Check out the patch notes for the September 10th update, Campfire Spirit: https://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23685
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"New and Powerful Enchants"

Comments

  • ForeRuniaForeRunia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Posts: 39
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    wrote:
    I know repair fee takes good part of gold sink. I'm not saying that repair fee needs to completely be gone. I think it needs to be at reasonable rate.

    People meme about the market being inflated but it actually would be if the equivalent gold didn't get put somewhere else for a gold sink.
    I have done almost everything to make money yet literally 'Nothing' can profit you off when you decide to use luxury expensive fee weapons. People say then switch to cheaper weapon when you run easy stuff. What kind content deserve this luxury weapon then? Since there's nothing you can do to profit off with that weapon.

    You answered your issue right there. It's a luxury and in no way required or necessary. If you need it to complete the content, you probably have something else you can improve instead.
    Zephyrmaru
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 182
    Member
    Opalthira wrote: »
    "Meanwhile i'll just be over here making 2.4mil a day off of 500 gold repair beginner weapons with 130 max damage."
    ForeRunia wrote: »
    wrote:
    I know repair fee takes good part of gold sink. I'm not saying that repair fee needs to completely be gone. I think it needs to be at reasonable rate.

    People meme about the market being inflated but it actually would be if the equivalent gold didn't get put somewhere else for a gold sink.
    I have done almost everything to make money yet literally 'Nothing' can profit you off when you decide to use luxury expensive fee weapons. People say then switch to cheaper weapon when you run easy stuff. What kind content deserve this luxury weapon then? Since there's nothing you can do to profit off with that weapon.

    You answered your issue right there. It's a luxury and in no way required or necessary. If you need it to complete the content, you probably have something else you can improve instead.
    As addressed earlier:
    "So a lot of endgame gears/enchants are meaningless because they are inefficient and people are advised not to use them. lol"
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Posts: 797
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Finity wrote: »
    Adv hm dungeon passes needs money to make. Rabbie phantasm pass consumes 750k per run and you cannot use unrestricted dungeon pass. To become grandmaster you need to pay 1m.(Although Nexon screws themselves by releasing fake certificate in gacha) There's fee in dressing room. You need to pay to reset skills. There's fee in transactions in this game- Buying from personal shop through direct bank deposit(5%), making check(2.5%), selling through auction board(5%), direct deposit through mail (10%), and depositing item/money in your bank.
    I sorta forgot about banks, but yeah those are alright sinks. Would still prefer an endgame 'tax' that hits those with absurd funding to remain though.
    Finity wrote: »
    I'm saying that these repair fees are set at wrong rate. People forget this game is from Korea where they have more ways around to avoid gold sinks and much more inflated. They say 'its for a reason'. No, its just copied and pasted like everything else. I know why KR pushes expensive repair fee(so people would pay irl to repair for free), but people who don't get it sit here and try to defend it while in fact Nexon is just being too lazy to localize.
    1) Nexon NA's localization authority is pretty much entirely limited to "translate this Korean text into English." They don't get to develop for the game: they're literally just a publishing branch to Nexon Korea. NA can't just say "yeah let's change this item's properties to better suit our players" or "maybe we shouldn't include this item and replace it with something unique instead." Everything has to go through Korea, or it doesn't happen at all.
    2)These new scrolls are exclusive to Divine Weaponry, and only dedicated farmers and spammers will be able to make them because their drop rates are actually ridiculous. The assumption I would make for that sort of player is that they already have a steady supply of gold to throw around at repairs, because you don't just open twenty thousand Squire Supply Boxes without making some money along the way.
    Finity wrote: »
    And what's the point of adding fancy new stuff when even most of 'endgame' players cannot afford it? Unless its you who says you can still profit off somehow magically. You mentioned 'Economical progress' when you're still losing money from your weapon's repair fee. The stuff that makes you money don't actually involve your main weapon because if you use it you lose money.
    I'm endgame, have a max damage set and fancy reforges, and the whole thing costs 3mil to fully repair. I only use it during my material farms in AHM dungeons, Alban, or occasional Girg raids. I don't use my expensive set when I want gold: I use it when I want materials from hard content because I know a gold profit isn't gained from it easily when I have to spend 3 million gold after.
    Finity wrote: »
    The only people who can afford these type of weapons are gold buyers, or you're using it while pulling money from your own bank at your loss
    Or they farm end game content for the material drops you don't seem to care for. Or they farm gold in elite shadow missions and buy their materials from other people who don't care for them. Just because people have something you don't have doesn't mean they're all cheaters.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 182
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »
    Adv hm dungeon passes needs money to make. Rabbie phantasm pass consumes 750k per run and you cannot use unrestricted dungeon pass. To become grandmaster you need to pay 1m.(Although Nexon screws themselves by releasing fake certificate in gacha) There's fee in dressing room. You need to pay to reset skills. There's fee in transactions in this game- Buying from personal shop through direct bank deposit(5%), making check(2.5%), selling through auction board(5%), direct deposit through mail (10%), and depositing item/money in your bank.
    I sorta forgot about banks, but yeah those are alright sinks. Would still prefer an endgame 'tax' that hits those with absurd funding to remain though.
    Finity wrote: »
    I'm saying that these repair fees are set at wrong rate. People forget this game is from Korea where they have more ways around to avoid gold sinks and much more inflated. They say 'its for a reason'. No, its just copied and pasted like everything else. I know why KR pushes expensive repair fee(so people would pay irl to repair for free), but people who don't get it sit here and try to defend it while in fact Nexon is just being too lazy to localize.
    1) Nexon NA's localization authority is pretty much entirely limited to "translate this Korean text into English." They don't get to develop for the game: they're literally just a publishing branch to Nexon Korea. NA can't just say "yeah let's change this item's properties to better suit our players" or "maybe we shouldn't include this item and replace it with something unique instead." Everything has to go through Korea, or it doesn't happen at all.
    2)These new scrolls are exclusive to Divine Weaponry, and only dedicated farmers and spammers will be able to make them because their drop rates are actually ridiculous. The assumption I would make for that sort of player is that they already have a steady supply of gold to throw around at repairs, because you don't just open twenty thousand Squire Supply Boxes without making some money along the way.
    Finity wrote: »
    And what's the point of adding fancy new stuff when even most of 'endgame' players cannot afford it? Unless its you who says you can still profit off somehow magically. You mentioned 'Economical progress' when you're still losing money from your weapon's repair fee. The stuff that makes you money don't actually involve your main weapon because if you use it you lose money.
    I'm endgame, have a max damage set and fancy reforges, and the whole thing costs 3mil to fully repair. I only use it during my material farms in AHM dungeons, Alban, or occasional Girg raids. I don't use my expensive set when I want gold: I use it when I want materials from hard content because I know a gold profit isn't gained from it easily when I have to spend 3 million gold after.
    Finity wrote: »
    The only people who can afford these type of weapons are gold buyers, or you're using it while pulling money from your own bank at your loss
    Or they farm end game content for the material drops you don't seem to care for. Or they farm gold in elite shadow missions and buy their materials from other people who don't care for them. Just because people have something you don't have doesn't mean they're all cheaters.

    My main activity is material farming in this game and I can guarantee the drop rate doesn't make that weapon worth using it there.
    I know everything is copied and pasted. I didn't expect them to adjust price here at first place. But it seems wrong to have shitty situation where we are forced to pay insane repair fee and not get option to pay irl to repair for free if you want to use these set of weapons- while the whole point of having b/s fee is to make players 'pay cash' to repair, not to make it 'luxury', No one in KR pays gold to repair those items


  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,580
    Posts: 943
    Member
    Finity wrote: »
    I only dinged you for the second time cause you ignored literally everything I posted as if it were invalid.
    For the record I am using "end game" enchants on a beginner weapon and it STILL has the least amount of gold repair.
    The only difference is it cant be special upped and loses like 50-100 max damage compared to a celtic.
    Oh noes the repair fee...
    "It cost me 5mil to full repair this weapon" OR I can spend 1m and fully repair it.
    Ignoring the things that are given to you or explained to you then blaming it on the localization team is just silly.
    I get that the weapons are costly to use but there are ways around it. Or you can just only use them for when you need them.


  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Finity wrote: »

    My main activity is material farming in this game and I can guarantee the drop rate doesn't make that weapon worth using it there.
    I know everything is copied and pasted. I didn't expect them to adjust price here at first place. But it seems wrong to have shitty situation where we are forced to pay insane repair fee and not get option to pay irl to repair for free if you want to use these set of weapons- while the whole point of having b/s fee is to make players 'pay cash' to repair, not to make it 'luxury'


    Oh? What materials do you farm? What's your total level? Screenshot your stat block. You're spouting off like you have perfect stats/gear and still can't make gold. I have guns that cost ~140k a point to repair you know how much they cost me to use? 0 gold. Way of the gun doesn't use dura, endgame enchants are worth it there same for final hit with CRKs and lances for Judgement blade. You're saying only people who buy gold can afford that but it's pretty clear either you do that yourself because you don't understand it, or you're using equipment wrong because... you don't understand it.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 182
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »
    I only dinged you for the second time cause you ignored literally everything I posted as if it were invalid.
    For the record I am using "end game" enchants on a beginner weapon and it STILL has the least amount of gold repair.
    The only difference is it cant be special upped and loses like 50-100 max damage compared to a celtic.
    Oh noes the repair fee...
    "It cost me 5mil to full repair this weapon" OR I can spend 1m and fully repair it.
    Ignoring the things that are given to you or explained to you then blaming it on the localization team is just silly.
    I get that the weapons are costly to use but there are ways around it. Or you can just only use them for when you need them.


    Either way you cannot use full endgame items because it's too expensive
    And the reason for expensive repair fee is literally given - it's only working as they intended in KR, not in NA
    but people here sit here and defend it. :)
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »

    My main activity is material farming in this game and I can guarantee the drop rate doesn't make that weapon worth using it there.
    I know everything is copied and pasted. I didn't expect them to adjust price here at first place. But it seems wrong to have shitty situation where we are forced to pay insane repair fee and not get option to pay irl to repair for free if you want to use these set of weapons- while the whole point of having b/s fee is to make players 'pay cash' to repair, not to make it 'luxury'


    Oh? What materials do you farm? What's your total level? Screenshot your stat block. You're spouting off like you have perfect stats/gear and still can't make gold. I have guns that cost ~140k a point to repair you know how much they cost me to use? 0 gold. Way of the gun doesn't use dura, endgame enchants are worth it there same for final hit with CRKs and lances for Judgement blade. You're saying only people who buy gold can afford that but it's pretty clear either you do that yourself because you don't understand it, or you're using equipment wrong because... you don't understand it.
    uCLHpqx.jpg
    WBUZTZL.jpg
    There you go. Your method doesn't work for everyone. Not everyone can switch to FH when you run out of WOTG. And if you're forced to play certain playstyle just to reduce repair fee...I don't think its a good thing...It leaves other skillset and weapon set left out. Because some weapon set drops dura really fast because of talent nature. It's not worth it using the best enchants on those because weapon wears out really fast. Then it'll be compared to guns,swords,lances which you can use the best enchants without loss if you play within certain playstyle, and eventually left out, leaving those skills and weapons unbalanced. Also you're human, most privileged race when it comes to dura loss.
    Also I said "you're at loss if you don't buy gold, not everyone using that is a gold buyer"
    I myself is planning to make one when raids comes out.
    FN1Pbj5.jpg
    Idk what to do after I run out of repair kits and hammers tho. :|
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,925
    Posts: 672
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Look at me, I'm pretty strong (I usually solo rooms in phantasm when I do run it) and I'm constantly broke for one reason or another. But being where I am, unless you're trying to hit specific break points *Like vhm girg where the extra few damage can mean something* the extra bit doesn't mean anything. I've tried to explain this to newer players who I see using the floor enchants on crks but always get flammed for it. If something has 10k hp, and you hit normally for 5k hitting 6k-9k literally will not make the run any faster as a crit would kill it in both cases. Hitting that 10k would make it faster as you won't be relying on crits at all.

    Obviously for bosses this is a bit different but it seems a lot of players think end game is quick shadow wiz farming (Spoiler, it's not any human with FH gear can do that).

    I do hope I'm not coming off as elitist because I really don't care if I get carried, or carry people. What annoys me is spreading of misinformation OR people talking "endgame" while being unable to run phantasm in a group. I honestly don't view myself as endgame right now yet either, I'd say the min req is probably 15-20k total.



    EDIT: reminded me of a pet project I'm doing, gonna see if I can get an R7 beginner chainblade and slap conquerer/67th on it. It won't be missing hardly any damage from a r6 celtic chain and will cost like 100g a point at 100%

    Mfw I'm 16k total and I don't consider myself end game cuz I have piss poor gear and haven't capped relevant stats for close combat/archery... Also am terrible at phantasm, but thats probably a lack of practice rather than missing gear.

    I'm literally that person that uses gathering knives and bashes everything in a SM because I don't care about big damage numbers as long as I can get my money...
    SherriZephyrmaru
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Finity wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »
    I only dinged you for the second time cause you ignored literally everything I posted as if it were invalid.
    For the record I am using "end game" enchants on a beginner weapon and it STILL has the least amount of gold repair.
    The only difference is it cant be special upped and loses like 50-100 max damage compared to a celtic.
    Oh noes the repair fee...
    "It cost me 5mil to full repair this weapon" OR I can spend 1m and fully repair it.
    Ignoring the things that are given to you or explained to you then blaming it on the localization team is just silly.
    I get that the weapons are costly to use but there are ways around it. Or you can just only use them for when you need them.


    Either way you cannot use full endgame items because it's too expensive
    And the reason for expensive repair fee is literally given - it's only working as they intended in KR, not in NA
    but people here sit here and defend it. :)
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »

    My main activity is material farming in this game and I can guarantee the drop rate doesn't make that weapon worth using it there.
    I know everything is copied and pasted. I didn't expect them to adjust price here at first place. But it seems wrong to have shitty situation where we are forced to pay insane repair fee and not get option to pay irl to repair for free if you want to use these set of weapons- while the whole point of having b/s fee is to make players 'pay cash' to repair, not to make it 'luxury'


    Oh? What materials do you farm? What's your total level? Screenshot your stat block. You're spouting off like you have perfect stats/gear and still can't make gold. I have guns that cost ~140k a point to repair you know how much they cost me to use? 0 gold. Way of the gun doesn't use dura, endgame enchants are worth it there same for final hit with CRKs and lances for Judgement blade. You're saying only people who buy gold can afford that but it's pretty clear either you do that yourself because you don't understand it, or you're using equipment wrong because... you don't understand it.

    There you go. Your method doesn't work for everyone. Not everyone can switch to FH when you run out of WOTG. And if you're forced to play certain playstyle just to reduce repair fee...I don't think its a good thing...It leaves other skillset and weapon set left out.
    Also I said "you're at loss if you don't buy gold, not everyone using that is a gold buyer"
    I myself is planning to make one when raids comes out.
    FN1Pbj5.jpg
    Idk what to do after I run out of repair kits and hammers tho. :|

    So let me get this straight. You want no drawbacks to using the strongest gear. You're also literally saying "I don't like the way you do that so it's wrong" what kind of argument is that? You should be forced to play certain ways if you're trying to avoid the cost of endgame stuff. Also idk what you're talking about by saying you won't make gold going after material drops, I solo'd aahm (had some friends afk in there so I got the loots, in return I afk for them as well when they want it and I'm not playing) and it used 8 dura off my chain, and less than 1 dura off my bohemian set and maybe one dura off my bhafel? Total repair cost was like 100k and I paid 300k for the pass. The gold drops from mobs+ end chests payed for that leaving all the drops as pure profit.

    If you want to be pedantic about it, most internet cafes cost like 1usd an hour, which according to the gold selling bots is about 700k. Even the more expensive stuff would be covered if you had that. I have no idea how the repair thing works at all either, assuming you walk in pay your dollar repair stuff and leave it's the same as buying gold except more tedious because you'd need to leave your house.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 182
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »
    I only dinged you for the second time cause you ignored literally everything I posted as if it were invalid.
    For the record I am using "end game" enchants on a beginner weapon and it STILL has the least amount of gold repair.
    The only difference is it cant be special upped and loses like 50-100 max damage compared to a celtic.
    Oh noes the repair fee...
    "It cost me 5mil to full repair this weapon" OR I can spend 1m and fully repair it.
    Ignoring the things that are given to you or explained to you then blaming it on the localization team is just silly.
    I get that the weapons are costly to use but there are ways around it. Or you can just only use them for when you need them.


    Either way you cannot use full endgame items because it's too expensive
    And the reason for expensive repair fee is literally given - it's only working as they intended in KR, not in NA
    but people here sit here and defend it. :)
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »

    My main activity is material farming in this game and I can guarantee the drop rate doesn't make that weapon worth using it there.
    I know everything is copied and pasted. I didn't expect them to adjust price here at first place. But it seems wrong to have shitty situation where we are forced to pay insane repair fee and not get option to pay irl to repair for free if you want to use these set of weapons- while the whole point of having b/s fee is to make players 'pay cash' to repair, not to make it 'luxury'


    Oh? What materials do you farm? What's your total level? Screenshot your stat block. You're spouting off like you have perfect stats/gear and still can't make gold. I have guns that cost ~140k a point to repair you know how much they cost me to use? 0 gold. Way of the gun doesn't use dura, endgame enchants are worth it there same for final hit with CRKs and lances for Judgement blade. You're saying only people who buy gold can afford that but it's pretty clear either you do that yourself because you don't understand it, or you're using equipment wrong because... you don't understand it.

    There you go. Your method doesn't work for everyone. Not everyone can switch to FH when you run out of WOTG. And if you're forced to play certain playstyle just to reduce repair fee...I don't think its a good thing...It leaves other skillset and weapon set left out.
    Also I said "you're at loss if you don't buy gold, not everyone using that is a gold buyer"
    I myself is planning to make one when raids comes out.
    FN1Pbj5.jpg
    Idk what to do after I run out of repair kits and hammers tho. :|

    So let me get this straight. You want no drawbacks to using the strongest gear. You're also literally saying "I don't like the way you do that so it's wrong" what kind of argument is that? You should be forced to play certain ways if you're trying to avoid the cost of endgame stuff. Also idk what you're talking about by saying you won't make gold going after material drops, I solo'd aahm (had some friends afk in there so I got the loots, in return I afk for them as well when they want it and I'm not playing) and it used 8 dura off my chain, and less than 1 dura off my bohemian set and maybe one dura off my bhafel? Total repair cost was like 100k and I paid 300k for the pass. The gold drops from mobs+ end chests payed for that leaving all the drops as pure profit.

    If you want to be pedantic about it, most internet cafes cost like 1usd an hour, which according to the gold selling bots is about 700k. Even the more expensive stuff would be covered if you had that. I have no idea how the repair thing works at all either, assuming you walk in pay your dollar repair stuff and leave it's the same as buying gold except more tedious because you'd need to leave your house.
    You say you're profiting because you're not using a 170k per point weapon. So do I for now. But if I start using that crossbow and pay 170k per point I'll be facing losses. If you replace your chain with girg enchanted celtic chain blade you'd be losing money. You even admitted you're making cheaper and weaker weapon to cut costs. There's not so much difference between cutthroat and celtic yet celtic chain blade costs 570k to repair fully when clean. So that means these 'expensive end game gears' are not worth using or making.
    Why is 'being forced to play that playstyle' wrong? Because it leaves other skillset and gears left out and unbalanced.
    Players already put a lot of effort in building end game gear. Getting mat(40 ancient golden crystals costs 100m in mari) and hope for high roll, enchanting until 3 piercing or high max, reforging until good roll + there'll be erg system which takes even more than you could ever imagine. If they pay that much money and effort to complete a gear I think they should be able to use it whenever they want without worrying about b/s repair fee. No other game I played punishes player like this even after completing endgame gear. Usually the pain ends when you complete the gear.
    Yes I say its wrong because I don't like how it is now and I know it's not how it is intended to be. What kind of game makes players resistant of using their real gear?
    Also I mentioned earlier you don't have to leave your house to use free repair. Can just pay through their website, open program, repair your whole gear, shut it off and save your minutes and be done.
    SherriTwelie
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Are you complaining that you can't use real money to pay for repairs? I don't get the point of what you're complaining about. Just because mabi does repair fees doesn't mean much because we hardly have gold sinks.
    Yes I say its wrong because I don't like how it is now and I know it's not how it is intended to be. What kind of game makes players resistant of using their real gear?
    Uh lots of them? Runescape to name one FFXIV to name another, even ESO has repair fees. And mabi is the kind of game that makes you hesitant to use your real gear because there's so many different skill sets and weapons. Mabi shouldn't be the same as other mmos when so much of it is so different. Expensive gear is worth it where it's useful, just 95% of the game it's not useful in and most of it is min maxing for epeen status.
    SherriZephyrmaruBuffalosTwelie
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 182
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Are you complaining that you can't use real money to pay for repairs? I don't get the point of what you're complaining about. Just because mabi does repair fees doesn't mean much because we hardly have gold sinks.
    Yes I say its wrong because I don't like how it is now and I know it's not how it is intended to be. What kind of game makes players resistant of using their real gear?
    Uh lots of them? Runescape to name one FFXIV to name another, even ESO has repair fees. And mabi is the kind of game that makes you hesitant to use your real gear because there's so many different skill sets and weapons. Mabi shouldn't be the same as other mmos when so much of it is so different. Expensive gear is worth it where it's useful, just 95% of the game it's not useful in and most of it is min maxing for epeen status.
    I don't like these repair fees rates at first place, but I know they won't change it.
    I'm saying that if they wanna do same thing as KR does then bring pay irl to repair thing over here too since that's main reason why they're pushing expensive repair fee.
    I know other games have repair fee but it's not like how Mabi does it. Repair fee may exist but not to ridiculous amount.
    Using cheapo weapon in SM is reasonable. But if you use end game weapon like Divine crossbow or Celtic chain blade in Rabbie phantasm or something equivalent and still lose money then it's a problem. Even when I used 20k/point bow and solo'ed Rabbie phantasm 6 times I got barely anything but cheapo mat like cleansed mage gems and 4 destroyed seal chains, shining crystal shard+ lost some money paying for pass and repairs. Its even worse when I run with party.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    @Finity what you are asking for is exclusive content basically since no internet cafes like this exist for NA players
    VIP or some p2w feature that straight up allows 100% non gold repair.
    Mabi NA is not as proftible as other nexon Western titles so getting this excluive content would most likely not go through with main HQ

    People have been telling you, that you do not need these absurd enchants to win against 97% of the games content, AGIAN you do NOT NEED the absolute strongest stuff to win in this game most of the time and even then it only really matters in things like girg raids vhm
    Sherri
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 182
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Finity what you are asking for is exclusive content basically since no internet cafes like this exist for NA players
    VIP or some p2w feature that straight up allows 100% non gold repair.
    Mabi NA is not as proftible as other nexon Western titles so getting this excluive content would most likely not go through with main HQ

    People have been telling you, that you do not need these absurd enchants to win against 97% of the games content, AGIAN you do NOT NEED the absolute strongest stuff to win in this game most of the time and even then it only really matters in things like girg raids vhm

    Pretty much. I don't like "Making gold repair so expensive that no one can even afford so they'd pay cash" idea but its still better than "It's so expensive that it is not worth using anywhere"
    I know no one needs any of these gears to win 97% of the game content and I did mention that at this post, and many other comments that : "Why make stuff that most people aren't even going to use+ not worth using it anywhere and build hype for it as if its something good"
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    @Finity some will still use it others will probably take advantage of things like FH , wotg normal attacks no dura loss,or just use it for specific situtations and others won't care what the costs are

    As I said before it just boils down to your perspective, people like you value efficeny above all else some want the absolute best damage no matter the cost then people like me in the middle who only use this stuff situationally
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 182
    Member
    Trythis wrote: »
    @Finity some will still use it others will probably take advantage of things like FH , wotg normal attacks no dura loss,or just use it for specific situtations and others won't care what the costs are

    As I said before it just boils down to your perspective, people like you value efficeny above all else some want the absolute best damage no matter the cost then people like me in the middle who only use this stuff situationally

    Again, it leaves out all the other weapon sets unused and unbalanced... And its sorta racist that only FH allows no dura loss while other racial skills still lose dura.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    Posts: 1,066
    Member
    Finity wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Are you complaining that you can't use real money to pay for repairs? I don't get the point of what you're complaining about. Just because mabi does repair fees doesn't mean much because we hardly have gold sinks.
    Yes I say its wrong because I don't like how it is now and I know it's not how it is intended to be. What kind of game makes players resistant of using their real gear?
    Uh lots of them? Runescape to name one FFXIV to name another, even ESO has repair fees. And mabi is the kind of game that makes you hesitant to use your real gear because there's so many different skill sets and weapons. Mabi shouldn't be the same as other mmos when so much of it is so different. Expensive gear is worth it where it's useful, just 95% of the game it's not useful in and most of it is min maxing for epeen status.
    I don't like these repair fees rates at first place, but I know they won't change it.
    I'm saying that if they wanna do same thing as KR does then bring pay irl to repair thing over here too since that's main reason why they're pushing expensive repair fee.
    I know other games have repair fee but it's not like how Mabi does it. Repair fee may exist but not to ridiculous amount.
    Using cheapo weapon in SM is reasonable. But if you use end game weapon like Divine crossbow or Celtic chain blade in Rabbie phantasm or something equivalent and still lose money then it's a problem.

    So you want to be able to pay real money for repairs so you can use endgame gear everywhere or you want to take away repair fees so the economy dies entirely. If you can afford divine weapons with the new enchants that are x10 repair (and stupidly rare too) what is left for you to do even? At that point gold doesn't really have value if you have gear like that as there's nothing left to use said gold on.

    But wait, there is, something that gold can't buy because it's non existent unless you can get it yourself. Take a look at succy queen outfit, there's been 2 that I know of sold. If you really wanted that and you have the means to get it, it doesn't matter if you lose gold going for it because if you get it it's one of a kind. But that goes back to my main point then, those enchants really aren't worth it aside from bragging rights to go "look what I have" neither is most of the content you'd use something like that on. It's the bane of having everything you'd want so the repair fee is null, at that point gold doesn't have value to you.
    Sherri
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    @finity ninja does not have much to gain from girg and conqueror, fighter has more problems that need attention than enchants, Archer as I understand it has more dire stiplulations than enchants ie the argument that it needs reforges that discussion is more important than Archer ESes, magic is fine perhaps a little tweaking to make it faster,
    Alchemy does have enchants problems but like fighter it needs a massive overhaul in general puppeteer is the same as fighter and alchemy but not as bad
    Chains are most certainly fine, Giants in beast form do not expend dura for full swing so beast + wg is good way for me to save on dura if I want

    My point is there's more important issues than enchants, also these new enchants are for divine weapons only which like 90% of the population can't even afford to make, if you can afford to make divine weapon then maybe that 10x won't be so bad for you
    Sherri
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Posts: 182
    Member
    edited June 1, 2018
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Finity wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Are you complaining that you can't use real money to pay for repairs? I don't get the point of what you're complaining about. Just because mabi does repair fees doesn't mean much because we hardly have gold sinks.
    Yes I say its wrong because I don't like how it is now and I know it's not how it is intended to be. What kind of game makes players resistant of using their real gear?
    Uh lots of them? Runescape to name one FFXIV to name another, even ESO has repair fees. And mabi is the kind of game that makes you hesitant to use your real gear because there's so many different skill sets and weapons. Mabi shouldn't be the same as other mmos when so much of it is so different. Expensive gear is worth it where it's useful, just 95% of the game it's not useful in and most of it is min maxing for epeen status.
    I don't like these repair fees rates at first place, but I know they won't change it.
    I'm saying that if they wanna do same thing as KR does then bring pay irl to repair thing over here too since that's main reason why they're pushing expensive repair fee.
    I know other games have repair fee but it's not like how Mabi does it. Repair fee may exist but not to ridiculous amount.
    Using cheapo weapon in SM is reasonable. But if you use end game weapon like Divine crossbow or Celtic chain blade in Rabbie phantasm or something equivalent and still lose money then it's a problem.

    So you want to be able to pay real money for repairs so you can use endgame gear everywhere or you want to take away repair fees so the economy dies entirely. If you can afford divine weapons with the new enchants that are x10 repair (and stupidly rare too) what is left for you to do even? At that point gold doesn't really have value if you have gear like that as there's nothing left to use said gold on.

    But wait, there is, something that gold can't buy because it's non existent unless you can get it yourself. Take a look at succy queen outfit, there's been 2 that I know of sold. If you really wanted that and you have the means to get it, it doesn't matter if you lose gold going for it because if you get it it's one of a kind. But that goes back to my main point then, those enchants really aren't worth it aside from bragging rights to go "look what I have" neither is most of the content you'd use something like that on. It's the bane of having everything you'd want so the repair fee is null, at that point gold doesn't have value to you.
    How is KR mabi even alive according to your logic where "economy will die instantly if repair is p2w?"They'd run more stuff more often because they're not losing money anymore and not hesitant of using their main gear. They'd start building better gears since it's not expensive to repair anymore. And there'll be still gold sink because people who don't wanna pay would use gold repairs+ other gold sinks mentioned earlier.
    How many people have you seen that are so much dedicated that they'd throw in anything and not care about money to be good at the game? I've seen some dedicated people yet they still care about money. You're talking about maybe 0.01% of community. "Oh it's for bragging rights" doesn't justify making it this expensive- again, weapon that only gold buyer or gacha buyer can afford or you're bound to lose money while using it- because Nexon's intent is distorted due to NA not having repair system like KR does.
    Trythis wrote: »
    @finity ninja does not have much to gain from girg and conqueror, fighter has more problems that need attention than enchants, Archer as I understand it has more dire stiplulations than enchants ie the argument that it needs reforges that discussion is more important than Archer ESes, magic is fine perhaps a little tweaking to make it faster,
    Alchemy does have enchants problems but like fighter it needs a massive overhaul in general puppeteer is the same as fighter and alchemy but not as bad
    Chains are most certainly fine, Giants in beast form do not expend dura for full swing so beast + wg is good way for me to save on dura if I want

    My point is there's more important issues than enchants, also these new enchants are for divine weapons only which like 90% of the population can't even afford to make, if you can afford to make divine weapon then maybe that 10x won't be so bad for you
    The repair fee accumulated would be equivalent of making a brand new one after a while if you look at prices
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,870
    Posts: 153
    Member
    @Finity this is not going anywhere we have different point of views that can't compermise, so let's argee to disagree.