Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alltur and Altam ???

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
edited May 31, 2018 in General Chat
any ideas or guess what this is
  1. what do u think ? Im just too excited21 votes
    1. Altam is Alltur
       52% (11 votes)
    2. Alltur is Altam's alter ego
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Alltur is Altam's ancestor or father or brother or
       10% (2 votes)
    4. they are twins and Alltur was raised or grew up at the other side of the gate
       5% (1 vote)
    5. Altam is the descendant of Alltur
       5% (1 vote)
    6. Altam is Alltur the whole time (an obsessed fanboy of alban knights is just suspicious)
       29% (6 votes)

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Altam is a girl.
    Zarozian
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    So what you are saying is that Altam has an....Alltur ego?
    MizukiHayamaVeylaineWolfandWolfTwelieIyasenuMisanariaRadiant DawnSherriAell
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Oh no... :D
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730

Oh my! Puntastic answer, disappointed I have not thought of it!
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    In true sincerity, maybe it is Latin?
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    Isn't Alltur Altam's name in the KR version?
  • scorpin99scorpin99
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    In true sincerity, maybe it is Latin?

it is latin, and it apparently means
    "Courage becomes stronger in danger."
    interesting to think about though
    WolfandWolf
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    I hope we get to kill him at some point. It'd be the best generation if so.

Have a feeling he's going to "GO PAST HIS LIMITS I"M SORRY SENSEI BUT I HAVE TO, TO SAVE EVERYONE" and give us yet another typical anime moment with him and his lack of personality.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited May 31, 2018
    I think it might be mispelled. Maybe. My Latin is a little rusty. Altor means something or someone who grows or nourishes (as in, a gardener nourishes their garden). Altor is related to the Latin Alo, which means nourish. A variation of Alo is Altus, which means deep. One of the feminine forms of Altus is Altam. They could have just meant to write Altam but with a different Latin word???? A mistranslation????? And they meant Altam?

This is just the tip of the iceberg too. Latin has always been confusing. I myself get confused and can't be sure that this is what they meant by "Alltur".
    Blissfulkill
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    so looks like altam and telvish are joining the dark side. and as the only competent member of the holy knights i have only 1 thing to say!

can i join you guys? srsly i hate the other 3 gits and the hole holy knights organization feels like a complete joke
    DARK SIDE FOR LIFE!
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,640
    As a KR server community member, I have a legit answer to this. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ if it matters.
    Yes, Alltur/알터 is KR's name for Altam.
    JP calls him Altur with one L so it's hard to say which is the proper spelling, but a lot argue it is Altur since he HAS also been called that in KR (its pretty inconsistent). Anyway, if you want to know if they're the same person, the answer is yes and no. The NA version of Altam toned down his personality (if you can believe that). In fact, a lot of the knights had their personalities altered slightly for NA localization. So in reality they're kinda slightly different in terms of personality. I guess you could say Alltur is like Altam on 10 Redbull drinks. But I mean yeah they're technically the same character.
    WolfandWolfBronzebreakMizukiHayamaSherri
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited May 31, 2018
    Blankeye wrote: »
    I guess you could say Alltur is like Altam on 10 Redbull drinks.

I.....am terrified just trying to imagine that.
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    edited May 31, 2018

If you want an even better piece of info, the KR title version of "Altam's Ally" is "알터가 동경하는" which can be translated as "Who Alltur Admires" or... "Who Alltur Longs for." (*^∀゚)ъ
    That should be telling enough of what the KR server has to deal with in terms of Altam's character...
    And yet he's still the 2nd most popular character in KR. ㅇㅅㅇ
    WolfandWolfRadiant Dawn
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

What? No sunglasses?
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    I'm kinda disappointed they toned him down here. Though I think Alltur probably ate all the personality from all of the Aces. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if all the data the Alban Knights have on the player came from Alltur's final squire assignment or something after years of stalking.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    The NA version of Altam toned down his personality (if you can believe that). In fact, a lot of the knights had their personalities altered slightly for NA localization. So in reality they're kinda slightly different in terms of personality.

Wow.. that's pretty dumb. I wonder why they did that? :L
    Kind of why I hate localization.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

If you want an even better piece of info, the KR title version of "Altam's Ally" is "알터가 동경하는" which can be translated as "Who Alltur Admires" or... "Who Alltur Longs for." (*^∀゚)ъ
    That should be telling enough of what the KR server has to deal with in terms of Altam's character...
    And yet he's still the 2nd most popular character in KR. ㅇㅅㅇ

Are the aces as insufferably annoying in saga for KR? I honestly stopped caring about the whole saga story because I felt like I was baby sitting a group of toddlers.
    WolfandWolf
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900
    edited June 1, 2018
    This is Alltur. I'm gonna go with the third choice, since I know I would be an immortal ancestor pretending to be someone's distant cousin, when I am actually their great great great great great great grand father.

00HtH-6a42427c-a763-4d15-9e21-508ff03a4266.png

Atlam is just his descendant. = w=

The most perfect Alban Knight is often the founder himself. I would know since I founded my glorious clan GUNGNIR! ;D

I also have an alt in my own clan that leads its own unit of clansmen and I also enjoy pretending to be leader of the small unit despite being the almighty founder and forerunner of GUNGNIR. o 3o

It's just a weird hobby that people like Talvish and I have. =/

Also the Latin in the video says "POWER IN THE TIME OF GREAT DANGER, BECOME STRONGER, ATLAM!"

And remember, if you ever come across a clan member or a guild member who seems a little too good and too knowledgeable and gives off similar vibes as Talvish does, then he could be your leader and founder in disguise! >;O
  • BlankeyeBlankeye
    edited June 1, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Are the aces as insufferably annoying in saga for KR? I honestly stopped caring about the whole saga story because I felt like I was baby sitting a group of toddlers.

Not... Really? I mean... Okay Starlet/Diva, Prof J and CulArt aren't very developed atm... Hopefully that will change soon. As for TH and Merlin... I can't say a lot about Merlin for... Reasons. But he's very well developed as of right now. He's also more seen as an irresponsible dork than what people on NA seem to label him as. TH in Kor is a bit more of a deadpan snarker, but also has lighthearted moments where he just likes teasing and joking around. Idk, I really like both NA and KR TH, but NA TH was a bit meaner. XD
    Well, all in all, most KR players REALLY like TH and Merlin!

Sherri wrote: »

Well I think it's a cultural thing. The tropes shown commonly in like Japanese and Korean media are very over the top and can be offputting for a western audience. Think about it this way, some NA players already label Altam as a creepy, obsessed fanboy, just imagine what they'd think of KR Alltur... ´ ¬`)...

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Not... Really? I mean... Okay Starlet/Diva, Prof J and CulArt aren't very developed atm... Hopefully that will change soon. As for TH and Merlin... I can't say a lot about Merlin for... Reasons. But he's very well developed as of right now. He's also more seen as an irresponsible dork than what people on NA seem to label him as. TH in Kor is a bit more of a deadpan snarker, but also has lighthearted moments where he just likes teasing and joking around. Idk, I really like both NA and KR TH, but NA TH was a bit meaner. XD
    Well, all in all, most KR players REALLY like TH and Merlin!

Sherri wrote: »

Well I think it's a cultural thing. The tropes shown commonly in like Japanese and Korean media are very over the top and can be offputting for a western audience. Think about it this way, some NA players already label Altam as a creepy, obsessed fanboy, just imagine what they'd think of KR Alltur... ´ ¬`)...

Ahh okay that makes sense I guess.
    Also I'm a huge fan of Treasure Hunter :D Hi hi~
    Blankeye