Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ski Race Displacement Bug

DraechDraech
Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
edited January 25, 2017 in Bugs and Glitches
During the ski race event, I have failed every single time at the 4th blue flag set. The video shows it (as well as how bad I am at this minigame) from 00:15 to 00:22. As I pass the next set of flags, my failure count increases by 1 despite having successfully passed every flags.

EDIT: After testing a bit, it seems only the right half of the flags do not register.

IGN: Draech
Server: Ruairi

Comments

• YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    I had a problem like this too the last time this event was here. The thread from the old forum is deleted now, but I believe the solution was to mess around with the "Range of Vision" slider in the options. Probably set it to be lower, and you shouldn't have lag when going through the first half of the ski race. I still had lag going through the later flags, but it was more manageable and was usually at the very end.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    However, lag does not seem to be the problem. Every other flagpost works fine except this one. Also, I tested your Range of Vision solution and despite it solving the lag issues, it did not resolve the 4th Blue Flag situation.
  • LokitinLokitin
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,060
    I can't event make it through that blue flag post, as it'll "lag out"/freeze, and next thing I know my character is flying up the opposite hill. I'm not sure if these issues are the same or related, but it's in that same exact spot. Has been that way every year I've tried, and all the other flags work smoothly, so I'm certain that lag isn't coming from my end.
    So I've found it's just easier to skip that blue flag completely. There's still a bit of a lag but if you aim your character towards the next red post before the lag sets in, you'll make it through. I'll reach the end at about 47/48 seconds, so even with the 5 second penalty for missing that 1 flag, I'll still receive a prize.
  • kairi1kairi1
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    edited January 25, 2017
    the first blue flags dont work right i ski thru them but 3/5th of the time it just doesnt work 1 flag missed in the ski race
  • MediaKleptoMediaKlepto
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    I remember this being an issue the last time this event was in place. It was basically impossible to get a decent score because of it, and I even remarked to a friend who wasn't around at the time that I hoped they had fixed it. I, with my range of vision at minimum, haven't experience it on this set of flags this time, but am getting it on a red set further down the course.
  • LlyxLlyx
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I always skip that flag because of the lag. Mabinogi team just repeats the same mistakes over and over again , they never even bother to check if it's being repeated.