Town Square
Does Mabi have specific protocols (if any) on reporting suspicious behavior? I just concluded a trade, but the other player mentioned that they were hacked. Alarm bells went off in my head...If they were hacked, how do they still have items to sell/trade? Nothing has happened...yet, but I'm wary on continuing communications with this individual.

Comments

• WintermysticWintermystic
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    If you're worried about a players actions you can always submit a support ticket to Nexon. It helps if you have screenshots or other logs of said suspicious activity however. It may be easier in the first instance to simply avoid the player in question.
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    If you're worried about a players actions you can always submit a support ticket to Nexon. It helps if you have screenshots or other logs of said suspicious activity however. It may be easier in the first instance to simply avoid the player in question.

like this wonderful person said, when it comes to proof.
    If they said they've been hacked, but still have stuff to sell and trade with, my guess would be either they've put in a ticket and got their stuff back, or they're the hacker.
    But there are some cases where hackers only hack to see if they can. But it's always good to report them in, give proof if you have it, and no longer interact with that person.

if you need too, change your passwords to something extremely long and complicated just in case they might want to hack you.
    if you have any items bound to you then that's fine, but if items are not bound to you, put them in your bank and lock your mabi bank with a very long password as well.

Reason I say this cause I've been in certain situations - not on this game - but on other games where i've gotten hacked into and stuff stolen.
    do this and it should help as well.