Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Make Used Skill books Unsellable

FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
edited May 5, 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions
It was brought up in the discord that people are trying to sell used Thunder books on the AH. (They could also be selling other used skill books) Why are used Skill books sellable? You don't get anything from them once they have been used.

So this is clearly people trying to scam users into thinking they will get the full skill book. Now people who are veterans to the game know that most books have a seal on them or say "Unclaimed Skill" on them, but what about newer players to the game? Newer players may not know this and go to purchase the skill book and get nothing.

So I suggest that it be changed were no skill book can be sold once the skill has been claimed.

IGN: Fayekaiba
Server: Mari
THICCthighssavelives

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I wonder how they'd do that.

What if the item was just consumed (deleted) after the reward was received?

That's not a perfect solution either, as some people like collecting the books, but that's just my idea.
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Non-sellable used books is the easiest option. On a similar topic, why can't I sell regular skill books?
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    edited May 6, 2018
    Now. I'm a jerk, I know this already. I prefer this freedom to be there as a harsh lesson for people who do not pay attention, or read up on things. As I like games that allow for these type of things to happen between a playerbase. Adds some spice lol.

However as I understand how damaging it can be to someone to lose a mill or two that they worked hard on earning, I'd also throw my support in on this. Despite my previous opinion, it could probably damage a player base (some newish players quitting cuz they got 'scammed')

Though I must stress the importance of the lesson"doing research before you buy." So you dont buy a bad item, and so you don't pay absurdly more. So you can sometimes pay less, and so you in general are protected against people trying to take advantage of people without knowledge. As well as inform others.

**Edit**
    Forgot to put this here, but another solution would be to put a prefix in the text of the book title after it's been read. Though im not sure if thats possible. like "Learned (title here) " or something like that.
  • nomigid15nomigid15
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,870
    Maybe they should do what Neopets does and just have books disappear entirely after reading them.
  • ZuomoZuomo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    Maybe they should do what Neopets does and just have books disappear entirely after reading them.

Like someone said, there are some people who still enjoy reading the books, or collecting them. So you'd probably be making a certain population unhappy.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I like keeping certain collection books I have, so no to having them completely removed. The "Learned" and non-sellable ideas proposed thus far sound pretty good. ^_^
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Make them disintegrate after use.

disintegrating.gif
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Not even funny, it also doesn't make any sense.
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    edited May 18, 2018
    I need to read "The Soundbox: Heart of the Instrument" in order to rank up my Musical Knowledge to Rank 5 but when i checked the auction this evening i found two books, one that was unread for 7m Gold and one that was already used for 3m Gold.

In order to block trollers and -removed- that auction already used skillbooks that no one can use anymore, i would like to suggest a new rule so that you can't sell or put a used skillbook up for auction, some books are worth a lot of money and sometimes players don't realise that the book they want is already used.

This is a suggestion for a rule against auctioning worthless items that no one can use.

32854772_10216797768920789_7153081380799250432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=e68955ceb055c918fe9e20dd807cd974&oe=5B7E920D